Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #2986
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Some pics of our recent stay

The view off our balcony

An arrangement of the some of the items we had in the room, left by the staff when they decorated the room. One of our towel animals is a dog and is right in front of Duffy

Decorations done by the staff

Includes personalized, autographed photo of Minnie Mouse

Another one of our towel animals.

Mousekeeping did this on several evenings. Pluto always held the remote and had it on The Disney Channel. Melody got a huge kick out of this

Last edited by AngiTN; 03-19-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #2987
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

You had a wonderful view. It looks like it was a beautiful day that day.

I love what they did with the animals. They arranged my grandchildren's animals like that. They had a big Mickey Mouse with them, too.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 04:24 AM   #2988
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

AngiTN, to another East Tennesseean!! LOVED your WL Pics!!

I am TOOOO excited right now. . .we leave TODAY at lunch, and we will check into WL CL tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all of the info I have gotten here! You all rock!!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:37 AM   #2989
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post

I am TOOOO excited right now. . .we leave TODAY at lunch, and we will check into WL CL tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all of the info I have gotten here! You all rock!!
Oh, I bet you're so excited! I hope you have a great vacation and safe travels. Will you be able to report to us live?
Old 03-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #2990
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
That is a good question. She really loved so much about it. Matter of fact, early in to our trip she informed us that anytime we have to stay in a hotel she wants it to be this one. She loved the Lounge. She had to look in there every time we came back, even if it was closed. She got a kick out of running from the elevator to our room (we got room 7045 so not a long walk and had nice views overlooking the courtyard).

She really liked the foods in the Lounge too. Drank lots of Apple Juice, which was a surprise since she'd never really had it before. Loved the Peanut Butter and Jelly shooters. Another surprise since in the past she only liked Peanut butter, no jelly.

The pool was a hit, what little we got to use it.
What wonderful memories you helped make for your DGD. Thank you so much for posting your wonderful photos - I love your view, just wish they didn't have those enclosed balcony railings. I love when mousekeeping sets up the animals. I have some cute "mousekeeper magic," as I call it, posted on the first page of the CR thread.

Did you book a BB or have plans to return for DGD's 6th birthday?
Old 03-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #2991
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That is a good question. She really loved so much about it. Matter of fact, early in to our trip she informed us that anytime we have to stay in a hotel she wants it to be this one. She loved the Lounge. She had to look in there every time we came back, even if it was closed. She got a kick out of running from the elevator to our room (we got room 7045 so not a long walk and had nice views overlooking the courtyard).

She really liked the foods in the Lounge too. Drank lots of Apple Juice, which was a surprise since she'd never really had it before. Loved the Peanut Butter and Jelly shooters. Another surprise since in the past she only liked Peanut butter, no jelly.

The pool was a hit, what little we got to use it.
So glad you had a great time!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #2992
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
What wonderful memories you helped make for your DGD. Thank you so much for posting your wonderful photos - I love your view, just wish they didn't have those enclosed balcony railings. I love when mousekeeping sets up the animals. I have some cute "mousekeeper magic," as I call it, posted on the first page of the CR thread.

Did you book a BB or have plans to return for DGD's 6th birthday?
No, we didn't book another trip. As for her 6th birthday, she'll be in school so that makes future trips much more difficult. That the primary reason we went all out for this one, staying 10 days, CL, etc. I'm sure we'll return one day but any future trip will have to work around a school break, which means crowds, which we don't do well. I've got 6 individual non-expiring park passes that we'll use one day (gifts from bad experience at Pop last Christmas). Maybe Melody and I will take a short trip with just the 2 of us

The rails (and Roaring Fork) were my only dislikes of the entire Lodge. It wasn't awful but it would have been nice to sit and look out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post

Hi back at ya! Have a blast! You spending the night along the way? I can recommend a couple hotels if you are in the need of one, one in Perry and one in Macon.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #2993
Liberator
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Some pics of our recent stay

The view off our balcony

THIS is so beautiful!!

Universal Orlando visits: 2008 Offsite *** 2009 Offsite *** 2013 Royal Pacific Resort
Old 03-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #2994
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

I almost forgot to post pics of the little ducklings hanging out in the pool.

They were so very cute. This pic was done the day we arrived. We saw them a week later and they had doubled in size.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #2995
WDWKOOK

Sooo cute, AngiTN!

Our resort changin' friend, pas130 has made a switch from the Honeymoon Suite back to a CSR CL room, so off to try to erase my Sharpie I go...

ETA: Just noticed we don't have any April Lodgers logged
Old 03-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #2996
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Sooo cute, AngiTN!

ETA: Just noticed we don't have any April Lodgers logged
Wow, and I thought the crowds in September were light...
Old 03-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #2997
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Wow, and I thought the crowds in September were light...

Oh yeah, you're in trouble, a few others will be there with you in September, but April...

Bay Lake in April:
Old 03-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #2998
WDWKOOK

From MousePlanet and I heard this on DIS Unplugged 3/19:

Walt Disney World annual passholders can now trade in their paper cards for plastic cards equipped with RFID chips to allow entry through the new turnstile-free gates. Passholders can make the exchange at the Odyssey in Epcot anytime before May 20, and as a bonus there are some props on exhibit there while you wait your turn. Premier passholders still need to wai
t for more information before exchanging passes.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #2999
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
THIS is so beautiful!!
That is an amazing photo, no doubt about it!
I am having such fun backreading on this thread and the WL photo thread. Can't wait for our stay!
Standard CL 3 nights, Starting Sept 24
Old 03-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #3000
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:
Just noticed we don't have any April Lodgers logged
That's cause we're not in your log!

My new wife and I will be in one of the four honeymoon rooms from Apr 24 until Apr 28. On the 28th, we're resort jumping to GF.

My pre-trip report is on the honeymoon forum. Sorry, I don't know how to post the link.

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: