Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
JamiLeigh
Mouseketeer

Star Wars Weekend with 5 and 2 yr old

We are taking our 5 and 2 yr old down to Disney in May for Star Wars. This was a last minute planned trip so we only have 3 full days. It will be opening weekend of Star Wars, we plan on spending Fri at HS, Sat at MK, and Sunday is totally open. We will most likely skip Epcot and AK since we are planning a larger vacation in the next year or two. We are staying at CR and have park hoppers and will most likely take a break during the day. Any suggestion or plan of attacks I should have? We just booked the trip and leave in 2 months, our oldest starts school this fall and since we LOVES Star Wars I couldn't let the opportunity pass up to attend this event when we didn't have to go in June when prices go up. Oh... It's also a surprise trip for him.
JamiLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

From the moment you leave your vehicle and hit the pavement, be paying attention to EVERYTHING around you. DHS during SWW is unlike any other visitGet all your ADRs or you'll be left to fend for meals with long lines and not so happy fellow vacationers. besides the disney characters, there will be normal folks dressed so authentically, you'll begin to wonder which Luke and Darth are truly DisneyGo ahead and get photo opps with them all..it's funHopefully neither child will get spooked by the villian characters--a warning--the costumes and character behaviours are truly remarkable, so if they seem scary on a TV screen, they will be even more so in person at 6 foot. SWW is so wonderful, we did it a few years ago and had a fabulous time.
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
DisneyDreamMaker
Mouseketeer

We will be there the first weekend also with 5 & 7 year old boys but my husband is the biggest fan of all. This is our first time doing SWW. There is a designated thread just for SWW 2013 if you want to check it out, it was helpful. From what I read Friday seems to be the busiest that weekend due to limited edition merchandise. Our plan is to get there at opening, send DH to get FP for TSM while me & DS7 ride RNR. Then head over to M&G so we can meet the fab five and other characters. We don't park hop because it seems to be too much on us but if it gets too busy you could always head to a different park.

Happy Planning!
Melissa

Me: DH DS8 DS6

Last edited by DisneyDreamMaker; 03-20-2013 at 01:49 AM.
DisneyDreamMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
JamiLeigh
Mouseketeer

So Friday will be the busiest? We originally had an ADR for Crystal Palace on Friday, then I read Saturday was the busiest so we changed days so we could do HS on Fri and MK on Sat. Oh well, I'm expecting large crowds. I'm trying to go in with an open min that not everything can be done. My 2 yr old may get scared but I have a feeling the 5 yr old will want to have a light saber duel with Darth Vadar.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:57 AM   #5
DisneyDreamMaker
Mouseketeer

I apologize, to clarify what I meant was that Friday 5/17 will be the busiest of all Fridays due to limited merchandise. I reread what I wrote and realized it was wrong. All days will be busy but Fridays are usually a little better cause you don't have as many locals. Sorry for the confusion!
My kids did Jedi Training last year when my little one was 4. They were nervous at first it seemed but did great and loved it. Plus we have the best pics of them fighting Darth Vader.

Melissa

Me: DH DS8 DS6
DisneyDreamMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #6
JamiLeigh
Mouseketeer

I got it!! Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: