Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #2926
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post

For $500 I'd want the space, full kitchen & washer & dryer in the 1BR but that's just me. Space & laundry are very important to our family, but might not be to yours. If you don't plan on using laundry, can get by with small fridge & microwave, I'd go with the studio & save the $500. It will have a bed & a pullout couch - which I wouldn't recommend for 4 people BUT your little ones are really little so they could easily share the sofa bed. Or even sleep on the couch together as is, one at each end. Wait if they're both under 3 you might need the pack-n-play. That will take up a lot of room by the sofa, bu do-able if you don't mind manuevering around it to get to the balcony. I always stress about where the kids will sleep (they're 15 & 12 & won't share a bed) & one usually ends up sleeping on the floor anyway!

Good luck whatever you decide & have fun!
Sadly neither if ours will fit in a pack n play. Our DD is about a month shy of 3 years when we go and has slept in a twin bed since she was a year and a half. Our DS will just be a little over a year and he refuses to sleep on anything but a bed, no playpen, no crib, a regular bed! It is very frustrating with both of me being so picky about sleeping arrangements.

I don't *think* laundry will be a problem but with 2 this little you just never know . I do like the idea if a large fridge though. I am planning on bringing drinks and snacks for the kids since DD is the pickiest eater EVER. We just want something relaxing for us and space for everyone to sleep comfortably. I am loving the Florida resident discounts right now and that is the only reason I am even considering a deluxe. I figured all we would be able to afford would be a value.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 03-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #2927
kmermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticsweetness View Post
There is one at the quiet pool.
Are there hot tubs at both quiet pools (BWI & BWV)?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #2928
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmermaid View Post
It's been a while since I stayed at the Villas but I don't remember a hot tub there.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 03-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #2929
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
OMG its 9.50 am and I so want one of those Margaritas, bad Mickey for tempting me , I'll be good and have a coffee instead .

Any news on the Bakery, is it going to have a seated area?
It' 5:00 somewhere and when you're on vacation, it's always 5:00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Our 1st trip without kids since our Honeymoon 1989.

1st stay at the BWI.

1st CL stay anywhere else besides the Poly.

1st time flying to WDW (we always drive) since our Honeymoon.

DH is so busy with tax season that he hardly has time to talk about our plans but is very excited!
I love all those great firsts. What kind of 'adult' things are you going to do? Sleep-in and do everything or nothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Which would be better for a family of 4 with 2 kids under 3. A studio or a one bedroom. The price difference is abut $500 for 4 nights but didn't know if it was really worth it.
and I, too vote for the one bedroom. Having your own door and washer/dryer is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niewoe View Post
It is so sweet that you and DD have been going to WDW with each other every year! I have an "only" as well (DS5) and hope that we will continue our trips as he gets older, too!!
We might need to start an 'only' thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Yeh, pretty much for that day. We took our son and eight of his friends to WDW right after graduation for a week. Being DVC members we booked a Grand Villa at OKW.
Eight friends?! Wow, you are one great Mom. How long did they stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmermaid View Post
Yes.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 03-20-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #2930
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
It' 5:00 somewhere and when you're on vacation, it's always 5:00.

I love all those great firsts. What kind of 'adult' things are you going to do? Sleep-in and do everything or nothing?

and I, too vote for the one bedroom. Having your own door and washer/dryer is great.

We might need to start an 'only' thread

Eight friends?! Wow, you are one great Mom. How long did they stay?

Yes.

Hi!!

Well we were going to do a tour but with only 5 days/4 nights not sure I want to take 5 hours out of MK day.

I know DH will want to sleep in a bit and be more relaxed (that will be hard for me &#128547but i will try to go along with it. Good thing i will have the lounge to get out the room while he rests. He says he just wants to hold my hand the whole time😍

We are looking forward to actually sitting together in the Rose and Crown Pub for a drink. Most, if not all, of our evenings will be spent in Epcot.

That's about it, i guess. He needs some stress free time so thats what i'll strive for.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #2931
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:

I know DH will want to sleep in a bit and be more relaxed (that will be hard for me ��)but i will try to go along with it. Good thing i will have the lounge to get out the room while he rests. He says he just wants to hold my hand the whole time��

We are looking forward to actually sitting together in the Rose and Crown Pub for a drink. Most, if not all, of our evenings will be spent in Epcot.
If your DH wants to sleep in find our group of ladies at BWV & hang with us! We're ages 41-63 and all met here on the DIS in the last 10 years. We've been going to WDW together 1-3x a year since 2009! We have a former CM in the group as well, and a parent of a current MK CM, so we know the ropes LOL!! We're up & out pretty early to the parks - you're welcome to join us! We did leave the 24th free as a pool day - but I know me - I will want to squeez every dime out of my AP so I'll have to get a park in that morning!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 03-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #2932
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Our 1st trip without kids since our Honeymoon 1989.

1st stay at the BWI.

1st CL stay anywhere else besides the Poly.

1st time flying to WDW (we always drive) since our Honeymoon.

DH is so busy with tax season that he hardly has time to talk about our plans but is very excited!
Quote:
I'll also be at BWV the same time you are, on a Girls Trip. Maybe we'll get to meet! I'm there 4/21-25. I just got back last night from Wl/AKV & am already dying to get back in 4 weeks.

!
april 23-29 for hubby and I! BWV, boardwalk view.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #2933
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
...Eight friends?! Wow, you are one great Mom. How long did they stay?...
WE stayed a week. We drove two cars and pulled a Uhaul for the luggage. Everyone paid for their own park admission and food other than one breakfast that we paid for at Chef Mickeys (and they all had to wear their mortarboard ears hats).

We took the master bedroom, girls upstairs, boys downstairs. Worked out pretty good. Once was enough, though.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #2934
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post

That is so exciting! Can't wait to hear about your trip.
Thanks! I will report back here!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #2935
weswife
DIS Veteran

1 room is fine for us. The other resort gave an adjoining room b/c the room only had 1 king bed. No tub is ok too. The roll in shower is the most important for DD. The transferring is done by her Dad as she does not do it herself, not enough strength. She uses a manual chair, which she can push. We are very excited to stay at BWV! I have been reading everything I can find and enjoying all the pics. The resort looks beautiful! We usually eat at Cape May and walk all around that area. It will be very nice to stay there! We plan to enjoy the resort and the pool! This site has been wonderful!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #2936
TaraPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
april 23-29 for hubby and I! BWV, boardwalk view.
Lots of us overlapping woo hoo!

Does anyone know where the map of BWV is? maybe I saw it on the DVC board. It shows where studios, 1BR & 2BR in each view catgeory are.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 03-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #2937
TaraPA

Never mind I found it a few pages back!!!!!

Old 03-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #2938
Ronald Duck
Another Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Never mind I found it a few pages back!!!!!
TaraPA: I'm looking for that map also, and I haven't found it yet...what page, please?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #2939
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Duck View Post
TaraPA: I'm looking for that map also, and I haven't found it yet...what page, please?
Here are a couple of BWV room number/view locators:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...79&postcount=1

http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=...able&tableid=6
Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #2940
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
It's been a while since I stayed at the Villas but I don't remember a hot tub there.
Sorry I stand corrected on this answer.

I'm still having a senior moment because I still can't remember where the hot tub is at the BW Villas quiet pool.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: