DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

We Put Our First Offer In To FINALLY Become A DVC Member!!!

We are beyond excited that we have finally put our first offer in for a DVC Resale Now the waiting game begins which I have never been good at Anyways, I spoke to the listing agent and he said hopefully we should have an answer from the seller today and then we can move forward with the contract and deposit. My question is, if we agree on a price and send in the deposit...what happens with our deposit if Disney ROFR's our points?? Do we get our deposit back?
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Mommy2TwoMickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
We are beyond excited that we have finally put our first offer in for a DVC Resale Now the waiting game begins which I have never been good at Anyways, I spoke to the listing agent and he said hopefully we should have an answer from the seller today and then we can move forward with the contract and deposit. My question is, if we agree on a price and send in the deposit...what happens with our deposit if Disney ROFR's our points?? Do we get our deposit back?
You will get your deposit back if Disney exercises ROFR. Good luck!
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Yacht Club Feb '15, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
jenbelles
Mouseketeer

We opted to leave our deposit in escrow since we were going to continue our search for a resale contract.
jenbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
GrassMaster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
Yes, you will get it back. Unfortunately found out ourselves last week. I will say the refund came very quick through TTS. Good luck!
GrassMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
nalajms
DIS Veteran

Good luck! I'm so excited for you. Just get ready to negotiate.

When we used a credit card with Fidelity, they didn't even bother charging the deposit until after ROFR.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
mort1331
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalajms View Post

When we used a credit card with Fidelity, they didn't even bother charging the deposit until after ROFR.
GOOD CHOICE AND GOOD LUCK,,,
This was our experience of the deposit with the un-named company. We were able to negotiate back and forth and finaly landed in the middle where we wanted.
mort1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassMaster View Post
Yes, you will get it back. Unfortunately found out ourselves last week. I will say the refund came very quick through TTS. Good luck!
What did yours get rofr'd at?
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
Illini Al
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalajms View Post

Interesting, our deposit was charged to my credit card a couple days into the ROFR period. The purchase was with Fidelity as well.
Illini Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #9
denneg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys
We put in our first offer yesterday! Not optimistic since the seller isn't responding and we offered near asking price...so most likely we will be making our second offer by Friday! So exciting! Good luck to you!
denneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Thank You Everyone! Well the seller accepted our offer and actually accepted it about 10 minutes after I started this thread We signed the contract and send it back, As of 3:30pm yesterday the seller did not sign theirs yet, but hoping that they did by this morning to get it on its way to Disney! I will keep you posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by denneg View Post
We put in our first offer yesterday! Not optimistic since the seller isn't responding and we offered near asking price...so most likely we will be making our second offer by Friday! So exciting! Good luck to you!
Good Luck To You As Well! Such An Exciting Time! I Sure Hope Your Seller Responds Today!
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Old 03-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
denneg
DIS Veteran

Our seller never responded, so they pulled the listing. Looking now for something similar, slim pickings right now for the number of points we want with at least the 2013 points intact! In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with the ROFR process!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #12
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denneg
Our seller never responded, so they pulled the listing. Looking now for something similar, slim pickings right now for the number of points we want with at least the 2013 points intact! In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with the ROFR process!
Bummer!!keep us posted!!!
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So sorry to hear that they didn't respond! I have noticed that their aren't many listings. Though I've read somewhere that soon their should be more DVC's available because most people scoop the listings up with income tax funds Thanks so much! It was sent to Disney on March 21st so we still have a ways to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMama View Post
Bummer!!keep us posted!!!

I sure will

Old 03-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #14
e46m3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Was the seller from Japan? This happened to me too.
e46m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #15
denneg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3 View Post
Was the seller from Japan? This happened to me too.
I'm not sure, it was a listing with **** for 200 SSR points. They let us know that they hadn't heard back from them and by that point, I think we were one of three offers anyway! Now we haven't found just what we're looking for, and I don't want to jump at something else that isn't just right and then regret it down the line. Hoping the right listing comes along soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: