Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #16
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

We've been on the Magic, Wonder, and Dream (Fantasy in 5 weeks). The Wonder is my favorite of the ships.

Clint
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #17
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

To me, if they can transplant the attitude/service standard of the Wonder to the Dream, it would be perfect. Because the service/food on the Dream was a bit lacking (both times we sailed on her), I personally prefer the Wonder.

I haven't been on the Fantasy, but my family members tell me that its even better (features wise) than the Dream. They thought the food on the classic ships was better, but liked the Fantasy more overall.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #18
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Good info, thanks again.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
iambrink
Mouseketeer

I have only been on the Dream and have the Fantasy and Dream booked for future cruises. I can't bring myself to try the Wonder and Magic after being on the Dream. I would miss the Aquaduct, adult area, kids clubs, and trying the new concierge area. If I had sailed the Wonder or Magic first, I may be singing a different tune!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #20
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
My rankings...
1. Magic
2. Fantasy
3. Wonder
4. Dream
That's my same ranking

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #21
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
To me, if they can transplant the attitude/service standard of the Wonder to the Dream, it would be perfect. Because the service/food on the Dream was a bit lacking (both times we sailed on her), I personally prefer the Wonder.

I haven't been on the Fantasy, but my family members tell me that its even better (features wise) than the Dream. They thought the food on the classic ships was better, but liked the Fantasy more overall.
We have been on all 4 of the ships. Our most recent experience was on a b-to-b on the Dream (couldn't handle the idea of getting off after only 3 or 4 days). I have to say, we met some of the best CMs on that ship (Alex in Merchandise, Dan in Entertainment, and tall Kadir in Beverages, specifically). And the food was some of the best Disney cruise food we've had (the worst being on our May Hawaiian cruise last year...OMG!). As for favorites, it's hard to say. The Magic feels like home, but I do love the adult areas on the Fantasy and Dream, despite the tiny adult pool. I don't think you can go wrong w/any of them. That said, I do think the newer ships are better for kid play areas too.

BoosGram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #22
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacruiser View Post
Have been on 4 ships. Our favorite is probably the Magic. Been on there 5 times so far. But I am hoping they upgrade some things on the Magic. They despreately need new beds. I would also like them to upgrade the TV system like that of the Dream and Fantasy.

My Order of Preference:

1. Magic
2. Dream
3. Fantasy
4. Wonder

And yes, I cruise on any of these ships is better than sitting at home!
Why do you prefer the Dream over the Fantasy?
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:36 AM   #23
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosGram View Post

We have been on all 4 of the ships. Our most recent experience was on a b-to-b on the Dream (couldn't handle the idea of getting off after only 3 or 4 days). I have to say, we met some of the best CMs on that ship (Alex in Merchandise.
Do you mean AleC versus AleX?? If so, he was on the Magic in Oct 2011 - we loved him!!! Talked to him everyday and some at great lengths We went on the Dream in Feb 2012, but he wasn't there....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: