Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
TeamTilson
O'hana

From VA to WA! Future West Coaster!

Hi!

I loved having the DIS boards as a place to go and geek out when planning our family trip to WDW last year. I'm so glad we went "BIG" with our Orlando trip. Little did we know, our lives would drastically change over the course of a few months and that was probably our last trip for a LONG time.

My DH is taking a wonderful job oppoturnity with amazon in Seattle! This Asian Southern Belle is relocating from everything she's familiar with in Richmond and the East Coast and starting a new chapter with the TeamTilsons in the PNW. AND WE COULDN'T BE MORE STOKED!

Just wanted to introduce myself and get some pixiedust and advice for relocating to an area I am NOT familiar with! We're doing an acclimation trip in May and moving in June. I'm trusting DH's faith and just letting him lead us in the right direction! We're looking at the Bellevue area since we have a DS (12) and DD (11) and want a good community with good schools.

So... hey ya'll. I hope to make a DL trip REAL soon!

From VA to WA! Moving from the East Coast to the West Coast (Richmond to Seattle) in June 2013!
TeamTilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
OrcaPorkka
Earning My Ears

Seattle is awesome. My DH is at Microsoft and we've been here since 99. Feel free to PM me with any questions!
OrcaPorkka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
emij
Mouseketeer

I have lived in VA and WA and loved both states, so I hope you do too! Seattle is an amazing city - so polite, it's very interesting to watch people interactions with the extra politeness coming out lol. I grew up in NV so I didn't love all the rain there, but oh it is beautiful in the sun! Good luck!
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Judy from Boise
Watch out – might take away your birthday
Not superfluous in the least!
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

I love the PNW, hope you will too !
Judy from Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:29 AM   #5
AZlady
DIS Veteran

I was raised in Oregon, not quite the same, but the Pacific Northwest has great people (like PP stated).
Some advise learn how to recycle correctly. It's not just about newspaper & milk cartons. You will be amazed at what they recycle.
Enjoy your new adventure!!
When friends want to get you a going away gift -ask for an umbrella.

Ps... As you may notice my login is AZlady. I have lived in Arizona for 15 yrs now and love it, but still miss the green of the Pacific NW.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
caligirl stuck in va
Mouseketeer

Love Love Love Seattle! That's where we were living right before we moved to Virginia a billion years ago. I would totally go back. Bellevue is a nice area - we lived south of there but went there often to shop/eat/theater(pre-kids) and sometimes for work. I haven't been there in years, but I'm sure it's still a nice area.

We felt a bit of culture shock when we moved to the East Coast. We even used to refer to the West Coast as "Western Civilization." It's just a completely different world. You will love it (I say, because I do), but you will more than likely think that things are rather different.

ENJOY - what an adventure!

Disneyland 1975 - First Trip
Disneyland 1987 - DLR suites
Disneyland Family Reunion 2007 - Park Vue
Disneyland Family Reunion 2008 - Park Vue

"mommy, when can we go back to Disneyland? can we go right now?!"
caligirl stuck in va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
CandyMakin2002
Earning My Ears

I live in Portland Oregon, it's different than Seattle but not much. Seattle rains a lot more than Portland but keep in mind it's not as bad as people from the East coast will tell you. I lived in Charlotte, NC for 5 years, it rains there more than here. I think you will love it! I was relieved when I moved back here, NC was too Conservative for me... I was raised on the Oregon coast by a bunch of liberal hippies... My uncles are loggers And my daddy is a fisherman. That is how it goes out here. Learn how to take life as it comes, get a laid back attitude, get a passion for reading, coffee, and jogging. Learn to embrace the rain, take a couple trips to Portland, you will LOVE IT! And yes, please learn how to recycle! The locals will love you for it! I'm excited for you! I'm also available to answer any questions about the PAC West, or to be a Portland Tour guide anytime, I
Love showing off my city!! ;-) Welcome, ahead of time!
CandyMakin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
BCmomma
Mouseketeer

Hope your move goes smoothly! We live 3 hours north of Seattle in Vancouver BC (hello from across the border!) and it's much like Seattle (we are crazy about recycling too LOL) in climate, etc. You will love living on the West Coast and in particular, the PNW, there's nothing like it
2006 - DL/DCA
2013 - DL/DCA

Future trips:
2014 - Aulani resort Hawaii (10th wedding anniversary) is not in the cards, so we're off to Puerto Vallarta!
2016 - Spring break at DL/DCA!!
BCmomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: