DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #16
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 View Post
I have the email from sharon that says so.
That's disappointing.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #17
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS ®

Effective January 1, 2012

Standard of Practice 1-6

REALTORS® shall submit offers and counter-offers objectively and as quickly as possible. (Adopted 1/93, Amended 1/95)

(Emphasis added)
Just sayin'...

Standards of Practice 1-7 and 1-8 also set standards for listing brokers and buyers brokers continuing to submit offers until an acceptance occurs.

Last edited by JimMIA; 03-19-2013 at 07:57 PM.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post

Standard of Practice 1-6

REALTORS® shall submit offers and counter-offers objectively and as quickly as possible. (Adopted 1/93, Amended 1/95)

(Emphasis added)
Just sayin'...

Standards of Practice 1-7 and 1-8 also set standards for listing brokers and buyers brokers continuing to submit offers until an acceptance occurs.
Oh i totally agree! I submitted a 1st offer thru **** & they said it would take a couple days. I asked why & Was told "we work our own customers offers before we work the co broke offers." I had to retract the offer to not lose out. Now it turns out that the contract didn't work out anyway because it was a foreign seller & they wanted full price so we went with another direct thru fidelity.
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #19
nkosiek
Mouseketeer

Sharon might be great but it appears as though others could take a lesson. I understand that sellers might not get back right away on an offer, but the agent needs to do some work to move things along. I emailed someone over there in regards to where an offer stands and if there's no movement could they look at a few other listings and even though there were hours left in the business day, I got nothing in return. Someone needs customer service training.
nkosiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #20
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post

Standard of Practice 1-6

(Emphasis added)
Just sayin'...

She has told me the same thing about waiting to get back to cobroker calls, but I always took it to mean until after she had finished with her own direct callers, like me.

That would still be as soon as possible because she can't return all calls at the same time.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #21
wordwitt
Mouseketeer

Pretty happy with both places

I just put an offer in with Sharon on HH (no answer yet from seller), but she was genuinely happy for me about my little BWV contract that was just sent to ROFR, even though I purchased through another agency (TSS). BTW, I have just as many good things to say about Jason at TSS. Made an offer one day. Scanned and emailed our paperwork the next business day (yesterday), and within 30 minutes of sending it was notified it had been sent to Disney. Today, contacted by Magic Vacation Title re: escrow/closing instructions (assuming Disney doesn't exercise ROFR).
wordwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #22
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

After reading this thread it got me thinking - I had called Fidelity about a contract that was just listed (did not talk to Sharon) and I was told that the contract had an offer on it but it had not been excepted as of yet - I told her I was interested in the contract and would offer full asking price. I then said "I assume that right now a full offer is what is out there because it is a good deal" she said "well I really cannot say but I think there is a good chance the sellers will not take the offer so let me take you name and number and if sellers do not accept I will give you a call" I thought that was strange considering if I was the seller and had not yet accepted an offer and another offer came in I would want to know about it. I never got a call back so after day 2 I called back and was told the contract was sold.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
nkosiek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
After reading this thread it got me thinking - I had called Fidelity about a contract that was just listed (did not talk to Sharon) and I was told that the contract had an offer on it but it had not been excepted as of yet - I told her I was interested in the contract and would offer full asking price. I then said "I assume that right now a full offer is what is out there because it is a good deal" she said "well I really cannot say but I think there is a good chance the sellers will not take the offer so let me take you name and number and if sellers do not accept I will give you a call" I thought that was strange considering if I was the seller and had not yet accepted an offer and another offer came in I would want to know about it. I never got a call back so after day 2 I called back and was told the contract was sold.
This is exactly what I've dealt with there too.
nkosiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #24
quinnc19
DIS Veteran

I have used Fidelity twice before and have been satisfied. However, I did not have a good experience with them this past week (but it did not involve Sharon). They did not get back to me about offers, even when I said I wanted to pursue additional contracts. I think they were swamped with offers and I was also told their contract person would be out most of the week. I did have a very good experience with the TSS and would definitely use them again. A contract would have to be incredible for me to consider Fidelity, especially since they added the $195 administrative fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkosiek View Post
Sharon might be great but it appears as though others could take a lesson. I understand that sellers might not get back right away on an offer, but the agent needs to do some work to move things along. I emailed someone over there in regards to where an offer stands and if there's no movement could they look at a few other listings and even though there were hours left in the business day, I got nothing in return. Someone needs customer service training.

Last edited by quinnc19; 03-20-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Clarification
quinnc19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #25
DVC Sue
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Sharon WAS great. We used her of all of our add on purchases and were extremely pleased.
DVC Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #26
rojen
Mouseketeer

Really depends on the day at Fidelity. Been through the process with them twice, and doing it again this week. Monday and Tuesday I was getting responses within minutes. Today, I've been sitting around all day waiting to hear back. They definitely work on their own schedule there.
rojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #27
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

I still can't get anybody to even call me back.
Sucks that they have the contracts I am interested in.
At least TSS has someone responding to my first email.
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #28
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
I would think a full price offer should trump any other offer. Seems like a disservice to the seller not to inform them of a full price offer.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #29
TigBaby
New to DVC

Hi! After reading posts about Sharon, and seeing a listing that I liked on Fidelity's website, I called the general 800 number and asked for Sharon. She called me back a few hours later, and I submitted my bid. That was last Thursday. On Monday morning, she called me back to say my offer was accepted. But she warned me that they are kind of understaffed right now, and it might take more than 2-3 days to get the contract emailed to me. Disappointing, but I appreciated her candor, and am now waiting patiently for my contract.

By the way, I purchased my last contract through Jamie at TTS...she is fabulous and I would highly recommend her and TTS. They just didn't have a contract that I could use.
TigBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #30
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojen View Post
Really depends on the day at Fidelity. Been through the process with them twice, and doing it again this week. Monday and Tuesday I was getting responses within minutes. Today, I've been sitting around all day waiting to hear back. They definitely work on their own schedule there.
I also know they update their website on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I bet right now Wed. and Fri they are swamped with fielding calls, getting offers and contacting sellers. They are for sure under staffed but it seems that is how they always operate!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: