Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #31
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about the Dream.

Jill in CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threehuggers View Post
We just booked our first ever cruise on the Dream and am looking forward to hearing more of your experience! On the edge of my seat....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkochrn View Post
Hey there! I was on the same cruise, excited to hear what your experience was like. This was my families first EVER cruise..
Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
I'm in too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
A chance to get back aboard the Dream (even a vicarious one), that’s for me!
Count me in on the trip!

I need to try to spend an evening at Fishlips the next time we’re actually able to get back to Port Canaveral. The chance to watch the other ships heading out would be a real bonus.

As for not showing up in many of the pictures…
That sound just like my family. I know they’re beautiful, but they beg to differ.
We are all in agreement though that I really ought not be in very many pictures.

Thanks for joining in everyone. Another update coming up in a few minutes.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #32
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Part 2 - let's get aboard!

When I last left off it was early in the evening and we had all fallen asleep really early. It is now 6:30 am March 3rd, the day we get to board our floating home for the next 4 night and the nearly 10 hours of sleep was just what the doctored ordered.

One of the benefits of staying at a Hamption Inn is that they provide a pretty decent hot breakfast. So we got ready and headed down to the eating area to grab some grub.

This was our view as we left the room.

You can just make out the Dream's stacks

It seemed there were a few cruisers in the hotel as the food area was pretty busy. We found a table next to an older couple and over the next 30 minutes or so they filled many people in on their history. One interesting fact was they were about to embark on their 41st and 42nd cruises.

We eventually packed up the car, unsuccessfully tried to find a Starbucks, returned the car to the Enterprise location and jumped on their shuttle to the port. We were the only people on the shuttle heading for the Dream, everyone else was headed for the Freedom of the Seas.

The shuttle dropped us off around 11, we were right through security and headed for check-in. When I saw the line I thought we were in for a long wait as the line ended near the end of the queue. In fact, we were through in less than 15 minutes and eventually headed out on the observation deck for some pictures.

And then back inside to wait for the boarding call as we were group 3.

In no time as all we were headed through those ears, had our picture taken and heading up the gangplank into the atrium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWXEK...ature=youtu.be

That part is all bit of a blur. I don't remember much of what we were told other than the cabin would be ready around 1:30 and Cabana's was open for lunch.

Before heading up we looked around a bit.

Continued in the next post
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #33
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Found the entrance to the Walt Disney Theatre, it was set up for the first night's show, The Golden Mickeys.

After looking around we headed up to Cabana's and had our first look at our verandah from the seating area.

And then headed in for some lunch. It is a very good buffet and everyday you can get all the shrimp and crab legs you want.

More later on.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 03-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #34
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

The last couple of times we were on a DCL ship, we were also about the only ones on the shuttle that weren’t headed to a different line. I suspect that there must be a lot more folks using the M/E then staying in the area hotels (that or it was just random dumb luck both times).

Spending only about 15 minutes in the queue doesn’t surprise me either. They are surprisingly efficient at getting you on to the magic a quickly as possible.

I also like the video of y’all being introduced when you boarded the Dream. That’s one of those touches that DCL add which just makes it a little bit more special. Just remember if you go back, they’ll introduce you in whatever manner you want. Having already been introduced by name twice before, we chose to be welcomed aboard the last time as “Experiment 627”. The junior officer that met us at the gangway got a bit of a chuckle out of that one.

Looking forward to the next update…
I miss being on Disney’s ships.
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #35
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
The last couple of times we were on a DCL ship, we were also about the only ones on the shuttle that werent headed to a different line. I suspect that there must be a lot more folks using the M/E then staying in the area hotels (that or it was just random dumb luck both times).

Spending only about 15 minutes in the queue doesnt surprise me either. They are surprisingly efficient at getting you on to the magic a quickly as possible.

I also like the video of yall being introduced when you boarded the Dream. Thats one of those touches that DCL add which just makes it a little bit more special. Just remember if you go back, theyll introduce you in whatever manner you want. Having already been introduced by name twice before, we chose to be welcomed aboard the last time as Experiment 627. The junior officer that met us at the gangway got a bit of a chuckle out of that one.

Looking forward to the next update&
I miss being on Disneys ships.

That was part of the reason you can hear DW telling him to say "The Donald Duck Family". We read about your introduction on your trip report.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Last edited by declansdad; 03-19-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #36
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
That was part of the reason you can here DW telling him to say "The Donald Duck Family". We read about your introduction on your trip report.
Missed that detail the first time through (had the volume down a might). Next time then. Your moving right along on this TR. Looking forward to hearing the next part of the story.
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #37
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I heard the cruise immediately after yours on the Dream was the the one to be one, but I'd like to hear your experiences too!
I hope he left a surprise hidden for you. Did you look around? In any event, I'm reading along. I guess that means I'll read your as well Barry. You are doing a report, right?

DW wants to take a cruise. Looks like we may try to do 2015 when Norm is planning his trip. I hear a mutiny is in the works.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #38
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Missed that detail the first time through (had the volume down a might). Next time then. Your moving right along on this TR. Looking forward to hearing the next part of the story.

Trying to get as much done before going back to Florida next week.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #39
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
I hope he left a surprise hidden for you. Did you look around? In any event, I'm reading along. I guess that means I'll read your as well Barry. You are doing a report, right?

DW wants to take a cruise. Looks like we may try to do 2015 when Norm is planning his trip. I hear a mutiny is in the works.

Well there are pirates on board.

No hidden surprises, he wouldn't tell me what cabin he was in.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 03-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #40
Traveler4Life
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad
or I don't want to do that again.

We made a stop at the Publix to pick up some snacks and drinks for the cruise and headed back to the hotel. I think by about 8 pm we were all asleep. I mean it was only about 36 hours straight for me so why would I be tired?

Next up - embarkation day.
Were you able to bring snacks onboard in your checked bags or were they in your carry-on?
Traveler4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #41
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler4Life View Post
Were you able to bring snacks onboard in your checked bags or were they in your carry-on?

I think the snacks were for the hotel, I don't think we brought anything onboard except some beer and wine.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 03-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #42
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

great pics, video darcy!!! im gettin sea sick already.
was that an empty bar?????
dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #43
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
great pics, video darcy!!! im gettin sea sick already.
was that an empty bar?????

It was only empty because we were still in port and it hadn't opened yet.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 03-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #44
Grooovertoo
DIS Dad #572

Ohhh, a TR about my home....joining in!
DisDAD Member #572 Dave Darla & Dana (9)
Grooovertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #45
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooovertoo View Post
Ohhh, a TR about my home....joining in!
You've got a pretty cool house and it has lots of guest rooms..

me dw (pooksma) ds

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: