Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer
 
luvsvacations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 356

Current spring promotion

We are a group of 4 - currently book at ASMU suite - I am thinking of changing to a OKW studio. The pool just looks so nice. ANyway - I have a niece that could possibly end up joining us. If I change to OKW we would have to rebook to something different - currently we are there from April 11-15. Now if she decides to do this on, say April 5, and we need to change can I still get the promo deal and go to possibly back to the ASMU suite ?? Also when changing what happens if you are scheduled for ME and your tags have the wrong resort ?? Thanks
luvsvacations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English
 
Marionnette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pleasure Island
Posts: 6,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsvacations View Post
We are a group of 4 - currently book at ASMU suite - I am thinking of changing to a OKW studio. The pool just looks so nice. ANyway - I have a niece that could possibly end up joining us. If I change to OKW we would have to rebook to something different - currently we are there from April 11-15. Now if she decides to do this on, say April 5, and we need to change can I still get the promo deal and go to possibly back to the ASMU suite ?? Also when changing what happens if you are scheduled for ME and your tags have the wrong resort ?? Thanks
A lot will depend on what is available when you try to re-book. That ASMu suite may not be available for every night of the new week. Or if it is, it may not be available with a discount. Disney only sets so many rooms aside at each resort and in each category for the discount rates. You would be rolling the dice on this one.

If you have a package, there is also the possibility of having to pay change fees since you're inside the 45-day window. They usually waive the fee if your new price is higher than the old price. Disney doesn't want to make it too unpleasant when they're taking more of your money from you.

You can get new ME tags sent to you if your resort changes. Or you can retrieve your luggage from the baggage claim carousel and stop at the DME desk to pick up your new vouchers if there isn't enough time to have the tags mailed to you.
__________________
Opinions, suggestions and comments are based on my own experience and should not be regarded as the absolute and only possible outcome of any situation.
Your mileage may (and probably will) vary.





Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #3
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer
 
luvsvacations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 356

Darned if I do and darned if I dont. Does this promo end March 31 ?? It would not have to be ASMU just dont want to have to go where it would be a big difference in price. IF she decided to come. Thanks
luvsvacations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
madelyn
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsvacations View Post
Darned if I do and darned if I dont. Does this promo end March 31 ?? It would not have to be ASMU just dont want to have to go where it would be a big difference in price. IF she decided to come. Thanks
Port Orleans Riverside is the only moderate that will sleep 5. But I'm not sure what your niece's age/size is. The 5th person bed is small and fits a child/ver small adult. But you would be prepared if she came on the trip or not and the price would be less than the ASMU suite and OKW studio. I have stayed at ASMU (but in a regular room) and an OKW studio but have not ever stayed at POR. In the site now. Looks like for your dates OKW studio is $257.60/nt, ASMU suite $207.20/$243.20, POR $150/168.75 per night. Oh, so it wasn't that the OKW studio was cheaper but it was just your preferred resort and you are worried if you have to switch back to ASMU suite at the last minute the price will be rack, and higher? You could go w/ the 1 bedroom at OKW but that is $355.60/nt. That technically sleeps 5 (5th person in a sleeper chair) but if you go through WDW reservations and not through DVC I don't think they let you book 5 in that unit. You could rent DVC points for OKW. Just tried to add the 5th person online to the 1 bedroom at OKW and they allowed it. That price for the 1 bedroom at OKW is only about $30-something dollars more per night than the rack rate for an ASMU suite.

Last edited by madelyn; 03-21-2013 at 01:26 PM.
madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
A lot will depend on what is available when you try to re-book. That ASMu suite may not be available for every night of the new week. Or if it is, it may not be available with a discount. Disney only sets so many rooms aside at each resort and in each category for the discount rates. You would be rolling the dice on this one.

If you have a package, there is also the possibility of having to pay change fees since you're inside the 45-day window. They usually waive the fee if your new price is higher than the old price. Disney doesn't want to make it too unpleasant when they're taking more of your money from you.

You can get new ME tags sent to you if your resort changes. Or you can retrieve your luggage from the baggage claim carousel and stop at the DME desk to pick up your new vouchers if there isn't enough time to have the tags mailed to you.
This is correct. I also wanted to add that if you want to change resorts after the promo expires, you will have to talk to someone in guest services as regular reservation CMs usually don't have access to expired promos and can't check availability/make a change once a promo has expired.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer
 
luvsvacations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 356

Thanks for the input - I wish I had asked earlier - especially with the price for a 1 bedroom OKW. But - we have a package and I cannot cancel that. So, I went with the studio - and you know what that means - 3 days before I will get a phone call! Gotta love em!
luvsvacations is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.