Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #23
sassie_kat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
We had the same problem at LM last Friday. Sign said 30 minutes but it was actually an hour and 30 minutes. You can't tell how long the line is because alot of it is hidden from the outside. This was the only time we've ever had this problem. Maybe there's something wrong with that ride's timecard reader?
That was the day we were there! If you were one of the unfortunate people who had to put up with my daughter screaming as we left the line, I am SO sorry!!! The line is deceiving - but then, most of them are. You cannot see that there are multiple rooms that you go through. Since this was our first trip since NFL was completed, I had NO idea what the queue area was like. If I had known how much of it was hidden from view AND where the line was forming when we got in, we probably would have skipped it.

Since I now know that ride CMs can't adjust the wait time, are they permitted to give guests a heads up? The helpful CM up front heard us discussing whether or not to get in line, couldn't he have chimed in with something of a warning?

I get the whole FP thing, and trust me - we used the heck out of both that system and the rider swap tickets (we may not be returning until my youngest has gotten tall enough to ride most of the rides though . . . she LOVES her thrill rides and was NOT happy to be left behind!**) There were no large groups of FP returners and like I said earlier, there were plenty of red timers going through the line in front of and behind us. I'm just so glad that was our last ride of the day and we had nowhere else to be. I shudder at the thought of what would have happened had we had to leave the line for good without riding it. I'm pretty good at averting a tantrum most of the time but all my tricks wouldn't have saved that night!

** My BIL got a cute video of my daughter singing a song about being left behind while Mommy rides the rides. It went something like "baby swap, momma makes me wait, baby swap, mommy gets to ride . . . BARN STORMER . . . no baby swap for that, baby swap, momma makes me wait . . . "
sassie_kat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: