Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #1591
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Funny but true.

Did you all see the possible new rooms at CBR? It looks just like the layout of the AB rooms at POR. There's a link to the pictures in this thread, http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=356.
That would actually bring us to CBR ... wife thinks they look too Hokey / dated at the moment.

But I think talking about CBR is a little off topic from the POR thread ... still interesting stuff.

46 more days til POR !!!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #1592
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
I'd say ....
Because I want to end tonight on a good note:

Here is a pic from building 14 I took today 2nd floor.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #1593
Megsmachine
I love Minnie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Oh well I guess I have earned my right to be here.
Uh yeah. What is wrong with people?

Old 03-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #1594
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie832
We are now only a few weeks away from our first stay at POR It's our first time at a moderate (yes, we've been deluxe snobs), but we have always loved the atmosphere at Port Orleans when we've visited. I wasn't pregnant when I made the reservation (surprise!), and we're not staying in a preferred room (we've requested the mansions), but I think it should be fine. I will barely be in my second trimester by that point. We plan on spending a lot of time at Epcot for F&G, so I hope the bus service works out well.
Me too! I was apparently two weeks along when we booked. Ill be six and a half months when we go. Scary. I'm requesting mansions too. Hope yours goes well.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #1595
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
You will if you keep posting questions like this
And replies like that.

Erm, and ones like this too...

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-20-2013, 04:17 AM   #1596
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Because I want to end tonight on a good note:

Here is a pic from building 14 I took today 2nd floor.
Nice! Anyone have photos of building 15?
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Old 03-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #1597
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
Ill see what I can find. But what views are you trying for?

Good morning everyone.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #1598
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Yes, there are some on my site - but it looks basically the same as 14, 16, 17 and 18. Views vary from bayou to parking lot.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #1599
Disneylvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Ill see what I can find. But what views are you trying for?

Good morning everyone.
This may sound weird, but we want to be near the parking lot. We don't need an accessible room but our daughter is disabled and we drive to the parks. I thought we'd have a better chance requesting 15 than 14 since it is more popular. We do have a preferred room booked. And good morning!
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Old 03-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #1600
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
This may sound weird, but we want to be near the parking lot. We don't need an accessible room but our daughter is disabled and we drive to the parks. I thought we'd have a better chance requesting 15 than 14 since it is more popular. We do have a preferred room booked. And good morning!
Yeah then check Andre's site: www.portorleans.org

He has pics from that building and parking lot pics looking at the buildings also.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #1601
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

So I've not really checked out this board in too much detail before, but hi everyone and hi Andre. I'm writing to tell you how amazing your site is - which is why I probably haven't really needed to use this board in any real detail before. Anyway, you should win an award for the best unofficial Disney resort site ever.

Have a magical day...

Quote:

He has pics from that building and parking lot pics looking at the buildings also.
June 2014 - BWI; May/June 2013 - POR; May/June 2012 - POFQ; Sept 2011 - POFQ for MNSSHP; Nov 2010 - AKL for MMVCP; July 2010 - Pop Century for 4th of July; May/June 2010 - Contemporary; Apr 2010 - CBR; Nov 2009 - POR for MMVCP[/B]
Old 03-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #1602
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

If I had a dream that I was staying at POR, does that mean someone is trying to tell me something?!

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #1603
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Funny but true.

Did you all see the possible new rooms at CBR? It looks just like the layout of the AB rooms at POR. There's a link to the pictures in this thread, http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=356.
I think its too dark for my tastes, but it is very Poly-lite. I am sure the addition of the Murphy Bed will draw some folks away from POR who stay here simply because it is currently the only mod to sleep 5. CBR was never on my radar (even with the Pirate rooms) but if more folks head there, then there is more room for us at POR!!

I will say, that it looks like they will be getting wooden dividers (like CSR) to divide the sinks/bathroom area from the beds. Now THAT is nice and wish POR would have added that in their last refurb too...
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #1604
Disneylvr

Quote:

I personally would love a river view but last year at POFQ while DD and were walking around the resort taking photos she bolted from me (she has autism) and ran down to the river's edge and almost fell in. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. She is very drawn to water and if we had a river view she would probably bolt every time the door was open. I might just go ahead and request Building 14 or 15, ground floor and near parking lot and just see what we are assigned. Thanks Venom!

Old 03-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #1605
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You can call back anytime and have a request added as long as it doesn't get down to a few days before arrival it may be hard to get requests granted then.
Thank you for the info. Can I request a particular building? I booked standard but would like to be as close to the food court as possible.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: