Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #1261
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Got an email from Southwest about a CLick and Save sale. I saved $60 on our flights to FLL. This is the second time our BWI to FLL fight has dropped! Gotta love Southwest!!!!

Now if our LAX flight would drop in price.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #1262
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaopolis View Post
Happy 1-2-3, Everyone!

1 Month
2 Weeks
3 Days

!!!!!! !!!!!!
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #1263
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know if any of you have tried it, but the Rosa Regale is FANTASTIC. I've had many friends who really don't like wine, let alone red wine, drink it and become addicted (in a good way, I promise).

It is a sweet, sparkling red wine (Brachetto d'Acqui). It's mainly a dessert wine, but screw it, you can drink it with ANYTHING.

We had discovered it after having a similar wine at California Adventure called Magicale, that Disney has sadly discontinued. We had looked up in forums, and people were saying that Rosa Regale had the closest taste. It did and it's amazing. Ironically, Disney now carries it everywhere. We even had it as our "champagne" at our Wedding at Grand Floridian.

So, if you're looking to try a wine that's sweet, different.... or just something to potentially change your mind if you don't like wine... I'd HIGHLY recommend Rosa Regale.

Also, for those of you that think Champagne is a great idea, but a little dry, may I suggest the Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante. It's much like Champagne, but sweeter.
I agree..>Rosa Regale is fantastic. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but this wine I can drink!

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #1264
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
Got an email from Southwest about a CLick and Save sale. I saved $60 on our flights to FLL. This is the second time our BWI to FLL fight has dropped! Gotta love Southwest!!!!

Now if our LAX flight would drop in price.
Nice!!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #1265
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Just wondering if any other wine lovers are planning on bringing their own on board for in-cabin (or veranda) consumption. If so, how much?

Val & I brought two bottles on our last 7-night cruise but we also bought the 4-night wine package, which worked out OK. I'm thinking this time we may go for a box, or two, plus a 7-night wine package.
Officially, I am not a wine drinker ... however ... when we sail with other DCL cruise friends of ours, we arrange to bring the following alcohol onboard, for a 14 night DCL cruise, for 4 adults ...

8 bottles - Banfi Rosa Regale Sparking Red Wine
1 bottle - Cliff Edge Sparking Shiraz (Australia)
1 bottle - Oremus or Royal Tokaji (Hungary, 2006 or earlier)
1 case - Smirnoff Ice, preferably WILD GRAPE
(Rose Regale is available locally for under $25 ... is offered on DCL for $60 - $65, and is offered at Top Of The World @ Bay Lake Tower / Contemporary Resort for $75. With the Premium Wine package, the Rose Regale would be about $47 per bottle (after gratuity) ... NOW you know why we bring it with us. Disclaimer: If we opt to consume this outside of our stateroom, we bring it to the dining room, and have the server(s) handle the corkage (they never have to re-cork the bottle, or move it to the next restaurant).

Non-alcohol:
case of Coke Zero ... case of Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi ... case of bottled water.

It can be amusing watching four adults trying to maneuver this routine!

Steven

Last edited by sdlong329; 03-19-2013 at 08:41 PM.
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #1266
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
Rose Regale is available locally for under $25 ... is offered on DCL for $60 - $65, and is offered at Top Of The World @ Bay Lake Tower / Contemporary Resort for $75. NOW you know why we bring it with us. Disclaimer: If we opt to consume this outside of our stateroom, we bring it to the dining room, and have the server(s) handle the corkage (they never have to re-cork the bottle, or move it to the next restaurant).
How often do they charge you for the corkage? $25 local + $20 corkage = $45 a bottle. Premium Wine package for 7 nights = ~$42 a bottle. If the corkage fee is pretty regular, I'd rather not haul bottles of wine with me along with day stuff for four AND a diaper bag.

The Coke Zero's a good idea for my DH, though.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #1267
Chaopolis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post

Officially, I am not a wine drinker ... however ... when we sail with other DCL cruise friends of ours, we arrange to bring the following alcohol onboard, for a 14 night DCL cruise, for 4 adults ...

8 bottles - Banfi Rosa Regale Sparking Red Wine
1 bottle - Cliff Edge Sparking Shiraz (Australia)
1 bottle - Oremus or Royal Tokaji (Hungary, 2006 or earlier)
1 case - Smirnoff Ice, preferably WILD GRAPE
(Rose Regale is available locally for under $25 ... is offered on DCL for $60 - $65, and is offered at Top Of The World @ Bay Lake Tower / Contemporary Resort for $75. With the Premium Wine package, the Rose Regale would be about $47 per bottle (after gratuity) ... NOW you know why we bring it with us. Disclaimer: If we opt to consume this outside of our stateroom, we bring it to the dining room, and have the server(s) handle the corkage (they never have to re-cork the bottle, or move it to the next restaurant).

Non-alcohol:
case of Coke Zero ... case of Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi ... case of bottled water.

It can be amusing watching four adults trying to maneuver this routine!

Steven
Do they have Coke Zero onboard? I've been trying to quit sodas all together, but I sneak a Coke Zero from time to time.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #1268
Disjanny
Earning My Ears

I have to cancel this cruise because of a new job. On the one hand I'm happy to say I'm now employed. On the other hand it's new and I can't take two weeks off right now. Enjoy your trip through the canal!!!
Disjanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #1269
corbett744
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
As above, $20 per person, non-refundable to your onboard account. I believe the sign up deadline is March 22.
Thanks.
2013 July Holland American Canadian Cruise
May 2013 Wonder WBPC
May 2012 Diamond Princess-Alaska15 day cruise tour
July 2011 Magic 11 night Mediterranean
May 2010 Coral Princess Alaska 11 day cruise tour
April 2010 Magic Trans Atlantic Eastbound
December 2008 Magic 3 night Bahamas
April 2006 RCCL Western Carribean
April 2002 Magic 7 night Carribean
June 2001 Wonder 4 night Bahamas with
Girl Scouts
February 2000 Magic 4 night Bahamas
corbett744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #1270
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do they have Coke Zero onboard? I've been trying to quit sodas all together, but I sneak a Coke Zero from time to time.
They did not have Coke Zero on the Wonder last spring.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #1271
houseofduck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishop2013 View Post
Can't wait to hear the answer! That would be so much better for us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofduck View Post
I just called the Alamo location at the Miami airport. They told me that there is a complimentary shuttle that runs from the airport to the port from 7:30am to 3:30pm and vice versa. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes.
I think you may have missed my earlier post. I only confirmed with Alamo, but I'm sure I've read that the others have a free shuttle also.
houseofduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #1272
DVCTigger
DIS Veteran

Ok, so we have just under seven weeks! I've been trying to figure out who is who, and where we fit in to this group. DH and I are in our late 40s, have three kids (18,20,22) and enjoy all things Disney, sports, and camping. We are traveling with my parents. You will recognize us, I am 6'1" and DH is 5'7. He is one of the new knees. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing vacation, but enjoy meeting new friends! Please don't hesitate to introduce yourself to us!
Mary
DVCTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #1273
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger View Post
Ok, so we have just under seven weeks! I've been trying to figure out who is who, and where we fit in to this group. DH and I are in our late 40s, have three kids (18,20,22) and enjoy all things Disney, sports, and camping. We are traveling with my parents. You will recognize us, I am 6'1" and DH is 5'7. He is one of the new knees. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing vacation, but enjoy meeting new friends! Please don't hesitate to introduce yourself to us!
Mary
Looking forward to meeting you = we are easy to spot. Jackson is three looks like 5 and very outgoing. He likes everyone on the elevators to acknowledge each other. Heather is blond and beautiful and I am the "old lady " using a scooter to get around. Since I have just found out that the "dis color" is lime green I will definitely buy a lime green ribbon for the scooter.
Jackson's grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #1274
kbishop2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofduck View Post

I think you may have missed my earlier post. I only confirmed with Alamo, but I'm sure I've read that the others have a free shuttle also.
Thanks! I did miss it! Just confirmed that Dollar/Thrifty/Hertz/Alamo provide a shared shuttle to POM. When you return the car, go up to the main level of the rental car center, the bus depot is just outside.
kbishop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #1275
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger View Post
Mary
Mary, we are kind of easy to spot. My and my DH are probably close to your age, but with a lot younger kids who are traveling with us. DS is 8 and DD is 7. A lot of people think we are their grandparents

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: