Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #856
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
Love all the pool pictures! Seems like you had a nice day off of the parks. Did Parker have a favorite pool out of all the ones at the resort?
i would say big blue was there favorite mostly because of the splash area but they loved going out in the middle of the big blue pool that sucker is HUGE...you never seem to have an issue with people being to close playing in there.

i wish he would have gotten into the pool games more but we only ended up playing one game. they were throwing rings out to the kids, sort of like dolphins trying to catch them on there nose, but they used there arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I guess I never ventured to POP for lunch or dinner. Usually I see the breakfast menu and then dash back in as they are closing it down.

Kids sit on the pop jets all the time.
those burritos were really really good, came with a side of nachos and cheese.

i wanted to sit on them too but then people might think i was weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love your pictures as you toured over to Pop and then back to AOA. Mark and I definitely have to get over to AOA and take a look around in August.

Those squishy toys are just adorable and how nice that they let the kids keep them. Great tub toys, I bet.
i wish i would have taken more pics at POP but was on a mission to hit the food court and get back to tell the others the menu.

they are great tub toys the kids still play with them in the bath.

you know you could still select it as your one night reservation i think you could handle a value for one night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
That is hilarious about that older couple not checking out with their mugs. People... lol!

Good job on raising all of that money. I can't believe a girl shaved her head off for 500 dollars!!! I would need at least 10K!
it was a funny conversation thats for sure.

there were girls who raised as little as 300 that had there head shaved, one girl had 1,700...so a broad range.

i bet you would do it for as little as 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
That is hilarious about the couple and the mugs

What did you think of your brief visit to Pop? Love all huge icons there.

Looks like Parker had a great time in play area
i liked it, the icons were neat there thats for sure...but after seeing the extreme themeing at AoA it is hard to not stay there in the little mermaid for basically the same price.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 03-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #857
MrsTiggerFanNTX
Earning My Ears

Loving all the AoA pics! Looks so awesome! Disney is so great at themes!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #858
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Another fun update, and you always seem to capture so much detail around the resorts! It makes it feel almost like I've been there before. I can't wait to go back and see it all sometime.

You sure you were collecting all of those squishy pool balls for the "kids?" Seems rather convenient. That play area looks like lots of fun too. Can I borrow the kids sometime so I can hang out there.........purely for supervisory purposes you understand???

And the burritos over at Pop sound like they might be worth a trip if the timing is right for a quick mealtime! And too funny about the couple with the mugs!!

Oh, and 2 Candi's.

Wait, that isn't here is it.............
glad i could bring you "into" the experience marv...and if you take the kids in the splash area that means you would have to take me also...and also pay for me to get there.

the squishy balls were just for the kids, allthough i did enjoy throwing them back and forth with them.

the burritos are really good, you should make a point to get them sometime, they come with a side of nachos and cheese.

wrong report but good spotting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Congratulations on all the money you raised - and your shamrock cap looks amazing. What a great event. Kudos to the girl who let all her hair go for $500. That's brave.
thank you very much,
there were girls that shaved from 300 to 1,700 so a wide range...but it was brave of her to just decide last minute while watching to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Lovely pool pictures. I just think that pool is simply amazing. I would love to stay there just to swim in that pool.

Too funny about the couple with the mugs.
it is awesome and huge, and best part is even with tons of people never seems crowded.

they were a funny couple thats for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I am kind of surprised (but not really) that they included on the rules that if you have diarrhea you shouldn't use the fountains. But I guess there would be that ONE person that claimed they didn't see anything wrong with it!

Had to laugh at the folks with the mug problem. Good for you helping them out!

Looks like a fun day at the pool!
i think i have seen that in pretty much every pool sign...but does make sense for the kiddie area, never know when that feeling will act up while the kids are playing in there.

it was a great relaxing day we really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
I am FINALLY caught up again. I am still on your AK day! I am glad that seeing The Lion King show was successful and the Noelle is getting used to visiting with the characters. I am hoping my child doesn't have problems next month with the characters. I am taking him to see the Easter Bunny this weekend to see what his response will be.

That safari was really neat! How cool to see rhinos crossing the street. I have never seen that!

Taking a day off it always a must. The theming of the areas is awesome. I think the next time we will being staying there. Hopefully that will be next year.

What an awesome thing you done with St. Baldricks! I am glad that I was able to contribute a little to your goal.
i think even if the easter bunny experience does not go well, that as your disney trip goes on he will warm up to them.

hope you get to maybe check it out on your off day.

thanks for the donation you gave.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 03-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #859
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTiggerFanNTX View Post
Loving all the AoA pics! Looks so awesome! Disney is so great at themes!
and thanks for joining along and the comments...we really enjoyed the resort alot.

Blessed by the Best
Old 03-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #860
cherbear
DIS Veteran

what an incredible thing you do with St Baldricks!! Way to go, Dan! Thanks for sharing the story of the day, and pictures. Like the others, I can't believe that girl shaved her head! Kudos to her for her bravery.

What a great update and I can't wait to read more! I wasn't as far behind as I thought

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 03-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #861
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

What an awesome cause Dan !!! I LOVE your shramrock !!!!

As for lunch at Pop I highly approve !!I love Pop Foodcourt !! My FAV is the Chicken alfredo and the Tyedye cheesecake !!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #862
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
We had a blast throwing it back and forth. We tried to give it back to her when we were done but she told us that they have a huge supply of them and the kids get to keep them when they are done playing with it.
Cool...extra pixie dust!

Quote:
turns out they were on the dinning plan and were entitled to 2 free mugs...so they took them from the stand.

and walked out.

then were trying to get the security tag off to fill them up...i informed them that yes they were to get them with there meal plan but that they needed to take them to the register to have there card swiped and they would take the tags off.

The Nemo pool area looked really cool. Perfect theme for a pool!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #863
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

wow the nemo splash pad is pretty cool! I dont think I remember seeing that when we stayed there in September but we were in the Car section..

I would love to be like your wife and lay in the sun- childless! lol

What did you think of Pop? I always see where POP is pretty popular on here but I think AOA looks so much better and its new!
I remember staying there when I was maybe 14?

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 03-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #864
jenny105
DIS Veteran

So lemme get this straight. You went to Pop. And didn't get the tie dye cheesecake???

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 03-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #865
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
what an incredible thing you do with St Baldricks!! Way to go, Dan! Thanks for sharing the story of the day, and pictures. Like the others, I can't believe that girl shaved her head! Kudos to her for her bravery.

What a great update and I can't wait to read more! I wasn't as far behind as I thought
thanks cheri, there were actually a pretty good amount of girls/women that shaved there head we doubled our numbers from last year, we had about 20 this year.

hope the AoA info is helping you on your trip planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
What an awesome cause Dan !!! I LOVE your shramrock !!!!

As for lunch at Pop I highly approve !!I love Pop Foodcourt !! My FAV is the Chicken alfredo and the Tyedye cheesecake !!!!!
thanks rosie, he messed up the one side a little but didnt do too bad not having a guide and just cutting it in.

hmm, might have to check the chicken alfredo out another time, have you ever had the burritos?

Blessed by the Best
Old 03-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #866
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Cool...extra pixie dust!

The Nemo pool area looked really cool. Perfect theme for a pool!
yep some nice extra pixie dust for sure...i wonder how many other pools have those or if it was just resort specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
wow the nemo splash pad is pretty cool! I dont think I remember seeing that when we stayed there in September but we were in the Car section..

I would love to be like your wife and lay in the sun- childless! lol

What did you think of Pop? I always see where POP is pretty popular on here but I think AOA looks so much better and its new!
I remember staying there when I was maybe 14?
if you are not looking for it, the splash area can sort of blend into the pool area, with the big jelly fish water features in the big blue pool out front.

thats why i knew that if i took noelle parker was old enough on his own to run around the splash area and she could just sit and relax and watch him...you should try it next trip.

i liked POP better than the other values...i think that alot still prefer POP to AoA mermaid rooms because they are scared of the distance to the main building...but honestly i didnt find it an issue, sure it took between 8 and 10 minutes to walk with the kids in the morning or evening, but compaired with the rest of the daily walking you do not bad at all...i am like you i would choose the newness of the resort and the theming there over POP anyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
So lemme get this straight. You went to Pop. And didn't get the tie dye cheesecake???
that would be correct. something about colored cheesecake doesnt sound that awesome to me...maybe im missing something.

Blessed by the Best
Old 03-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #867
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 41. A Relaxing Stroll back to the room.

Chapter 41. A Relaxing Stroll back to the room.

Since this day was all about relaxing on our way back to our room from lunch we took the path along the water...it is actually the shortest path back to our room from that point so that worked, but also very quite we did not pass anyone else.

We enjoyed reading the signs on the way back about the movies for each section.

Since we only headed one way to our room we only saw half the signs this day, the rest were photographed another afternoon.

I dont really need to explain them so i will just post them for your reading enjoyment.
First up the nemo ones.

huh looks that i only got hte one side of that sign, moving onto the lion king ones.

Now we are at the Little mermaid signs.

i have seen mickey before in that scene but nevernoticed everyone else.

when we got back to our room the kids had a little surprise for them in the window.

we had little things done in the room during the first part of the week, but this was the first time something was in the window like that...parkers face especially didnt know what to think about it.

little did he know the coolthings that would happen to the toys the next few days, we must have had a new maid this second week because each day she did something really fun for the kids with there stuffed animals/toys.

Im sure Noelle was thinking what in the world is my lion king toys doing in there.

the rest of hte stuffed animals were spread out on the bed.

parker was trying to help Noelle up to see them.

Looks like she got Mickey really good in this tackle move.

the rest of the afternoon was spent playing with the mr potato head toys we got the other day at downtown disney...here you can see some of the bigger items that we got, we didnt get as many pieces as in the past,

but since we had plenty of the small things we planned our box around the larger pieces of the buzz vehicle, tink stuff, that tink hair piece was huge in the box...and the goofy hat took up a lot of space with its odd shape.

but we now have all the pieces the kids realy wanted besides the star wars stuff which parker doesnt care for right now so it was a good haul.

Noelle really had a thing for climbing into the back of the stroller were parker would sit, this is the day she got stuck in the basket where we stored stuff...and also where her intro picture came from.

so not a ton of heavy stuff in this update or alot going on, but it was the rest of our relaxing day before we went to dinner that night.

which will be in the next chapter.

Blessed by the Best
Old 03-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #868
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks cheri, there were actually a pretty good amount of girls/women that shaved there head we doubled our numbers from last year, we had about 20 this year.

hope the AoA info is helping you on your trip planning.

thanks rosie, he messed up the one side a little but didnt do too bad not having a guide and just cutting it in.

hmm, might have to check the chicken alfredo out another time, have you ever had the burritos?
I usually order the Alfredo ,it is soooo good and I try to be tempted by other entrees butttt the alfredo wins everytime !!so no I have not tried the burittos !!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 03-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #869
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great relaxing day !!Love the pix of Noelle in the basketSo where was dinner ????
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 03-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #870
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I love walking around the lake when I stay at Pop. So peaceful! They have the same kind of signs but obviously they're about the different decades.

I always thought Jeremy Irons sung that song. Learn something new everyday!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: