Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Castaway club discount and obc

Hello. We have just become silver members of castaway club. Does anyone know if you can get the 10% discount and the 100 dollars obc when booking a cruise when not onboard the ship? What discount do you get and obc if any if booking basically when not onboard? We have a cruise in October but I wanted to book a cruise for next year to get the cabin we wanted before that. Tia
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
tweis
DIS Veteran
 
tweis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Hello. We have just become silver members of castaway club. Does anyone know if you can get the 10% discount and the 100 dollars obc when booking a cruise when not onboard the ship? What discount do you get and obc if any if booking basically when not onboard? We have a cruise in October but I wanted to book a cruise for next year to get the cabin we wanted before that. Tia
You do not get a discount or OBC for cruises not booked on board unless they are having a promotion. In order to get the discount and OBC you have to book onboard.
__________________
4 NIGHT MAGIC 2014 The Magic is better than the Dream.....I'll be the judge of that!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3272639
5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
lanejudy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,882
DISboards Moderator

No, the only way to get the 10% discount and related OBC (and lower deposit) is to book while onboard. Once you leave the ship that opportunity is lost.

Other special deals or discounts may become available - you just have to watch for them. *GT rates, Kids Sail Free, Military Discounts, FL resident discounts, etc. Nothing special for being Silver CC, though.

You can get OBC by booking through a TA that offers one; there's also a small ($50?) OBC offered if you pay the full cruise fare using a Disney Visa. Again, no special OBC for being Silver CC, though.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post

You do not get a discount or OBC for cruises not booked on board unless they are having a promotion. In order to get the discount and OBC you have to book onboard.
Thank you.
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
KingRichard
DIS Veteran
 
KingRichard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Hello. We have just become silver members of castaway club. Does anyone know if you can get the 10% discount and the 100 dollars obc when booking a cruise when not onboard the ship? What discount do you get and obc if any if booking basically when not onboard? We have a cruise in October but I wanted to book a cruise for next year to get the cabin we wanted before that. Tia
As posted you don't get a discount, but book the room you want now and then re-shop that cruise when you are on the ship. Unless it is a holiday cruise or school/summer vacation it should be cheaper after discount.
__________________


GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder, Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
No, the only way to get the 10% discount and related OBC (and lower deposit) is to book while onboard. Once you leave the ship that opportunity is lost.

Other special deals or discounts may become available - you just have to watch for them. *GT rates, Kids Sail Free, Military Discounts, FL resident discounts, etc. Nothing special for being Silver CC, though.

You can get OBC by booking through a TA that offers one; there's also a small ($50?) OBC offered if you pay the full cruise fare using a Disney Visa. Again, no special OBC for being Silver CC, though.
Thanks. Might have to risk waiting till onboard then!
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
lanejudy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,882
DISboards Moderator

One thing you could do is book now, and then "re-shop" that cruise when onboard in October. If the fare hasn't increased enough, you can then get the discount and OBC. And if the fare has increased, you'll have the better deal already reserved.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #8
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post

As posted you don't get a discount, but book the room you want now and then re-shop that cruise when you are on the ship. Unless it is a holiday cruise or school/summer vacation it should be cheaper after discount.
Good idea! Then the obc and 10% will be applied? Can you transfer the deposit?
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
lanejudy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,882
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Good idea! Then the obc and 10% will be applied? Can you transfer the deposit?
I don't think they'll transfer the deposit so you'll need to be prepared to make a new one. But if you use a travel agent just ask that person to "reconcile" the 2 reservations (old and new) so you can keep the same stateroom with the OBB.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer
 
mrssmiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Posts: 425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Good idea! Then the obc and 10% will be applied? Can you transfer the deposit?
I am pretty sure I was told the deposit you have already paid would apply. I think they even told me if you paid the standard 20% deposit, you could get 10% back, because when you book on-board, you only need to pay 10%. I could be wrong though, I haven't actually done this yet. I might be doing it in October though, because I've already booked another one for May 2014.
__________________


Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmiddy View Post

I am pretty sure I was told the deposit you have already paid would apply. I think they even told me if you paid the standard 20% deposit, you could get 10% back, because when you book on-board, you only need to pay 10%. I could be wrong though, I haven't actually done this yet. I might be doing it in October though, because I've already booked another one for May 2014.
Thanks. Yes I had my eye on exactly that! may 2014. Hope they let you! Thanks for your help :-)
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #12
tink,too
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,731

I "re-shopped" our cruise for this year when we were on the Fantasy last year. The cost was cheaper, due to the 10% discount and of course we'll now get OBC.

We got our original deposit refunded and had to pay our new deposit onboard (which was lower than we had originally paid). I did ask if we could just transfer the money we had already paid, but was told this was not possible.
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #13
Postal68
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 715

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
No, the only way to get the 10% discount and related OBC (and lower deposit) is to book while onboard. Once you leave the ship that opportunity is lost.
Not necessarily true. We didn't book onboard and soon after the cruise ( a month or so) we received a postcard offer from Disney with the same offer as booking on board.
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #14
Justacruiser
Military Veteran
 
Justacruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
Not necessarily true. We didn't book onboard and soon after the cruise ( a month or so) we received a postcard offer from Disney with the same offer as booking on board.
Have done 12 DCL cruises and have never recieved such postcard in the mail. I have heard it is a little delayed pixie-dust.
__________________
Total: 21 DCL Cruises / Total Nights on Board: 112 / Favorite Ship: Magic

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-6, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 8, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(22) 7 Night Southern Caribbean - Magic 2014
(23) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #15
tweis
DIS Veteran
 
tweis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacruiser View Post
Have done 12 DCL cruises and have never recieved such postcard in the mail. I have heard it is a little delayed pixie-dust.
We received the mail offer after our first cruise but it wasn't exactly the same as OBB. I think it was just the 10% off not the reduced deposit or OBC. Also, the offer was for a very short amount of time. But I do remember that it was not as "good" an offer as OBB.

I guess I should edit to say that "our" offer wasn't the same as OBB.
__________________
4 NIGHT MAGIC 2014 The Magic is better than the Dream.....I'll be the judge of that!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3272639
5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.