Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #1081
HARASW
DisneyWorld Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
This is a very dumb question but I'm a newbie. What's a signature?
We were all "newbies" once! Sorry I didn't see your post till now. I see you did receive some replies. Have fun designing your signature!
11/86 -Honeymoon-Off Property, 7/97-GF RPC, 7/98, 7/99, 7/00, 7/01, 7/02, 7/03, 7/04, 1/05 -GF SLC, 7/06, 7/07, 7/08 -WL CL,12/08 -BWI CL, 8/09-GF RPC, 7/10 - POLY CL, 5/11-BWI CL, 12/11-BWI CL, 6/12-BWI CL 10/12-BWI CL, 1/13-BWI CL, 8/13-BWI CL, 12/13-BWI CL, 6/14-BWI CL

Old 03-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #1082
HARASW
DisneyWorld Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
I'm in NJ and one of the local weathermen was saying that spring weather is going to be off by about 3 weeks. So I guess that means we have a few more weeks of yucky weather to look forward too. Too bad I didn't go ahead and book an April trip.
Yes, that's what it looks like
11/86 -Honeymoon-Off Property, 7/97-GF RPC, 7/98, 7/99, 7/00, 7/01, 7/02, 7/03, 7/04, 1/05 -GF SLC, 7/06, 7/07, 7/08 -WL CL,12/08 -BWI CL, 8/09-GF RPC, 7/10 - POLY CL, 5/11-BWI CL, 12/11-BWI CL, 6/12-BWI CL 10/12-BWI CL, 1/13-BWI CL, 8/13-BWI CL, 12/13-BWI CL, 6/14-BWI CL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #1083
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Enjoying a lobster and shrimp roll right now. But it's a little chilly for swimming. I'm sure the girls will love it anyway.
That sounds so relaxing and yummy. Enjoy your trip! Hope it warms up for you.

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 03-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #1084
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyMouse

Only 80 days until I am at my Happy Place again! People at work make fun of me for always knowing how many days until I am at WDW. Anyone get that same reaction? That is why I hang out here....with people who understand and can be happy for me!!
People make fun of my Disney obsession too! They don't know what a great place they're missing out on!

Where are you from in Ohio? I'm from Toledo!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 03-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #1085
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Since many of us reading this board will have trips coming up soon, the question of how to pack for a Disney vacation comes up. Since there are so many different ways that this question can be answered I thought I would describe the process rather than go into specifics.

I think there is a whole process that one goes through when packing for a Disney trip. If you are even asking this question ahead of time you fall into the "Careful Planner" packing type as opposed to the "We can buy clean underwear down there" packing type.

The first stage as a "Careful Planner" is "OMG I'm going to WDW what do I need to take with me!"

This is the stage where you start to compile lists of recommended items that you may need. These lists come from many sources and some of the best obsessive compulsive packing authorities are represented here.

The second stage is one that I refer to as the "Gathering stage". There is a place in your house and you start to gather the things that someone else has told you you need. Things like ear muffs- in case it gets cold but you are going in May and 2 liter personal misting fans for each member of your group start to appear in this area. You have the dollar store Disney autograph books, the 3 different types of bug repellent, travel games for the kids, ear plugs for the parents, giant floppy sun hats, one for each person, 2 for the bald people and a pack of coffee filters even though you're not quite sure what a Pod coffee maker is.

The third stage is that you put all of this in a suitcase and realize that you have no room for your clothes. This is the stage I refer to as "DENIAL".

The fourth stage is the "Rationalization stage". You start removing the recommended items and replacing them with things like underwear and pants. Everyone will have to share the sole remaining 2 liter misting fan that you think you can't live without and the bald people are on their own because their hats no longer fit in the luggage.

The fifth stage is one that I refer to as the "Hernia stage". This is where you weigh the luggage and are truly convinced that your scale is broken when you discover your luggage weighs 80 pounds per suitcase. More stuff is removed from the luggage and decrees are issued stating that everybody gets two sets of underwear for the trip so they better not fart.

Depending upon how you travel you might experience the "Horror stage" This stage is realized when you discover you've booked with an airline that charges $50 dollars PER CHECKED BAG and $25 for EACH carry on. Plans are made where each family member will wear as many layers as possible on the plane and warnings are issued that going commando is imminent.

The seventh stage is the "Realization stage". This stage occurs when you are on vacation and you realize that you really didn't need the two liter misting fan because no one wants to carry it around and those 2 pairs of underwear worked out just fine because you can do laundry when you are at the pool.

There are some people who still must pack as if they were moving permanently and other people who pack so lightly that they are wearing the same t-shirt in every vacation picture (Dee I'm looking at YOU!).

In any case the Beach Club Market Place has a great selection of items (excluding underwear!) that will cover some of the gaps you may experience in your packing efforts. PixarMom has done a WONDERFUL job keeping us informed as to the offerings in the Beach Club Market place. Use this link to get to her PICTURE FILLED thread showing you just what can be found there. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564

The savvy guest also knows that when you don't see it out, it really pays to ask the CM's if they have it somewhere out of sight. I recently read on another thread that some resort shops keep distilled water on hand for use in those breathing machines for the night snorers. I've also read that sometimes the resort has a (very limited) collection of phone chargers that you can borrow in case you forgot yours. In any case the tip here is to ask if there is something that you've discovered you need but have failed to pack.

Good luck with your packing and remember to put some thought into packing what you're sure you'll need, not so much what you MIGHT need.

~NM
Ninja mom, youre a riot! This is one of the few reasons that I like to drive as I'm a total over packer & a big shopper a Disney (lol)! It's a long drive from Ohio but our car is packed to the gills! DH hates planes, he had tube in he ears as a child & has hard time on planes.

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 03-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #1086
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Tutorials

Just wanted to let you all know, especially some of you who are new to the DIS- I have a few "tutorials" up on Page 1, in the Other Useful Info Post.

I have instructions explaining how to multiquote replies, make a ticker and post a photo. Also how to hyperlink, but I won't include that here.

I'll post them here, for those of you who may be wondering...

How do I...

Multi-quote more than one post?
There are 3 buttons on the bottom right corner of every post. The normal Quote button, the Multi Quote button ("+) and the Quick Reply button (scroll and quill). Click the middle Multi Quote button ("+) on all of the posts you want to quote. The buttons will backlight red when you select it. When you have selected all of the posts, go to the bottom of the page and click on the POST REPLY button. You will be taken to a Dialog box where all of the posts will be quoted, ready for your answers.

Make a ticker?

Post a Photo on the DIS?
sub-lesson: Upload all of your pictures into Photobucket in Large, not Full-size, format
Note- March 2013: This feature is not currently working on the Photobucket Beta version. All photos are loading in a large format. Resizing of pictures must be done individually. ARGH!!!!
ETA: March 15- this feature was added to the Beta version
Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #1087
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
Just wanted to let you all know, especially some of you who are new to the DIS- I have a few "tutorials" up on Page 1, in the Other Useful Info Post.

I have instructions explaining how to multiquote replies, make a ticker and post a photo. Also how to hyperlink, but I won't include that here.

How do I...

There are 3 buttons on the bottom right corner of every post. The normal Quote button, the Multi Quote button ("+) and the Quick Reply button (scroll and quill). Click the middle Multi Quote button ("+) on all of the posts you want to quote. The buttons will backlight red when you select it. When you have selected all of the posts, go to the bottom of the page and click on the POST REPLY button. You will be taken to a Dialog box where all of the posts will be quoted, ready for your answers.

Make a ticker?

Post a Photo on the DIS?
sub-lesson: Upload all of your pictures into Photobucket in Large, not Full-size, format
Note- March 2013: This feature is not currently working on the Photobucket Beta version. All photos are loading in a large format. Resizing of pictures must be done individually. ARGH!!!!
Thank you for all the info! It is so helpful!
I also wanted to share an iPhone app I use.... Is called "countdown to my next WDW vacation"
I think it costs $.99 and you can customize it to the dates of your vacation.... You can even choose a random team and new pictures will pop up every day Of Disney World. It send me an alert every morning tell me how many days till our next vacation! The number of days!! is also on the home screen of my iPhone
Old 03-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #1088
suetoo
Mouseketeer

**theme not team.. Autocorrect!!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #1089
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

It is all that "stuff" someone has at the bottom of their posts, like pictures, dates, etc. You can add information to your signature by editing your profile. Here is a good thread to start off with for understanding the features here:

>>FAQ's**FAQ'S** FAQ's<< incl. POSTING PHOTOS and FINDING YOUR POSTS
Thanks!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #1090
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

How do I...

Make a ticker?

Post a Photo on the DIS?
Ok I think I figured it out, of course it would be impossible on my iPhone and that's normally what I use to surf the board.

Quote:
I will be pool-side at SAB in about 8 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARASW View Post
Sorry! Though you're in a different part of NY than I am so who knows????
Let's hope they're wrong!!
DH warmer weather isn't in our sight just yet. This is the first time snow has stuck around more than 24hours. Oh I can't wait until May!!

Old 03-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #1091
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

Love the new board... We're down to 26 days to the Beach Club and as I'm watching the crappy weather outside I can hardly wait!!!

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
Old 03-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #1092
tpoo
Earning My Ears

So excited so exited so excited!!!! As sad as I am that someone else had to cancel or reschedule, I am so excited that the Deluxe CL room opened up and we don't have to do a split stay!!!! 16days!!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #1093
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Enjoying a lobster and shrimp roll right now. But it's a little chilly for swimming. I'm sure the girls will love it anyway.
Yum.. I can't wait to try that lobster roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoo View Post
So excited so exited so excited!!!! As sad as I am that someone else had to cancel or reschedule, I am so excited that the Deluxe CL room opened up and we don't have to do a split stay!!!! 16days!!!!
Sounds like so much fun

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 03-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #1094
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Settling down now after an exhausting travel day. Up at 4am (actually, I woke up at 1:30am and never got back to sleep), and we are beat.

Nice day at SAB, though, even without the sun.

Someone asked about the life jackets. Here you go...

and if there's any question about the safes in BCV... that's an ipad and a 13" ultra-portable laptop... using a key rather than an electronic combo (rather annoying).

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #1095
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

SNIP!!! ....and if there's any question about the safes in BCV... that's an ipad and a 13" ultra-portable laptop... using a key rather than an electronic combo (rather annoying).
I do believe that the safes are different sizes. Although we don't have pictures from our December 2012 Club Level room our room safe was much smaller.

HAVE a GREAT trip!!!!

GO BIGAWL!!

~NM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: