Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #331
joshswif
Mouseketeer

I'm in as well! Looks like it will be, me, DH, DD8, DD2, my mom brother, and sister! We'll be there October 27th through November 7th! Spending two days in each park plus 2 days of relaxing! I can't wait!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #332
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonsours View Post
I was wondering, how does everyone plan? Last time I started with the park hours, chose which parks for which days, and planned our ADR's accordingly. But since the park hours won't be posted until close to the 180 day mark, I'm worried I won't have enough time. (Besides, I want to start planning now!)
I usually start with the Crowd Tracker from Touring Plans. They have a recommended "Best Park" and have already compiled their best guess for hours and business for each park. It may adjust over the next few months, but it often is pretty accurate, even this far out.
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #333
joshswif
Mouseketeer

So I am just in the beginning stages of my planning. DH and I took our daughters (who were 7 and 11 months at that time) last summer. It was a surprise trip from my DH and while I greatly appreciated it and we had a blast, I'm looking forward to making all the plans this go around AND having two days in each park this time!

On to my question! I want to do the DDP this time and am wondering how everyone fits it all in. The only bad thing about TS is the time it takes out of the parks enjoying rides and such. Do you plan mostly breakfasts? I'm waiting on the crowd calendars to come out so I have a better idea of what park we'll be at each day.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #334
lemonsours
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyocdDisneyfan View Post
I usually start with the Crowd Tracker from Touring Plans. They have a recommended "Best Park" and have already compiled their best guess for hours and business for each park. It may adjust over the next few months, but it often is pretty accurate, even this far out.
Thanks. I didn't use touring plans the last two times, but I think I will this time. I just can't wait to get started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshswif View Post
On to my question! I want to do the DDP this time and am wondering how everyone fits it all in. The only bad thing about TS is the time it takes out of the parks enjoying rides and such. Do you plan mostly breakfasts? I'm waiting on the crowd calendars to come out so I have a better idea of what park we'll be at each day.

Thanks in advance!!
We had FD for the last two trips, so I can share our experiences. In general, we used our TS meal as our break from the parks. We don't like to go back to the hotel during the day, as we feel it takes too much time, but having the break to sit down and rest in the a/c during a TS meal was a very nice break. In general, if we started early with EMH, we would book a late breakfast TS meal, and if we were staying late, we would book an early dinner. This had the added advantage of being off-peak meals, so ADR's were easier and the restaurants seemed less crowded. We branched out to nearby resorts, too, so one evening we were in MK and we did our ADR at Chef Mickey's for the first seating. Or our early day in AK, we did an early dinner ADR for Boma.

The only thing we had left at the end of the trip was 2 quick service meals and a couple of snacks--the last morning we got breakfast and bought breakfast for a mom and her son to use the last 2 QS, and then we went to the gift shop and bought a bunch of snacks for the trip home and to share with friends.

HTH!
October 2007 CSR

lemonsours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #335
RoundtownGirl
Mouseketeer

Please add us to the list. We'll be at POR this fall for our first MNSSHP and F & W. Oct. 15 through 21

RoundtownGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:11 AM   #336
joshswif
Mouseketeer

Another silly question. I've never book ADR's before and am wanting to call on the 180 day mark. So...say you're going for a week. When its time to start booking your ADR's 180 days out, do you have to call every day that week that your booking?

Ex. April 18th will be 180 days away from OCt. 13th. So if I'm going that whole week can I make all my reservations in one call, or am I going to need the call that whole week of April for that day's reservations I'm trying to make?

Sorry if its confusing!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #337
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshswif View Post
Another silly question. I've never book ADR's before and am wanting to call on the 180 day mark. So...say you're going for a week. When its time to start booking your ADR's 180 days out, do you have to call every day that week that your booking?

Ex. April 18th will be 180 days away from OCt. 13th. So if I'm going that whole week can I make all my reservations in one call, or am I going to need the call that whole week of April for that day's reservations I'm trying to make?

Sorry if its confusing!
If you are staying on site you do not have to call every day. That first day you call they allow you to book 10 more days. So Oct 13-23.
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
MISSYLEXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #338
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

We'll be there 10/10 - 10/15 staying at BWV! Very excited. Loved visiting in October last year!
Glad to see the October calendar was published yesterday. Counting down to ADRs now!
LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #339
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

We're going from 9/27 thru 10/18 ~ two weeks at Polynesian Isles and one week at Star Island. It coincides with F&W. We may also stay a few days at SoG. Our February/March trip was also 3 weeks at POP/POFQ/SoG/Cypress Palms. Fun trip.

The next trip will be without kids and grand gids, although the kids are all in their 30s.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #340
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

I'll be down there 10-27-11/2, booked a courtyard view at the WL. Can't wait, first solo trip as well.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #341
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Is there a special card to purchase that is used for payment of F&W festival items at the booths? I recall hearing people mention something they had on a lanyard... Perhaps I was mistaken?

Can DDP credits be used at F&W booths

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #342
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
Is there a special card to purchase that is used for payment of F&W festival items at the booths? I recall hearing people mention something they had on a lanyard... Perhaps I was mistaken?

Can DDP credits be used at F&W booths
It's just a regular Disney gift card that is either one a wristband, or a lanyard.

You can use snack credits on almost all the food options available at the F&W Festival.

My separate question is, only going to Disney in the summer months, what can I expect weather wise for late October early November?

I'm from NJ, so I know by default it should be warmer than up here for that time of year, but what am I looking at? Low 70s? 80s?
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #343
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
Hoping to change my ticker soon to show an October trip over my kids school break... fingers crossed that we can settle on dates before or after the 17th!

Cannot wait for MNSSHP and Hallowishes and Food&Wine!

Anyone know if they offer free dining or pacakges typically in Mid-October? I think the TAs honor the better deals if they come up after you book. Not sure if Disney does when you book directly through them.

Sydnerella's Mama

We have booked our trip! October 11-18th, 2013 at POFQ and planning on the Columbus Day MNSSHP.

Getting close to ADR time so onto the next order of business!

Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #344
baylie666
Mouseketeer

I have a question (sorry) about booking ADRs I am really nervous that we won't get our tables if i am not prepared enough.
Can I book online as I have our Disney reservation to hand or do I have to phone America?
If I have to phone what information will they need from me?

I've got to book some ADRs for mum (they are going a week before us) and their ADR window starts tomorrow.

UPDATE - all booked and all times we wanted were available. Now got to wait to book the next batch in a weeks time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by baylie666; 03-28-2013 at 09:46 AM.
baylie666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #345
Wondershy
Earning My Ears

Trip has officially been booked!
Will be there from October 19th - 28th, staying at AOA.
Wondershy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: