Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #301
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
No, unfortunately the Armed Forces Salute tickets can not be combined with KTTW.

And yes you can activate the AFS tickets at all park ticket/guest services windows (TTC, other theme and water parks) plus DTD guest relations, and Disney Quest.
Thanks!! I really appreciate all the info on this board. We have used the tickets durring the last promotion, but it's nice to have reminders and clarification on all the little changes with the new promotion!

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:01 AM   #302
willray411
Earning My Ears

S&S Follow up question

I got some great feedback earlier on this thread, but the shadesofgreen response time is a bit slow on questions, so I was curious to see if anyone can provide clarification on a question. For S&S tickets, they have a 1 day rest built in? Is that correct? So if I arrive early afternoon I can purchase my 7 day tickets that day, take it easy that day, and use it the following 7 days in a row? Just curious so I don't have to rush with the family the next morning. We want to try to be in the park right at opening because we are early risers, plus it will probably be less busy.
willray411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #303
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by willray411 View Post
I got some great feedback earlier on this thread, but the shadesofgreen response time is a bit slow on questions, so I was curious to see if anyone can provide clarification on a question. For S&S tickets, they have a 1 day rest built in? Is that correct? So if I arrive early afternoon I can purchase my 7 day tickets that day, take it easy that day, and use it the following 7 days in a row? Just curious so I don't have to rush with the family the next morning. We want to try to be in the park right at opening because we are early risers, plus it will probably be less busy.
Hi, Yes you are right. The stars and Stripes passes from SoG are valid for one day longer than the number of days on the pass, from the purchase date.

So if you buy a 4 day pass, it is valid for 5 days from the date of purchase.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #304
willray411
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT

Hi, Yes you are right. The stars and Stripes passes from SoG are valid for one day longer than the number of days on the pass, from the purchase date.

So if you buy a 4 day pass, it is valid for 5 days from the date of purchase.
Thanks!
willray411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #305
bgdiznee
Mouseketeer

I have looked thru the thread but didn't see the answer to this question. My DH is retired military, so if we have already used our allotment of MS tickets for this year are we allowed to purchase the discounted MYW tickets sold at SOG for other non military family members? (This would be our adult children and their families)
bgdiznee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #306
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdiznee View Post
I have looked thru the thread but didn't see the answer to this question. My DH is retired military, so if we have already used our allotment of MS tickets for this year are we allowed to purchase the discounted MYW tickets sold at SOG for other non military family members? (This would be our adult children and their families)
Yes, you can buy regular MYW tickets with no problem. Ask at your local ITT/MWR - if they don't stock them, they should be able to order them for you and may have a better price and be more convenient than SOG.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #307
arkhamboy
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for the information in this thread.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #308
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Can someone tell me if this will work or if this is the best deal? We will be traveling to Disney under the spring discount staying at POR. It will be myself my DH, my 2 DS 4&9, and my mother. We want to get the dining plan and more than 4 days in the parks. We were going to get a one day base ticket and add the dining plan to change our RO into a package then get the Military tickets. My father wont be going so we cant get the room and dining and tickets all in one. Will this work??? Or is the best way to save money?

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS ,DMOM,DB , DSIL,DAunt
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #309
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
Can someone tell me if this will work or if this is the best deal? We will be traveling to Disney under the spring discount staying at POR. It will be myself my DH, my 2 DS 4&9, and my mother. We want to get the dining plan and more than 4 days in the parks. We were going to get a one day base ticket and add the dining plan to change our RO into a package then get the Military tickets. My father wont be going so we cant get the room and dining and tickets all in one. Will this work??? Or is the best way to save money?
Who is the service member? If it is your father, he must present himself with his military ID at a Park ticket window to activate the Armed Forces Salute tickets.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #310
julluvsdisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Who is the service member? If it is your father, he must present himself with his military ID at a Park ticket window to activate the Armed Forces Salute tickets.
My father is the service member. My mother is the spouse. I thought the spouse can buy 6 tickets also? She was able to do it in 2011 at the gate at the magic kingdom. Has it changed?

WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *
Old 03-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #311
Steve TLT

Quote:
My father is the service member. My mother is the spouse. I thought the spouse can buy 6 tickets also? She was able to do it in 2011 at the gate at the magic kingdom. Has it changed?
Hi, no it hasn't changed. Your mom as a military spouse is entitled to 6 Armed Forces Salute tickets (one of which must be for her).

You said you were using the spring discount (not sure how much that is as I don't follow general public discounts) did you look into the Armed Forces Salute discount? 35% off at POR.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #312
julluvsdisney

Quote:
Hi, no it hasn't changed. Your mom as a military spouse is entitled to 6 Armed Forces Salute tickets (one of which must be for her).

You said you were using the spring discount (not sure how much that is as I don't follow general public discounts) did you look into the Armed Forces Salute discount? 35% off at POR.
Can my mother get that even though shes the spouse? That would be amazing if that was the deal! Im getting 25% off now but an additional 10% would be awesome! Every dollar counts!!

Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #313
Steve TLT

Quote:
Can my mother get that even though shes the spouse? That would be amazing if that was the deal! Im getting 25% off now but an additional 10% would be awesome! Every dollar counts!!
Yes, she sure can! Spouses are eligible for the Armed Forces Salute room discounts at both WDW and DL (not the cruise line though).

Old 03-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #314
julluvsdisney

Quote:
Yes, she sure can! Spouses are eligible for the Armed Forces Salute room discounts at both WDW and DL (not the cruise line though).
That's amazing! You just made my day! Thank you so much!!!!!!! We will have to call and fix that!!

Old 03-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #315
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's amazing! You just made my day! Thank you so much!!!!!!! We will have to call and fix that!!
And also wanted to add, if you are using the military discount, you do not need to add the one day base ticket in order to add the dining plan to make it a package.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: