Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
Fielhol
Mouseketeer

Booking excursions....

So if I understand right, silver members can book their excursions earlier then first time cruisers? What if you are traveling with first time cruisers? Can you book excursions for them as well if they are tied to your reservation? We want to do all our excursions together. TIA!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
jaulty
Mouseketeer

From my understanding, unless they are staying in the same stateroom as you are, then they will have to wait until their booking window opens. Good luck
jaulty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
clten
DIS Veteran

Silver CC members can book excursions at 90 days before cruise (compared to the 75 days for all guests) but ONLY if you are paid in full. Non-CC members in the same cabin as a CC guest can be booked on excursions at the earlier window. If the new cruisers are in a separate stateroom and just linked to a CC member, you will not be able to book them on excursions until their window opens at 75 days. (When booking the CC guests, you will see the other names but they will be grayed out and not selectable.)
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fielhol View Post
So if I understand right, silver members can book their excursions earlier then first time cruisers? What if you are traveling with first time cruisers? Can you book excursions for them as well if they are tied to your reservation? We want to do all our excursions together. TIA!
As long as you're paid in full, you can book according to the highest level CC in your stateroom. For example, I am gold but my husband is silver and we get to book when the gold window opens. Hope this helps!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
Fielhol
Mouseketeer

Thank you!! Guess I will wait to book until they can book as well hopefully the excursions we want to do wont fill up
Old 03-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Thank you!! Guess I will wait to book until they can book as well hopefully the excursions we want to do wont fill up
Just like Palo reservations, some spaces are held back for booking once onboard. If an excursion fills up, make sure you visit the excursion desk as soon as possible onboard to see if there is any availability.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfaninaz View Post
Just like Palo reservations, some spaces are held back for booking once onboard. If an excursion fills up, make sure you visit the excursion desk as soon as possible onboard to see if there is any availability.
No, they do not hold back excursions like Palo. Once they're gone, they're gone. But they will keep a waitlist in case someone wants to cancel.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
clten
DIS Veteran

They do not hold back reservations for excursions. But you can cancel any reservations you make online up to 3 days before sailing so there may be cancellations up to the last minute.

OP if I were you, I'd book the excursions you want when your window opens, if you want to pay off your cruise early. Then when the other window opens, you just have to hope there are spots for the rest of your group. (Usually isn't a problem unless you are looking at the really limited space ones.) If there aren't, it is easy enough to cancel or rebook another activity. (You don't have to book at the same time to be on the same bus. Just an FYI because I know that's why some people wait to book everyone at the same time.)
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I wouldn't wait...book for your stateroom. Then a couple of weeks later when the new cruisers can book you are trying to find fewer open slots. It might be easier. Plus it will be easier to wait-list a few than the full party. You have until 3 days prior to cruising to cancel without charge.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: