Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #571
Waddler
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I've booked a BLT theme park view for next month. We're so excited! I've really enjoyed following this thread, and I have one question (sorry if it's already been asked!):

I've heard that construction on the MK bus depot is starting soon. Can anyone offer speculation on how this might affect our view? From photos, it looks like the proposed expansion will be almost out of sight, but it's kind of hard to tell. (And while we're at it, does the GF or Mine Train construction draw your attention?)

I'm obviously not going to make any reservation changes at this point or get upset... I'm just curious. For my group, sitting on the balcony, drinking wine, and watching bulldozers may actually be fun.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #572
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie78
Hello again CR gurus! I have a question about breakfast timing. I'd like to eat at the Wave before walking over to MK for RD (no EMH, 9am opening). It looks like they open at 7:30 - that should be more than enough time for a non-rushed breakfast before walking over, right? When should I plan to leave the CR to make it to RD in time to see the show? We don't care about jockeying for position for ETWB, just want to see the show.
And where exactly IS the Wave? I'll be coming over from BLT.
If you want to make sure you see the welcome show I would leave by 8:30. Sometimes it can take a few minutes to get through the bag check early in the morning.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #573
*Michele*
Mouseketeer

Excellent thread! Thanks so much to WDWKOOK and all that have contributed!!

We'll be staying at the Contemporary in June. Our first time in a hotel in a few years (We love FW!!) and our first deluxe! (Thank you Military discount!) So very excited! 11th floor, Bay Lake View.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #574
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie78 View Post
Hello again CR gurus! I have a question about breakfast timing. I'd like to eat at the Wave before walking over to MK for RD (no EMH, 9am opening). It looks like they open at 7:30 - that should be more than enough time for a non-rushed breakfast before walking over, right? When should I plan to leave the CR to make it to RD in time to see the show? We don't care about jockeying for position for ETWB, just want to see the show.
And where exactly IS the Wave? I'll be coming over from BLT.
It is a 15 minute walk at best, and that is walking slowly. The only problem with waiting until the last minute is that you will be at the end of the herd gathered there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddler View Post
Hi everyone! I've booked a BLT theme park view for next month. We're so excited! I've really enjoyed following this thread, and I have one question (sorry if it's already been asked!):

I've heard that construction on the MK bus depot is starting soon. Can anyone offer speculation on how this might affect our view? From photos, it looks like the proposed expansion will be almost out of sight, but it's kind of hard to tell. (And while we're at it, does the GF or Mine Train construction draw your attention?)

I'm obviously not going to make any reservation changes at this point or get upset... I'm just curious. For my group, sitting on the balcony, drinking wine, and watching bulldozers may actually be fun.
It shouldn't. The MK depot is behind the road. Assuming they had to use a 5 story crane, then it would still be behind the depot. I think the majority of the MK views don't have the bus depot in the line of sight.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #575
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

when's the best time to stay here?

Is it best to stay at CR when DS is 4 months old or a toddler??? More than likely return trips will not be at a monorail resort. I see the advantage of staying here when DS is older so you are not risking waking up during bus trips if he's sleeping? But with a baby he will be sleeping so much more... Obviously we could go at 4 months this fall, and then maybe again... But that is less likely... Also for the 4 month trip we would be CL which I think would have some advantages as well. Decisions decisions, what to do.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #576
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

I'm all of a sudden confused- no surprise!- are all of the contemporarty rooms (tower and garden wing) being refurbished with the "egg" pillows and such, or just concierge? Thanks!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 03-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #577
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
But they will be charged adult dining prices at age 10.
And to think I thought the Jungle Cruise Captain was the perfect sitter for our kid. Guess we'll just have to go with her - no we won't - she's 14 now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 267 View Post
I'm staying in tower MK view in August and have requested a higher floor. I'm going with 17,16,2 and infant should I request a room away CM could anyone else suggest any other requests we should ask for? Thanks in advance!
to the DIS and the CR thread! Some like to request an odd numbered room so that they will face toward MK when sitting in bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddler View Post

The bolded would make a great tag

Here is the bus depot schematic from the Disney Parks Blog:

I was unable to find a start date as plans were just filed with the water district in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Michele* View Post
Excellent thread! Thanks so much to WDWKOOK and all that have contributed!!

We'll be staying at the Contemporary in June. Our first time in a hotel in a few years (We love FW!!) and our first deluxe! (Thank you Military discount!) So very excited! 11th floor, Bay Lake View.
and I'm glad you like YOUR thread. Isn't the 40% off wonderful? I've really gotten used to it and wouldn't know what to do without it. You mentioned the 11th floor - is that your request? The Bay Lake View is our favorite - you're going to love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
Is it best to stay at CR when DS is 4 months old or a toddler??? More than likely return trips will not be at a monorail resort. I see the advantage of staying here when DS is older so you are not risking waking up during bus trips if he's sleeping? But with a baby he will be sleeping so much more... Obviously we could go at 4 months this fall, and then maybe again... But that is less likely... Also for the 4 month trip we would be CL which I think would have some advantages as well. Decisions decisions, what to do.
The main factor I would take into consideration with a baby is the fact that you'll be schlepping a stroller everywhere. I think that CR/BLT is the most stroller friendly resort, unless of course you plan on spending most of your time at Epcot, then an Epcot resort or even the Poly, where you can walk to the TTC, is more convenient.

When DS is older, but still napping, he might still be using a stroller, and I would still encourage staying at the CR/BLT, unless you know he won't be using a stroller at all. If he will be walking, he will get tired easily and you'll need to be prepared for some breakdowns and/or having to carry him back to the CR. Of course, you could take the monorail, but often it's much quicker to just walk, but it's not so much fun with a tired toddler who isn't in a stroller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
I'm all of a sudden confused- no surprise!- are all of the contemporarty rooms (tower and garden wing) being refurbished with the "egg" pillows and such, or just concierge? Thanks!
Yeah, we're never confused here on the DIS. Yes, ALL of the rooms and suites are getting a soft rehab. Disney Resorts usually start rehabs from the top down and usually CL is at the top, so is rehabbed first. In the case of the Poly, even though they are longhouses, they started (and just completed) the Hawaii (CL) longhouse rehab first.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #578
RunningWithScissors
Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

to the DIS and the CR thread! Some like to request an odd numbered room so that they will face toward MK when sitting in bed.

I am confused. Looking at the diagram on the DVC thread for BLT it appears that the EVEN numbered rooms face the MK. We have theme park view in 3 days and requested a XX20 room.

EDIT to add: perhaps the original poster was referring to the Contemporary and not BLT?
Old 03-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #579
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yeah, we're never confused here on the DIS. Yes, ALL of the rooms and suites are getting a soft rehab. Disney Resorts usually start rehabs from the top down and usually CL is at the top, so is rehabbed first. In the case of the Poly, even though they are longhouses, they started (and just completed) the Hawaii (CL) longhouse rehab first.
Thanks, WDWKOOK! We are staying in the garden wing 8/21-8/25. Do we have a completion date for the refurbs? Thanks again for all your time!!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 03-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #580
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post
I am confused. Looking at the diagram on the DVC thread for BLT it appears that the EVEN numbered rooms face the MK. We have theme park view in 3 days and requested a XX20 room.

EDIT to add: perhaps the original poster was referring to the Contemporary and not BLT?
Yes, the poster I was responding to mentioned having booked a Tower MKV. Acronyms, etc... can get confusing sometimes as Tower refers to the CR Tower (as opposed to the Garden Wing) and not BLT which is Bay Lake Tower.

It's almost time for your trip!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #581
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Thanks, WDWKOOK! We are staying in the garden wing 8/21-8/25. Do we have a completion date for the refurbs? Thanks again for all your time!!
You're welcome and the official rehab completion is two days from today - 22 March!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #582
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
It is best to stay there all the time!!!!! We never did a stroller there, but really wish we had. But, having a 2,3,4 year old sleeping on you on a long bus ride back to a value resort on a super crowded bus is not a pleasant experience. Good luck in your decision.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #583
RunningWithScissors
Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

Quote:
Yes, the poster I was responding to mentioned having booked a Tower MKV. Acronyms, etc... can get confusing sometimes as Tower refers to the CR Tower (as opposed to the Garden Wing) and not BLT which is Bay Lake Tower.

It's almost time for your trip!!!
It doesn't help that I have 2 tabs open for different DIS Board threads! haha! When I booked this trip back in July, it seemed like FOREVER away and now we are almost to our "2 days until..." So excited and can't wait to arrive!!

Again, this thread is amazing and so full of information. Thank you x100000000000!!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #584
mommylovespoly
Earning My Ears

Questions for our April 7 Trip to BLT

We are super excited about our trip-- really soon now-- and we have a few last minute questions.

Seems like I have seen on this thread both regular coffeemakers and Keurigs in the one bedroom villas. Anyone who has been there very recently who can report definitively?

Any glitches with the pay as you play housekeeping to report? Is it as simple as calling housekeeping for towels and they bring them (and charge the room $6?)

Is there space in the one bedroom to maneuver an ECV into the bedroom, or should we make a special request for that?

Can anyone at the hotel turn our tickets into RFID KTTW cards? We did not get a package, but did get the tickets from Disney. Where can they do that-- concierge? Front desk?

And, once and for all: are we better off checking in at BLT or the Contemporary? We are taking ME and we will have a grocery delivery from Disney Personal Shopper and rental ECV and stroller being delivered check in day-- where it the best place to check in and collect that stuff? We have done our online checking.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #585
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
It is best to stay there all the time!!!!! We never did a stroller there, but really wish we had. But, having a 2,3,4 year old sleeping on you on a long bus ride back to a value resort on a super crowded bus is not a pleasant experience. Good luck in your decision.
TOTALLY AGREE! DO BOTH! I went when DS was 7 months last September and we'll be going again this September. Monorail is the only way to go and I can't pass up the walk and decor of the contemporary. I do look forward to the Poly again some day....but for now, seems to be the best of all worlds for us. SOOOO easy. But be forewarned, we are doing BLT and it is hard to give up the villas once you start!

Once we don't have the double stroller, we'll probably jump over to WL for a bit, then a journey over to the Epcot resorts. Can you tell I've been thinking about this? Disney will be an annual event for my kids as long as they love it...just like my wonderful grandparents and mom did for us! SOOOOO many happy memories!

Good luck with your decision. At 4 mos, there really isn't a bad decision. They sleep when they feel like it if it is stroller or hotel, etc. It gets harder when they get older and need a bed an quiet. So stay where YOU like this time because pretty soon, you'll be all about location!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: