Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #46
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Going Home ....

It has been months since I added anything to this TR!

I just realized I forgot our departing day!

Day 9... going home

Our wake-up call came VERY early on June 22nd. Our DME bus was scheduled to leave at 6 am! I made sure to have everything ready to go the night before so the morning would be easy. I woke the kids up at 5:30. They got up easily and got ready nice and fast! My parents were up too to see us off. We packed up the last bit of our stuff like toiletries and loaded them into their van. We called for a pick up and they said he was super busy, but would get us too if we headed downstairs at that very second! So with a quick good-bye to my parents we ran downstairs. A really nice CM with an oversized golf cart was waiting for us! He had just picked up a couple from the Paddock and was able to just fit the 5 of us! He drove us up to Carriage House. The bus wasn't there yet so we sat down on the bench. Then it dawned on me... I didn't bring any diapers or wipes for the journey home! I had put them in my parents van!!! I placed a quick call to my dad and told him the situation. OMG he had to practically unpack the whole van to find the diapers! Next thing I know the DME bus pulled up and my dad wasn't there yet! Luckily the driver was slow loading people's bags! My dad drove up and ran over to the bus!!! He made it just in time!!! So we were all set for our journey home! We boarded the bus and headed off.

So it was very early mind you... and most of us on board were half asleep. Well our driver...James, was in the mood to talk. And talk he did. Non stop all the way to the airport! He told stupid jokes over and over. OMG it was so annoying!!!

We arrived at MCO and got through security very quickly. We arrived at our gate with lots of time to spare. The flight was on time which was great!! We have a history of delayed flights out of MCO. For our flight home we were seated in various rows. I sat in a middle seat with Leah on the aisle. Lauren sat in the aisle seat across from Leah. Ashley sat in the seat in front of Leah on the aisle and Darren sat on the aisle seat behind Lauren.

We made it back to PA with ease! We got into our van for our ride home. The kids were exhausted!!!

My parents enjoyed their morning at SSR and departed around 10:30. They drove to NC that day. The following day they stopped at my cousin's house in VA and spent the day with her!! On the third day we met up with them to get all of our junk!!!

Final Thoughts.....

Resort hopping three times in 9 days is nuts. It got very tiring packing and unpacking. It also was a bit expensive to tip bell services each time since we had so many bags. We tipped $20 each time!

Hands down the best part of DVC is sharing it with family. We loved spending time with my parents and my brother.

June was a huge surprise. The weather was PERFECT and there were no crowds! It was pleasant a surprise!!

The END!!!

Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #47
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR. It's so nice to read something so positive about a family that obviously loves each other! You are blessed! Thanks for sharing.
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; SSR & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2015:
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #48
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed reading your trip report! We are not going back until November. I have found in the meantime reading about other people's trips has helped me a lot! Love hearing about different experiences. My youngest (12) has been asking to go to a waterpark, but it never seems hot enough when we are there. Your girls looked like they enjoyed their time there, so that encourages me to take a chance on it with our son if it is close to warm enough!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #49
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Great report! Thanks for sharing we are going to Disney this June pretty much the same exact days that you were there last year!!! Praying that the weather and crowds are just as great this year. We also live right outside of Philly too! We usually fly air tran too from PHL. Flew spirit out of AC last year for the first time. Wasn't too bad, but after sitting on a plane for over 2 hours having to make the 1 and 1/2 car ride home wasn't fun.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #50
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBea View Post
I just found your TR. It's so nice to read something so positive about a family that obviously loves each other! You are blessed! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much for reading along!! We are very lucky to have such wonderful children!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
Enjoyed reading your trip report! We are not going back until November. I have found in the meantime reading about other people's trips has helped me a lot! Love hearing about different experiences. My youngest (12) has been asking to go to a waterpark, but it never seems hot enough when we are there. Your girls looked like they enjoyed their time there, so that encourages me to take a chance on it with our son if it is close to warm enough!
I asked the girls which waterpark they like better and they both said Typhoon Lagoon. They thought the wave pool and slides were way better so maybe take him there if it's hot enough!

Thanks so much for reading our TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Great report! Thanks for sharing we are going to Disney this June pretty much the same exact days that you were there last year!!! Praying that the weather and crowds are just as great this year. We also live right outside of Philly too! We usually fly air tran too from PHL. Flew spirit out of AC last year for the first time. Wasn't too bad, but after sitting on a plane for over 2 hours having to make the 1 and 1/2 car ride home wasn't fun.
Hey Neighbor!!! We must be willing to drive forever for a cheap flight lol. This June we are flying out of Washington D.C. $86 couldn't be beat! We booked through Southwest.com , but it's acutally an AirTran flight. So we get free checked bags, but can't choose our seats. We'll see how it goes! This summer we'll be visiting June 18 - 23.. What are your dates? I am also hoping for a repeat of the weather. It was AMAZING last June! Thanks so much for reading our TR!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 03-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #51
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy

Thanks so much for reading along!! We are very lucky to have such wonderful children!!

I asked the girls which waterpark they like better and they both said Typhoon Lagoon. They thought the wave pool and slides were way better so maybe take him there if it's hot enough!

Thanks so much for reading our TR!

Hey Neighbor!!! We must be willing to drive forever for a cheap flight lol. This June we are flying out of Washington D.C. $86 couldn't be beat! We booked through Southwest.com , but it's acutally an AirTran flight. So we get free checked bags, but can't choose our seats. We'll see how it goes! This summer we'll be visiting June 18 - 23.. What are your dates? I am also hoping for a repeat of the weather. It was AMAZING last June! Thanks so much for reading our TR!
Hey!!! $86 darn!!! That's cheap and no bag fees! Ugh!!! We are flying air tran from Philly for $137 each way . Hoping the price comes down so that I can get a credit issued and us that to cover my bag fees and possibly upgrade to business class at check in! :0). We'll be there the same time!! June 13th to the 21st!! Staying at AKV Kidani. How about you? Praying for good weather and for June to hurry up and get here!! Lol
Old 03-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #52
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom

Hey!!! $86 darn!!! That's cheap and no bag fees! Ugh!!! We are flying air tran from Philly for $137 each way . Hoping the price comes down so that I can get a credit issued and us that to cover my bag fees and possibly upgrade to business class at check in! :0). We'll be there the same time!! June 13th to the 21st!! Staying at AKV Kidani. How about you? Praying for good weather and for June to hurry up and get here!! Lol

$137 is a decent price for the convenience of flying from Philly! I keep checking for a good price. ..if I find one I'm going to book it. The rates for hotels near DCA are sooo high for the night of 6/17.

We will be at kidani too!! 6/18-6/21 then over to beach club for the weekend! Will you guys be spending time at the kidani pool? We should meet up!
DVC Members since 2008

Old 03-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #53
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy

$137 is a decent price for the convenience of flying from Philly! I keep checking for a good price. ..if I find one I'm going to book it. The rates for hotels near DCA are sooo high for the night of 6/17.

We will be at kidani too!! 6/18-6/21 then over to beach club for the weekend! Will you guys be spending time at the kidani pool? We should meet up!
Yeah not bad at all I live 5 minutes from the airport so it's very convenient for me . I have paid less though. When we went in Dec I think I paid $89 each way. Really can't beat that price. . Yes definitely plan to spend our afternoon breaks from the parks at the pool each day. Can't wait!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: