Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #1261
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
You're asking US??? I would think it would have been obvious to you!!!
I didn't feel a thing. No lie!

Quote:
Maybe, but after that little character meet incident, I'm guessing you went for a new Mike Wazowski (with one good eye) plush toy to take home............
If only I could have found one!!!!!

Quote:
What? No castle in the background???
Sad, but obviously true!

Quote:
Mike action AND Bo Action??? You're gonna get a reputation around here if you aren't careful..........
I tried not to let my DH see the evidence.

Quote:
Some really great pictures of your walk back, and around Boardwalk! Too bad the room wasn't ready yet.
Thanks! It was a gorgeous day. I would have loved for our room to be ready a couple hours earlier, but we made out just fine so no complaints!

Quote:
Never tried Captain's Grille for anything other than dinner, but the two times I ate there were really great experiences, and the food was fantastic!!! Glad you enjoyed your burger. Need to try breakfast and/or lunch there sometime.

I will definitely be going back to the Captain's Grille! It was a very enjoyable meal and a great way to get away from it all.

Quote:
You got some great pictures of the marina area! I really need to spend a little time away from the parks and explore this area more!
If you never had, you really should check it out. It's a wonderful area and I love staying in the vicinity.

Quote:
Definitely looks like a great pool to relax and unwind so you are ready for more park time!
It its definitely on the list of my top 3 quiet pools. Love it!

Quote:
Stalker!!
Who me??? Guilty as charged.

Quote:
Not bad. What a crazy FP line for TSMM, and boy can those FPs go quickly sometimes! Love RnR and that is usually at the top of the list after hitting TSMM for me too!
RnR is always my number one ride. I like the adrenaline rush so its great to get that out of the way. Plus the line usually gets longer than ToT so it makes sense.

Quote:
Looks like Goofy should have been holding his hat during the ride too!!!
I totally agree!

Quote:
Finally, some quality T-shirt ideas..........NOW we're talking!!!
Commission - I tell you they out to be paying her commission!

Quote:
You both got some great pics of the Streetmosphere, and nice job on the TSMM scores!!!
Thanks....and....well.....my TSM was less than stellar. I want a rematch, but it won't be until 2014!

Quote:
With all the pictures of women I see on the DIS hanging all over him, I have GOT to find out what special attraction that guy has going for him.............
He's tall, thin, and never disagrees. He's got the the perfect vibe going on.

Quote:
More great pictures of the walking trail back, and around the resorts, Boardwalk and lake! Like I said, I really like Captain's Grille, so great choice IMO!
We really enjoyed our walk. I'm not often there when I can really enjoy a walk mid day with perfect weather. Usually its just too blazing hot. Today - perfection.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #1262
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I absolutely love the Boardwalk area!! I'm glad you had a nice lunch at Captain's Grille - it really is a hidden gem! I've only been there once but will definitely be back!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #1263
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I have been reading along just no time to post on all my threads !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #1264
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I need to know what that app is..... With TIw going up I may need to start working the DVC, AP and VISA discounts more.
I am very disappointed that the price is being raised to $100. I really think that's a little steep. But I am going to purchase one this summer because I will use it for three trips again, so I guess it's worth it.

Quote:
YES Chelsea started it.....
Oh that Chelsea!

Quote:
Spreadsheet alert!!!!

Shocking? NOT!!!!!!!

Quote:
Okay lets see....

He is reliable - I always know where to find him ... except for one summer trip.
He is quiet, and does not complain about having to hang around while I ride or shop.
He is ready with a refreshment- sio I know he cares.

He always greets me with a great smile.

I will say he is not perfect but he is a welcome sight when I enter DHS.

I think you summed it up just perfectly. Right on Sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
Thank you both for all the wonderful pictures of the walk from DHS to the Boardwalk Inn! I can't wait to try out this path in a few months, and it helps to know what I'm supposed to be looking for!
I know the first time I walked that path I really wasn't sure what it looked like, how long it was, or where to find it. So I am glad that the pictures helped!

Quote:
Cynthia, thank you for all the great pictures of the t-shirts! I've seen quite a few that are pretty fun, and quite a few more that are pretty hysterical! I hope you have more of them?
I'm pretty sure she went back to MK and bought some for her boys so I suspect more pictures are in the works.

Quote:
Thanks for two great updates!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
And...
-he is agreeable - never says no to any crazy idea one might have.
-he lets you put hats, scarves, leis, or whatever on him, and he wears them proudly while you take a picture.
-he's cheap to keep fed, and what other guy can you say that about???
-he is always careful to keep those white clothes white.
He is all that and so much more!

Quote:
Anyone else want to sing Bo's praises? If I had time, I'd dig up some of my old Bo pictures, but I have to get this house in order and finish packing for a trip to Bo's world tomorrow.
I would love to see some old Bo pictures, but packing definitely comes first. Sorry I missed your send-off. Right now I hope you are having an absolutely awesome first night in the world and don't forget to say "hi" to Bo for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post
You mean like this?!

or...this?!

I had love for Bo even before I found the DIS!
Ashley - these pictures are awesome!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for posting them!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Selective editing makes things more fun!
It can! I can always count on you (and Glen) for keeping it real with the editing.

Quote:
It takes a lot of time!

Quote:
With a great view of the Creepy Clown??
Hmmmmmm........I guess you'll have to wait to find out!

Quote:
You know you want to see him.
You know - there is something I realized this trip and that is that the clown is not nearly as creepy when you are actually sitting on the pool deck.

Quote:
You finally learned your lesson!
I knew you would be proud!

Quote:
(because there was actual meat in it)
Yeah - I have to admit that changing the main ingredient to meat really did help.

Quote:
NOW you tell me!
There is always that opportunity for a vow renewal. Just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
aagh ALL OF MY MULTI QUOTES ARE GONE! I just caught up on like 20 pages and had some great photos to comment on. darn!!!

Now I'm going to have to come back & find the key pictures.
I was having trouble with quotes a couple weeks ago. I couldn't copy anything. If you are still having a problem trying resetting the cache or clearing the cookies - clear the history off your browser and see if it works.

Quote:
I don't remember a crystal store in MK and it looks like you both visited there separately. Like Cynthia, its probably a store I avoid when with Katie because I hate the idea of having to buy broken crystal.
As expensive as it is, broken crystal would NOT be good. Better to avoid.

Quote:
First, I love the Poly pics. Is that a zero entry pool? I didn't look that closely when we visited there last month. It does look like a fun slide - I could totally see going down that puppy with Katie.
Yes - its zero entry. I did not go down the slide so I can not attest to its fun factor.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 03-20-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #1265
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mary Ellen I love your WLR photos. I truly think this is the prettiest resort. I just love the feel of it. I am relieved that JOe (in true fuzzy disney logic) feels that even though he's still "mad" at the WLR, he'd stay at VWL because you know, that's DVC, not the regular resort . hey, whatever works because it really is one of my favorite resorts.
It really is a special resort and I am also relieved that Joe that will consider staying at VWL. Now that you belong to DVC you definitely have to try all the resorts. Its a right of passage!

Quote:
You and Cynthia really really lucked out walking into MK for MSEP - Your photos turned out awesome!

Tell me, are those really people at the back of this float, all done up in lights? I zoomed in a few times but can't be sure. its very cool looking!!
We really did luck out several times during this trip. I'm thrilled that we got a great parade spot.

As far as the back of the float - I don't think they are real people. Maybe just statues. I guess I better look again.

Quote:
and Yeah, this is the best part of the prade:
It's totally the BEST part of the parade!

Quote:
If there were a prize for most DisMeets in one trip, you two would have won!!
Too bad no one gives out that prize. We did have a lot of luck with the DIS meets. That was a big fun factor in our trip. I mean, after all, Cynthia and I are a DIS meet!

Quote:
Great photo! Love the dressy look!
Thanks!

Quote:
Very funny that you dozed of ME during CoP --- I personally always entertain the family by singing along and occasionally forcing them to sway along with me to the music Its probably good that we are not normally in there with a crowd of people to annoy.
Sway to the music??? Good for you. I want to see CoP with you. It sounds like fun!

Quote:
what a good start to your DHS - RnR right away but holy cow that wait line for FP's for TSM is ridiculous!
Quote:
I hope the poor girl in line at ToT was okay.
I do too! Hopefully she just fainted and after some rest and some food she was as good as new.

Quote:
I just love the setting in the lobby

I don't think I've noticed the display cases because I always seem to be looking at all the little details.
I think that room is really cool. Heck - I love the entire queue. It's awesome.

Quote:
Do you think they actually clean the furniture in this room &then reapply the cobwebs, or just let nature take its course?
I don't know - that's actually a really good question because I'm sure they have to do something to maintain the look.

Quote:
Love that you got all the Twilight Zone shots -- that's the part that scared Katie. We are hoping she will get over the scariness of the pictures because she LOVES the bouncy part of the elevator falling.
Quote:
If you like creepy elevator stories, take a ghost tour at Gettysburg -- there's a really good elevator ghost story in town in a building that used to be a hospital during the civil war.

Quote:
Your leisure time at BW waiting for your room seems well spent. That burger looks delicious, how nice that there was no wait at all!
Quote:
Can you use TIW discount at CS places, or only TS? just wondering. It definitely makes for a nicer meal when you get waited on, and if the price was almost the same, bonus!
Quote:
Cynthia, did you actually buy any of those great tees? I loved the sparkly one from ToT (at least it looked sparkly in the photo. )

Quote:
great updates ladies! Can't wait to see your room!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #1266
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't think I would've said THAT!!!

Talk about your opportunities for selective editing.............
He IS the master! No doubt about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Lovely morning in DHS! You seem like you got quite a bit accomplished before heading over to the new resort. Both of your photos with the Coca Cola man are adorable!
We did have a great morning. It was great to get a early start and get all the big rides under our belt.

Glad you like our Bo pics!

Quote:
As always, Mary Ellen, loved your photo walk through of the Epcot resorts! Looks so beautiful there.
Thanks! It really is an awesome resort area. I love all the Epcot resorts. YC is especially fun to take pictures of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I absolutely love the Boardwalk area!! I'm glad you had a nice lunch at Captain's Grille - it really is a hidden gem! I've only been there once but will definitely be back!
I know you are a big boardwalk fan. Seriously - what's not to like. It's an awesome place.

I agree that the Captain's Grille is a hidden gem. It will definitely be a new "go-to" place for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am glad you are still hanging with us Rosie! I know all about the limited time! I'm right there with you.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #1267
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

In Disney my favourite policy is See, Want, have (Sulley would have come home with me lol)

Luvin all the Boardwalk pics. I haven't made it to Boardwalk yet.. next time.

I also need a man to marry me in Disney World

I'm happy to see the stupid stage is gone from the front of the Hat in HS
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #1268
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I am so far behind but will catch up this week.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #1269
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I need the meet the monsters inc characters! The wazowski character looks so short but i think its an illusion from that hat! Your knees look to be in the same spot as his Funny!

That outfit you are wearing with that white tank is super cute and looks comfy!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #1270
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Thank you both for all the wonderful pictures of the walk from DHS to the Boardwalk Inn! I can't wait to try out this path in a few months, and it helps to know what I'm supposed to be looking for!
You can't miss it, promise! You can however get turned around if you try to cut through and don't have your bearings...but that's within the BW itself

Quote:
Cynthia, thank you for all the great pictures of the t-shirts! I've seen quite a few that are pretty fun, and quite a few more that are pretty hysterical! I hope you have more of them?

Thanks for two great updates!
Not even close to done. You will all be quite sick of T shirts by the end.

Quote:
And...
-he lets you put hats, scarves, leis, or whatever on him, and he wears them proudly while you take a picture.

Anyone else want to sing Bo's praises? If I had time, I'd dig up some of my old Bo pictures, but I have to get this house in order and finish packing for a trip to Bo's world tomorrow.
He doesn't talk back, snore, or forget to to unload the dishwasher

Quote:
Never seen one that long!
I hadn't either, thank heavens it moved quickly

Quote:
We know better than that!
I'm really not sure anyone would want to meet up with either of us before coffee

Quote:
The back row seems to be where the Rebel spies are located as well.
I'll remember that and stash the E's there

Quote:
Now we're getting to my kinda shirts.
Yes, you'd fit right in with the target audience

Quote:
One of these days I'll figure out the proper wrist action on that infernal thing.
Or end up in a sling

Quote:
Creepy clown! Creepy clown!
He is surprisingly un creepy when close up.

Quote:
aagh ALL OF MY MULTI QUOTES ARE GONE! I just caught up on like 20 pages and had some great photos to comment on. darn!!!

Now I'm going to have to come back & find the key pictures.

I don't remember a crystal store in MK and it looks like you both visited there separately. Like Cynthia, its probably a store I avoid when with Katie because I hate the idea of having to buy broken crystal.

First, I love the Poly pics. Is that a zero entry pool? I didn't look that closely when we visited there last month. It does look like a fun slide - I could totally see going down that puppy with Katie.
The E's would love that slide too, maybe we can hop at the end of our trip, hopping is blocked out for most of it...

Quote:
Mary Ellen I love your WLR photos. I truly think this is the prettiest resort. I just love the feel of it. I am relieved that JOe (in true fuzzy disney logic) feels that even though he's still "mad" at the WLR, he'd stay at VWL because you know, that's DVC, not the regular resort . hey, whatever works because it really is one of my favorite resorts.

You and Cynthia really really lucked out walking into MK for MSEP - Your photos turned out awesome!
Joe cracks me up, why is he "mad" at the WL?

Quote:
If there were a prize for most DisMeets in one trip, you two would have won!!

Great photo! Love the dressy look!
We really had a ton of wonderful meets. It was really fun to dress for dinner most nights. Very girly

Quote:
what a good start to your DHS - RnR right away but holy cow that wait line for FP's for TSM is ridiculous!

Do you think they actually clean the furniture in this room &then reapply the cobwebs, or just let nature take its course?

Love that you got all the Twilight Zone shots -- that's the part that scared Katie. We are hoping she will get over the scariness of the pictures because she LOVES the bouncy part of the elevator falling.
Good point on the cobwebs, I wonder! That line was nuts.

Quote:
Can you use TIW discount at CS places, or only TS? just wondering. It definitely makes for a nicer meal when you get waited on, and if the price was almost the same, bonus!
Only a couple of CS, it's almost 100% TS only.

Quote:
Cynthia, did you actually buy any of those great tees? I loved the sparkly one from ToT (at least it looked sparkly in the photo. )
Not sparkly, that would have been cooler, lots of white dots basically. I did buy the boys a Tee, as did Santa and a couple for myself. Whether any of what I ended up with has been seen yet in the trip...remains to be seen

Quote:

I don't think I would've said THAT!!!

Talk about your opportunities for selective editing.............
priceless

Quote:
Lovely morning in DHS! You seem like you got quite a bit accomplished before heading over to the new resort. Both of your photos with the Coca Cola man are adorable!

As always, Mary Ellen, loved your photo walk through of the Epcot resorts! Looks so beautiful there.
Gotta love Bo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'd go back to CG, someday I would like to try it for breakfast. Maybe we will do that instead of Kouzzina on arrival day after the red eye in Dec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I feel your pain Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
In Disney my favourite policy is See, Want, have (Sulley would have come home with me lol)

LOVE your Policy! I'm glad the stage is gone too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I need the meet the monsters inc characters! The wazowski character looks so short but i think its an illusion from that hat! Your knees look to be in the same spot as his Funny!

I'm glad we found them, I'd never done a photo with them before.

Last edited by eandesmom; 03-21-2013 at 08:28 AM.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #1271
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay lets see....

He is reliable - I always know where to find him ... except for one summer trip.
He is quiet, and does not complain about having to hang around while I ride or shop.
He is ready with a refreshment- so I know he cares.

He always greets me with a great smile.

I will say he is not perfect but he is a welcome sight when I enter DHS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I think you summed it up just perfectly. Right on Sister!
Did you consider you always know where to find him because all he does all day is hang out on the street and never works? And has he actually ever given you that refreshment, or does he always keep it for his own enjoyment?

Just askin'................

Quote:
And...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
He is all that and so much more!
What about stiff, unwilling to change, and really if you look at him overall, he's quite shallow!

And none of you ladies seem to consider that Bo is a playah! He stares and smiles at every woman that walks by, and he will let any woman that comes along hug and kiss and hang all over him.

Of course I know some women fall for that sort of thing..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
He doesn't talk back, snore, or forget to to unload the dishwasher
Okay, okay........but has he ever actually UNLOADED the dishwasher? Or loaded it???
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #1272
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm back catching up! You guys had a great morning at DHS! Lots of cool pictures too, as usual.
I'm so excited to see your BW pictures of your room - we were "this close" to calling on a resale contract there the other day. I've yet to stay there though, probably should try it once! Both of your resorts this trip are on my list for next trip!

I have been with the exchange about Bo and Mike. I needed a good laugh today! Maybe now I can go get some work done.

Always nice to see my girls' smiling faces on someone else's TR.

Think I might do one with an abridged October TR and then roll it into one for HHI. Not sure if I want to do October or not. I better get my a$$ in gear if I'm going to!

Great T-shirts and resort specific merch! That makes me very happy!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #1273
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's a great policy to have, except that I am certain it would put me over my weight limit. But this summer when we are driving - well, then all bets are off.

Quote:
You must - it's a great area. I do think its more fun to stay there then just visit, but if you like it then you put the Epcot resorts on your bucket list for a future stay.

Quote:
Hmmmm ........I hope you can arrange that! A Disney wedding sounds like so much fun!

Quote:
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Welcome Back! HOpe you had a great visit to the world. The way you crank out the Trip Reports its a wonder you ever have time to catch up!!!!!

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. Like - is there a midget in that costume? I am a tad curious as to whose actually in there.

Quote:
Thanks! I bought that shirt on clearance right before we left so I wasn't sure whether I really liked it or not. But I do like the way it looks in pictures, so thanks!

Quote:
Did you consider you always know where to find him because all he does all day is hang out on the street and never works? And has he actually ever given you that refreshment, or does he always keep it for his own enjoyment?

Just askin'................
I know he would share....if only....he could!

Quote:
What about stiff, unwilling to change, and really if you look at him overall, he's quite shallow!
Shallow! Yup - I'll have to agree with that!

Quote:
And none of you ladies seem to consider that Bo is a playah! He stares and smiles at every woman that walks by, and he will let any woman that comes along hug and kiss and hang all over him.
He is clearly a playah, but I have decided to overlook that small fault.

Quote:
Of course I know some women fall for that sort of thing..........
That would be me!

Quote:
Okay, okay........but has he ever actually UNLOADED the dishwasher? Or loaded it???
Somehow, I doubt it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Okay, I'm back catching up! You guys had a great morning at DHS! Lots of cool pictures too, as usual.
I'm so excited to see your BW pictures of your room - we were "this close" to calling on a resale contract there the other day. I've yet to stay there though, probably should try it once! Both of your resorts this trip are on my list for next trip!
Welcome Back!!!!! Hope you had a wonderful time. I know you loved Charleston, but I'm dying to know what you thought about HHI.

I toyed with an add-on at BWI before I ever stayed there and I regret that I didn't follow up on it more activity before I purchased VWL. It's an awesome resort. You MUST stay there. I have a feeling you will love it.

Quote:
I have been with the exchange about Bo and Mike. I needed a good laugh today! Maybe now I can go get some work done.
We always aim to please with our antics over here.

Quote:
Always nice to see my girls' smiling faces on someone else's TR.
Your girls are adorable and I always enjoy seeing them as well!

Quote:
Think I might do one with an abridged October TR and then roll it into one for HHI. Not sure if I want to do October or not. I better get my a$$ in gear if I'm going to!
You definitely should. I really want to read about both of your trips, but specifically the HHI trip!

Quote:
Great T-shirts and resort specific merch! That makes me very happy!
Shopping makes us all very happy. Even window shopping is fun at Disney.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #1274
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm officially all caught up

I noticed that you're going to HHI. My DH really wants to go there next Summer (since there was no availability this Summer) but what is there to do for a non-golfer (aka me)?

I love all the artistic shots you got of Gaston's fountain. Very nice!

Yes, Mike is definitely trying to cop a feel it looks like!

Ooh I can't wait to see what your view is like!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #1275
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Yay! I'm officially all caught up
Thanks for reading!!!!!!

Quote:
I noticed that you're going to HHI. My DH really wants to go there next Summer (since there was no availability this Summer) but what is there to do for a non-golfer (aka me)?
HHI is amazing. I am used to the midatlantic beaches and the beaches in Florida. HHI is home to the most amazing Spanish Moss on all the trees. The beach itself is very, very hard packed and you can easily ride bikes on it. The island has a very, very upscale feel because of very strict regulations on building and signage. The landscaping is impeccable.

HHI has the greatest tide fluctuations along the entire east coast except for the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia.

HHI is 45 minutes from Savannah - which is an absolutely amazing city. Even more beautiful is Charleston - which is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away. Definitely both cities are day trip worthy. There is a lot of history in both cities. Wonderful carriage rides and historic house tours.

The resort itself has plenty of activities including a marsh walks, bird walk, and kayaking - which is super easy and fun. The beach house is about 1.5 miles away. There are activities scheduled all day long every day of the week.

There a ton of great places to eat.

Should I go on?

Another DISer said to me before I went "Disney's HHI is a special place" and that about sums it up. I have a lot of pictures from my last trip there in the TR below called "Why Not Queue Up Another Disney Trip?"

Quote:
I love all the artistic shots you got of Gaston's fountain. Very nice!
Thank you.

Quote:
Yes, Mike is definitely trying to cop a feel it looks like!
That Mike!

Quote:
Ooh I can't wait to see what your view is like!
Coming very soon.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: