Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





View Poll Results: Which is more reliable
EasyWDW 224 80.00%
TouringPlans 56 20.00%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #46
disneyboy123
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 109

Is the lines app only available with a subscription? Can I see wait times without paying for access?
disneyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #47
manda07
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10

EasyWDW is my go-to. Love the explanations and comparisons that illustrate his predictions.

Aside from the crowd calendar, I so appreciate his detailed blogs on special events as well. Last year was our first MNSSHP and thanks to Josh, I knew what to prioritize and we did absolutely everything we wanted to.
__________________



10/12 - POR, DD's first visit
6/13 - Vero Beach
10/13 - POR
10/14 - POR
manda07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #48
dansamy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,681

I like Josh's explanations of his choices. I love the lines app from TP. It's worth the price, but the new MDE app in conjunction with MyMagic+ & FastPass+ might make it obsolete.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #49
pfalcioni
If we're not Riding, we're Disney Dreaming!
 
pfalcioni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 287

Quote:
Is the lines app only available with a subscription? Can I see wait times without paying for access?
The Disney app is free, but the Lines app requires a Touring Plans membership.
__________________
pfalcioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #50
MichaelColey
Mouseketeer
 
MichaelColey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansamy View Post
I like Josh's explanations of his choices. I love the lines app from TP. It's worth the price, but the new MDE app in conjunction with MyMagic+ & FastPass+ might make it obsolete.
Can you tell us more about these apps? I may just have to check them out!
__________________
Our Disney Trips: WDW: Sep'07 (9d-ASMo), Sep'08 (14d-ASMo), Sep'09 (14d-ASMo), Sep'10 (13d-Royal Palms, Houses at Summer Bay), Dec'10 (7d-Wyndham Bonnet Creek), Feb'11 (7d-BCV), Mar'11 (20d-WBC,SSR,VWL), May'11 (7d-AKV), Aug'11 (27d-OKW,BWV,VWL,OKW), Apr'13 (14d?-BLT?,?)
DL: Feb'09 (3d), Mar'09 (5d), May'09 (3d), Oct'09 (5d), Apr'12 (7d-VGC), Aug'12 (7d-Dolphin's Cove), Feb'13 (14d-Newport Coast) - DLP: Jan'10 (4d), Mar'13 (7d-MVF)
MichaelColey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #51
ses1230
DIS Veteran
 
ses1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 6,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
Can you tell us more about these apps? I may just have to check them out!
Lines is the app from the Unofficial Guide / touringplans.com folks. It has estimated wait times and user submitted wait times.
__________________


1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #52
EmilyJ517
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 174

We will be in MK on April 26th per Josh. i also subscribe to TP and have the crowd level estimates in my itinerary to help me plan, but I compare it to EWDW and go from there. Also, sometimes the actual numbers that TP predicts, aren't that bad but they have to pick a best and worst park, even if all of the parks are relatively high or low.

but my DS's bday is the 26th so we would certainly be spending it at MK no matter what, just glad that it looks to be an ok day.

Bottom line...go to Epcot on the 26th. lol
__________________
~Emily
ME; DH; DS5; DD2

Our next trip: A LAND and SEA Adventure!



EmilyJ517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #53
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic
 
DisneyFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,841

I have a feeling that your poll is going to be highly skewed due to the fact that touringplans is a paid for site, and easyWDW is not.

Many more are apt to simply use easyWDW for that reason (which the poll will show), since they don't want to pay for touringplans.

Having said that, after reviewing both options for the time of year that we visit WDW (late Sept) if find that both are in close agreement overall.

Dan
__________________
Me(41), DW(39), DD(12), DD(10), DS(7)
POR, September 2013, 10 days A marathon of enjoyment!!!
POR, September 2012, 9 days Awesome!!!
POP, September 2011, 9 days Very Fun, Hot!
POP, September 2010, 8 days Magical!!!
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #54
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran
 
cbnsoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 670

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

easywdw.com. Josh is my hero!
__________________

Last edited by cbnsoul; 03-20-2013 at 03:25 PM.
cbnsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #55
LaurenT
DIS Veteran
 
LaurenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 6,457

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFive
I have a feeling that your poll is going to be highly skewed due to the fact that touringplans is a paid for site, and easyWDW is not.

Many more are apt to simply use easyWDW for that reason (which the poll will show), since they don't want to pay for touringplans.

Having said that, after reviewing both options for the time of year that we visit WDW (late Sept) if find that both are in close agreement overall.

Dan
I actually subscribe to TP, and recommend their lines app. But I follow Josh for park days...and if Josh charged, I'd pay!
__________________
Lauren DH DD



Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #56
moscow
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
I actually subscribe to TP, and recommend their lines app. But I follow Josh for park days...and if Josh charged, I'd pay!
Same in our house -- both to subscribing to TP and to following Josh's park days!
moscow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #57
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 22,197

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFive View Post
I have a feeling that your poll is going to be highly skewed due to the fact that touringplans is a paid for site, and easyWDW is not.

Many more are apt to simply use easyWDW for that reason (which the poll will show), since they don't want to pay for touringplans.


Dan
I disagree. Touringplans does't cost much at all. If people are spending thousands on a vacation, a few bucks won't matter much at all. And seems like a good investment.

I've used both, and I like EasyWDW more. I like how Josh explains why he recommends which park on what day, and that he ranks them in order from best to worst. And tells you why!

During a trip last year I used both, and had the park recommendations from both written down. To me it seemed Easy was more accurate. I have no scientific proof, just the observations of someone who has been to the parks more than a dozen times. And has made 2 trips a year for the past few years.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #58
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)
 
jennylyn_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,594

Easywdw is the best! I love Josh's wit and pov. Also, his recommendations have always been great.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #59
pfalcioni
If we're not Riding, we're Disney Dreaming!
 
pfalcioni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 287

Quote:
Many more are apt to simply use easyWDW for that reason (which the poll will show), since they don't want to pay for touringplans.
I think if you re-read most of the replies here, many of the people who like EasyWDW best also have had (or currently have) a TP membership also.

I think you'd have just as valid an argument for Touring Plans having more voters because it is advertised in a bestselling WDW touring book that's purchased and used by thousands of people every year - The Unoffical WDW guide is the best selling travel book on Amazon in a bunch of different categories. That's tons more customers to potentially vote here than what EasyWDW gets from word-of-mouth or general google searches.
__________________
pfalcioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #60
firecracker725
DIS Veteran
 
firecracker725's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: France
Posts: 1,165

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfalcioni View Post

I think if you re-read most of the replies here, many of the people who like EasyWDW best also have had (or currently have) a TP membership also.

I think you'd have just as valid an argument for Touring Plans having more voters because it is advertised in a bestselling WDW touring book that's purchased and used by thousands of people every year - The Unoffical WDW guide is the best selling travel book on Amazon in a bunch of different categories. That's tons more customers to potentially vote here than what EasyWDW gets from word-of-mouth or general google searches.
I have the UG and TP membership, but I trust Josh.
__________________
--Crystal

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: