Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #2041
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshP View Post
So exited for our first trip to POP May 3-10! Only stayed at moderate, but honestly, we only shower and sleep in there, so why waste your money?! Any creative tips (Besides the tie dye cheesecake!) for a first timer here?
Thanks!
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I'm not sure that this is a creative tip, but it is interesting to me. Check out the shadow boxes in the lobby of the hotel for all the memorabilia they've featured. It's really quite a collection and, depending on how old you are, will bring back some memories. Also, I like taking a stroll (or run) along "memory lane" which is the walkway near the lake. They've put up informational signs about significant events during the various decades. Also, now that AoA is complete, that walkway goes all around the lake and it is fun to check out AoA's landscaping, etc.

All that takes time away from the parks, etc., but I enjoy it. (I don't like the tie-dyed cheesecake, so ymmv )
JoshP....Sandi mentioned the shadow boxes and memory lane with the Trivia/Fab signs... I also think the pools are kind of neat... for instance, the computer pool also includes the accessories with the restroom/changing area being the "hard drive", plus the giant keyboard, the screen, floppy disks..... check out the song titles of the jukebox at the 50s pools.. ditto for the 8 track titles in the 70s...

if you have kids, the games/activities at the pool are always fun...you can join in doing the hustle in the lobby at 6pm...or play a life size game of twister in the 70s, etc.

So much to see if one walks around the resort... you will have fun! Enjoy!

p.s. we like the tie-dye cheesecake... plus we really like the chocolate crossiants ... and the King cupcake too (although suggest you share, it's rich :

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #2042
sweetcarolinamoma
Mouseketeer

Sooooo excited! just booked this morning a surprise early celebration trip for myself and DD. she will turn 18 tomorrow. she and i are going to disney in april to celebrate her birthday and high school graduation.

we have never stayed at pop before! cant wait!

she is gonna flip!

wife to DH mom to 19 14 Jack Bailey Bentley

Allstar Music Nov. 2001 -Allstar Movies Nov. 2003-
Coronado Springs & Caribbean Beach June 2008
Boardwalk Villas Oct-Nov. 2008- Coronado Springs Nov. 2009. Art of Animation Nov. 2012

SURPRISE graduation trip with DD. Pop Century April 2013.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #2043
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

Quote:

I'm not sure that this is a creative tip, but it is interesting to me. Check out the shadow boxes in the lobby of the hotel for all the memorabilia they've featured. It's really quite a collection and, depending on how old you are, will bring back some memories. Also, I like taking a stroll (or run) along "memory lane" which is the walkway near the lake. They've put up informational signs about significant events during the various decades. Also, now that AoA is complete, that walkway goes all around the lake and it is fun to check out AoA's landscaping, etc.

All that takes time away from the parks, etc., but I enjoy it. (I don't like the tie-dyed cheesecake, so ymmv )
The Shadow boxes are really, you will find something you remember. It's like a mini museum inside the resort lobby.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

Old 03-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #2044
eeyorethegreat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcarolinamoma View Post
Sooooo excited! just booked this morning a surprise early celebration trip for myself and DD. she will turn 18 tomorrow. she and i are going to disney in april to celebrate her birthday and high school graduation.

we have never stayed at pop before! cant wait!

she is gonna flip!
We are going in April as well to celebrate my son's upcoming graduation!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #2045
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Hi I'm sorry if this has been posted already but does anyone have a suggestion on room request for a standard room. I want to try to get something close to food court and busses. Thanks so much!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #2046
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Hi I'm sorry if this has been posted already but does anyone have a suggestion on room request for a standard room. I want to try to get something close to food court and busses. Thanks so much!
Building 5, lake view is standard and right by Classic Hall. That's where I was in December and it took me maybe 2 minutes top to get from my room to Classic Hall for everything.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #2047
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshP View Post

Thanks! Excited to see AoA as well. We'll try the cheesecake, and let you know!
Josh
P.S. GO GREEN! (Right next to you! Frandor area. Good to see another EL person on here!)
Very cool. So glad to see both our men's and women's BB teams get good seeds in the tourneys.

I will be interested to hear how you like the cheesecake.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #2048
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

JoshP....Sandi mentioned the shadow boxes and memory lane with the Trivia/Fab signs... I also think the pools are kind of neat... for instance, the computer pool also includes the accessories with the restroom/changing area being the "hard drive", plus the giant keyboard, the screen, floppy disks..... check out the song titles of the jukebox at the 50s pools.. ditto for the 8 track titles in the 70s...

if you have kids, the games/activities at the pool are always fun...you can join in doing the hustle in the lobby at 6pm...or play a life size game of twister in the 70s, etc.

So much to see if one walks around the resort... you will have fun! Enjoy!

p.s. we like the tie-dye cheesecake... plus we really like the chocolate crossiants ... and the King cupcake too (although suggest you share, it's rich :
They make a great milkshake with cookies and cream ice cream at Pop, too. It is almost as good as the MSU dairy store's. Josh will understand!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #2049
JoshP
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to try all of this. Love cookies and cream (But at the Dairy Store... Sesquicentennial Swirl all the way!).
Thanks!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #2050
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

Building 5, lake view is standard and right by Classic Hall. That's where I was in December and it took me maybe 2 minutes top to get from my room to Classic Hall for everything.
Thanks!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #2051
tarheelblue8853
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Hey thanks! I was wondering the same thing. Also really enjoy your trip report from that trip!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #2052
ricosuave
Mouseketeer

Pop question- I paid for a preferred room and want to closest to transportation. ( I have a 4 & 6 yr old). I'm a light sleeper so I don't want pool view. Can someone help with a good building/ room request?? Thank you in advance!!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #2053
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
They make a great milkshake with cookies and cream ice cream at Pop, too.
Oh my god

I LOVE cookies and cream milkshakes

I should just stop eating now, so I can make room for the insane amount of calories I'm going to be consuming come May
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 03-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #2054
bookbunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosuave View Post
Pop question- I paid for a preferred room and want to closest to transportation. ( I have a 4 & 6 yr old). I'm a light sleeper so I don't want pool view. Can someone help with a good building/ room request?? Thank you in advance!!
Building 10. I have book preferred rooms and the last two times we have gone, they have given us Building 10. It is both near the food court and the transportation. Plus the Hippy Dippy Pool is close but not too close where it will be disturbing.

9/2013, 2/2013, 9/2012, 9/2005, 9/2002, 9/2000 - "POP Century"
9/1998, 9/1996 - "All Star Movie"
9/1994 - "All Star Music"
summer of 80's - Stayed with family

Dined @: Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co, Cape May Café, T-Rex, Crossroads at House of Blues, Fulton's Crab House, Cap n' Jack's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe', Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Tony's Town Square, Teppan Edo, Hard Rock Cafe'......
Old 03-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #2055
Jacoby 46
Run Disney in November!

My family will be at Pop for the first time in 17 days!! We are all soooo excited! We haven't been to Disney in 4 years, so we hope to see everything we want in those 8 days!!!! Can't wait!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: