Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #886
Mrs. Ciz
DIS Veteran

My family (me, DS16, DD14) will be at SWW on Sunday June 2nd. This will be our very first one. Now I just need to read through these 60 pages to figure out what we should do!
DL: Too many times to count growing up, DL: Jr. High Grad Trip 1980, WDW: Summer 1983, DL: New Year's Eve 1989, WDW: August 1995, DLR: Christmas 2001, DLR: June 2003, WDW: July 2010, WDW: Dec 2011, WDW: June 2013, DLR: July 2013

Wyndham Timeshare Owner & RCI Member since 1985
Old 03-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #887
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
I was just thinking. With the reality that there won't be a 3pm regular parade for the foreseeable future I think the SW motorcade parade might be even harder to see. For people that love parades, for kids that want to see Disney characters in a parade, the sw motorcade will attract more crowds than just the regular sw fan. What do you guys think?
Oh I hope not! The SW parade route is already waaay too short - increasing the crowds cramming in to see the parade. I know they need to end at the new stage, but maybe they could continue around towards ST and then circle back down in front of ABC Commissary and bring the characters and celebs to the stage from the back. That would give people more room to spread out along a longer parade route. For us last year the parade route was a mob scene!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #888
501st disney trooper
marching for the mouse

Thats probably not going to happen due to the people in costume are already been in the heat ( direct sun ) back stage - then marching the parade .. Were a sweaty mess when we get back stage again .. And aside from Disney's face characters ( you see throughout the park and on stage ) most of the parade are not in Disney's employ we are volunteers .. Not all of the participants are in their prime ( young and in tip top shape ) like Disney's employ ..
Its partially short due to safety and depending on crowd levels there are additional factors .

But i personally would enjoy a longer route
Saratoga Springs free dining Sept 11-21 2008
All Star Music First Star wars weekends June 2009
All star Music MNSSHP trip October 2009
Grand Floridian Star Wars Weekends May 2010
Pop Century Jan 27th-Feb 5th 2011
Pop Century Jan 27th-Feb 4th 2012
Old 03-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #889
Meech Loves Mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Oh I hope not! The SW parade route is already waaay too short - increasing the crowds cramming in to see the parade. I know they need to end at the new stage, but maybe they could continue around towards ST and then circle back down in front of ABC Commissary and bring the characters and celebs to the stage from the back. That would give people more room to spread out along a longer parade route. For us last year the parade route was a mob scene!
When you say "new stage" do you mean there is a different stage now that is not located under that hat? We did not see the parade in 2012, but in 2011 it ended at the hat.

My son was a padawan in the 2011 parade!

~ May 2014 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Feb 2014 Disneyland Resort (Solo Trip!)
~ May 2013 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Dec 2012 Disneyland & Disney California Adventure
~ May 2012 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Oct 2011 WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ May 2011 WDW Swan
~ Dec 2010 WDW Coronado Springs
~ Sept 2009 WDW Port Orleans French Quarter
~ Oct 2008 WDW Hilton at Downtown Disney
~ Nov 2005 Disneyland
~ May 2002 WDW Off Property
~ March 2001 WDW Off Property
Old 03-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #890
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was just thinking. With the reality that there won't be a 3pm regular parade for the foreseeable future I think the SW motorcade parade might be even harder to see. For people that love parades, for kids that want to see Disney characters in a parade, the sw motorcade will attract more crowds than just the regular sw fan. What do you guys think?
Wait! What happened to the regular 3pm parade? I try to keep on top of this stuff, did I miss something?

Old 03-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #891
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meech Loves Mickey View Post
When you say "new stage" do you mean there is a different stage now that is not located under that hat? We did not see the parade in 2012, but in 2011 it ended at the hat.

The Sorcerer Hat stage has been the current endpoint for only a few years. Likely the PP still thinks of it as "new".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
Wait! What happened to the regular 3pm parade? I try to keep on top of this stuff, did I miss something?
Ending in early April, along with Disney Channel Rocks.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 03-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #892
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501st disney trooper View Post
Thats probably not going to happen due to the people in costume are already been in the heat ( direct sun ) back stage - then marching the parade .. Were a sweaty mess when we get back stage again .. And aside from Disney's face characters ( you see throughout the park and on stage ) most of the parade are not in Disney's employ we are volunteers .. Not all of the participants are in their prime ( young and in tip top shape ) like Disney's employ ..
Its partially short due to safety and depending on crowd levels there are additional factors .

But i personally would enjoy a longer route
There probably won't be a longer route for 2 reasons:
1.- they build this fancy-schmancy stage for SWW, it fits everyone way better and it allows more people in front of the stage to see the welcome "ceremony", as opposed to the JTA stage.
2.- They won't get the parade up to ST and then around Commisary lane because that would block way to many people from moving around the park for too long.
I have a bad feeling about this
Old 03-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #893
Billabongi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbelly View Post
Yes that was me! http://www.fanwraps.net (hopefully that is ok to do)

Looks like we will be sticking with our October 2013 trip. All the merch for this years SWW is settled so our fanwraps will have to wait for 2014. And we'll have to start thinking about planning our next trip for May 2014!!
Thanks! My wife is considering the R2D2 wrap on her Blue Hyundai Veloster.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #894
501st disney trooper
marching for the mouse

Quote:

1.- they build this fancy-schmancy stage for SWW, it fits everyone way better and it allows more people in front of the stage to see the welcome "ceremony", as opposed to the JTA stage.
2.- They won't get the parade up to ST and then around Commisary lane because that would block way to many people from moving around the park for too long.
I totally agree with you
Saratoga Springs free dining Sept 11-21 2008
All Star Music First Star wars weekends June 2009
All star Music MNSSHP trip October 2009
Grand Floridian Star Wars Weekends May 2010
Pop Century Jan 27th-Feb 5th 2011
Pop Century Jan 27th-Feb 4th 2012
Old 03-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #895
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meech Loves Mickey View Post

Yep, sorry, last year was my first SWW in several years, so to me the stage by the hat was new.

Quote:
Sadly, I also agree. We will again pick one day and find a spot (very) early so we're not 6 people back.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #896
Dikran
Mouseketeer

Anybody do Carbon freeze me last year? Is it worth it? How long of a wait should I expect? I so want to do this!
Thanks!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #897
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dikran View Post
Anybody do Carbon freeze me last year? Is it worth it? How long of a wait should I expect? I so want to do this!
Thanks!
Just a heads up, the Carbon Freeze Me doesn't appear as a product that they will offer this year (this is info from the HUB an internal CM site) it appeared untll very recently and then it was taken off.
This doesn't mean that they won't offer it but there's a possibility that they won't.
We'll know for sure as the first SWW approaches
Old 03-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #898
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dikran
Thanks!
My husband did it. He had an appt but the wait to get the figure was months. Ridiculously long. I hope they have figured out a better process if they are doing it again.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 03-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #899
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just a heads up, the Carbon Freeze Me doesn't appear as a product that they will offer this year (this is info from the HUB an internal CM site) it appeared untll very recently and then it was taken off.
This doesn't mean that they won't offer it but there's a possibility that they won't.
We'll know for sure as the first SWW approaches
That actually makes sense with some of the rumor threads I've been reading about a major overhaul at DHS. I wish there would be some confimation one way or the other instead of all the speculation.

OT-my dh was listening to an interview with JAT. Don't remember who did the interview. But he was telling me that JAT said series 6 was taped and it was suppose to have a different ending. Wonder if that's what they will use for the arcs that Dave Filoni was talking about? I hope they shed more light during SWW.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #900
gypsy45
Earning My Ears

Disney Studios hours in May 2013

Hi,
I noticed on the Disney website the hours for the studios on May 23rd are 9:00am to 6:00pm. Does anyone know why they will be closed so early that night? Is there a special event?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: