Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
RogueLeader
Earning My Ears

Buttons and Stickers

Yeah, yeah. I got a lot of questions today! I guess it's because it is almost time to go! Anyway on another thread someone posted a link where it mentioned CM's handing out stickers to the kids in the park. Do they really do this? I mean are there just people standing around with big rolls of stickers? I am shocked to think Disney would give away anything, even stickers! If so my kids will be excited. They love stickers! I mean they even ask for stickers at Krogers and sometimes all it is is the stickers cashiers use to mark items as paid!

The other thing the blog mentioned was buttons. I had seen people on here talking about birthday buttons and anniversary buttons. But somehow I thought they just made them themselves! Now I also see they mentioned a 'first visit' button. Where do you get those? We are staying off property but the blog said you could get them at the gate. It just seems to me that with all the people that visit WDW it would be hard for them to have something like that at the gate. I mean isn't it a bunch of people's first visit?

Okay, no more caffeine for me, I'm going to bed now... Maybe...
RogueLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

You can get the buttons when you get into the park at guest services. They may also have the Mickey face stickers. I got some from various cast members around the park. Once I told the cm that he gave me too much change at the register and he gave me a whole bunch. You shouldn't have a problem getting some

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 AM   #3
leeg229
Mouseketeer

As a former (and soon to be again) CM one of the highlights of my day was finding any excuse to give out stickers! Not all CMs will have them and most have the generic mickey face or posing mickey. As far as I know there were 15+ different stickers featuring different characters, you just need to know where to look/ask. Many DVC kiosks have stickers, custodial CMs often have stickers, and Guest Relations in Studios (and probably the other parks too) has a bunch of different stickers.

As for the buttons, they don't give them out at the gate. They give them out in guest relations. They have all sorts of buttons, birthday, anniversary, happily ever after, just engaged, just married, 1st visit, I'm Celebrating _______, and they'll even write in an "Un" in front of "Birthday" on the birthday button to help you celebrate your unbirthday.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueLeader View Post
Yeah, yeah. I got a lot of questions today! I guess it's because it is almost time to go! Anyway on another thread someone posted a link where it mentioned CM's handing out stickers to the kids in the park. Do they really do this? I mean are there just people standing around with big rolls of stickers? I am shocked to think Disney would give away anything, even stickers! If so my kids will be excited. They love stickers! I mean they even ask for stickers at Krogers and sometimes all it is is the stickers cashiers use to mark items as paid!

The other thing the blog mentioned was buttons. I had seen people on here talking about birthday buttons and anniversary buttons. But somehow I thought they just made them themselves! Now I also see they mentioned a 'first visit' button. Where do you get those? We are staying off property but the blog said you could get them at the gate. It just seems to me that with all the people that visit WDW it would be hard for them to have something like that at the gate. I mean isn't it a bunch of people's first visit?

Okay, no more caffeine for me, I'm going to bed now... Maybe...
Yes, they give stickers away. I got some because we were wearing happy anniversary pins. WE got our pins at Town Hall in MK free & he wrote our names on them. WE still have them. Hubby loved the attention we got w/ the pins. We couldnt walk 50 ft w/o someone saying happy anniversary. It was so fun!

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Via Napoli Review & pics!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
Tropics
Mouseketeer

We were at Disney when DD was 11.5 mo old. She was given stickers EVERYWHERE! We have a big pile of them now at home. She loved getting them. We got them at the front desk of the Poly while checking in, at Town Hall while upgrading to APs, at a store, at the barber shop and at a couple other places that I can't think of right now.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #6
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Yes they give out stickers.Not all Cms do and not all cms have them..We had piles of them when we last went, which DD brought back to school and gave a couple to each kid.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
Minnie222
Mouseketeer

We got some stickers from this recent trip:

The CMs mainly have the Mickey head one.
At HS close to Toy's Story, the CMs there give out Toy's Story ones.
At HS, a DVC counter gives out a quite a few. Their stickers are the DVC club Hawaii, but it doesn't say Aulani on it.
The cashier at the gift stores has a variety of styles and can give out a handful.
Magical Express counter gives out stickers also.

Tomorrowland Speedway gives out Driver's Licence.
Jedi training gives out certificate.
Barnstormer has frequent rider card. (This was three years ago. We didn't check it this time.)
Minnie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #8
Mrs Eeyore
Mouseketeer

We got a pile of stickers at check-in at CBR, and a CM gave us some more while we were waiting for the internal bus. Front desk CM was also very eager to give us First Visit buttons even though technically we had visited Disney before, but we accepted because this was our first stay in a Disney resort. On our most recent trip DH got a birthday button at check-in. The CM also insisted on giving a birthday button to DD who would turn 12 a month later, but she didn't want to wear it because it wasn't really her birthday yet. I don't recall whether we got stickers anywhere else, but we were certainly well supplied at check-in.

One of my DDs' favourite souvenirs was a collector card with a checklist for all the colours of the monorail. A CM on the monorail platform was handing them out. A server at Boma gave them some kind of collector card too.
Mrs Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Some of the resorts have them too when you check in. We got some at the Poly and CSR on our last trip when we checked in.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #10
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Stickers are given out in abundance. You'll have more than you can ever want. 100% free

Buttons are easy to find too. Baskets of them in the Guest Services of each park (since you aren't in a Resort on property).
Old 03-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #11
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

I'm an adult and I even got stickers. Going into Muppets 3D one of the CMs saw my birthday button and gave me a sheet of Muppets Stickers for my bday and then on our Keys to the Kingdom Tour our guide gave out stickers for answering questions correctly (or incorrectly but with conviction)

I had a huge stack (the most actually, not that I'm competitive or anything) and DS(18) and I had a blast keeping them in our pockets and when we'd strike up a conversation with someone on the bus or in line we'd ask the mom and dad if we could give the kids a sticker for being so patient or kind. It was fun to spread a little joy even with something as little as a sticker.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
msmama
DIS Veteran

Sticker tips:

1. The stickers are perfect for covering the sensor in the bathrooms if you have a kid who doesn't like autoflush toilets. I've seen lots of moms sticker trading in bathrooms, lol.

2. BEWARE of putting the stickers on your skin. I had the worst reaction to one my son stuck on me and then got wet in the rain. Very unattractive circle rash on my chest for the rest of the trip (and for weeks after we returned). Even my dermatologist couldn't figure out what it was exactly!

msmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #13
Mrs Eeyore
Mouseketeer

Oops, I missed the part about staying off property. Apologies for all my babbling about check-in. But my point was that Disney is very generous with the stickers and buttons so I'm sure you won't have any trouble collecting a few.
Mrs Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #14
DakotaRose
Mouseketeer

By Spaceship Earth, there was a CM operating a little remote control car. He was really good at it. I smiled and kept strolling and the CM called out "wait, this is for you!". I stopped and the little car came over and bumped into my shoe a few times to give me four stickers. Then it zoomed off in pursuit of little kids.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: