Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Why Do I Keep Looking @ Other Resorts After I Book?

I am driving myself nuts (not a long drive mind you).....A while back I had us booked at POR. Previously we have stayed at CSR and Pop and enjoyed both. Well, I had to cancel our trip.....was able to re-book but POR was booked for our dates so I booked Pop again but this time with a preferred pool view. Apparently I can't leave well enough alone so I keep looking at other resorts I can switch to for about the same price. Can do CBR (but a standard room) for $100 more or CSR (again standard) for $200 more. I remember CSR very well and I know that means a looooooong walk to anywhere, but at least it is a gorgeous walk.....I know CBR is huge and although I am not familiar with it I know it's going to be a long walk as well......Part of me says stay at Pop as last year we never even toured it and I really wanted to see all the oversized "toys" and walk to the lake ove to A0A (although we did drive there one night and invade their food court).....We will do the waterparks so the pools are not that big an issue, although the kids do enjoy a waterslide, it is not a deal breaker. Have to stay within a certain budget so those are my only choices.......Can someone come to my house and slap some sense into me

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
I am driving myself nuts (not a long drive mind you).....A while back I had us booked at POR. Previously we have stayed at CSR and Pop and enjoyed both. Well, I had to cancel our trip.....was able to re-book but POR was booked for our dates so I booked Pop again but this time with a preferred pool view. Apparently I can't leave well enough alone so I keep looking at other resorts I can switch to for about the same price. Can do CBR (but a standard room) for $100 more or CSR (again standard) for $200 more. I remember CSR very well and I know that means a looooooong walk to anywhere, but at least it is a gorgeous walk.....I know CBR is huge and although I am not familiar with it I know it's going to be a long walk as well......Part of me says stay at Pop as last year we never even toured it and I really wanted to see all the oversized "toys" and walk to the lake ove to A0A (although we did drive there one night and invade their food court).....We will do the waterparks so the pools are not that big an issue, although the kids do enjoy a waterslide, it is not a deal breaker. Have to stay within a certain budget so those are my only choices.......Can someone come to my house and slap some sense into me
Hi Dixiemom,
Yep, that happens to a lot of us. It's not such a bad thing, in fact, there's a happy thread of Resort Changers who share their possible (as well as latest) changes. Sounds like you'd fit right in.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072397
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
lobsterslayer
Earning My Ears

Sorry I can't help you. Our latest vacation started as 9 nights at CSR preffereed room, then I changed it to 5 nights CSR 4 nights BCR, next I changed it to 9 nights BCR, next was 9 nights BCR water view and now it is 9 nights BCR CL. I still find myself looking for other options and we only have 20 days till we leave.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Dear Lord it's contagious!!!

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Old 03-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

I only keep looking for a better deal..we were planning on value (we pay for two rooms, two families) and I found a discount so were able to upgrade from value to moderate...now waiting for the new Disney discount program to see if that might be a better savings..Although it will probably mean changing resorts as we are at POFQ...

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Ahahaha I think it is part of the fun. We leave in 24 days and Disney probably sees my number and is like "Block that nut" We were originally booked 8 nights at AOA LM room, changed it to 3 nights AOA and 5 nights POR, then changed my mind again to 6 nights POR 2 nights CL at BWI to our final change and one I am not toying with... 5 nights POR RR and 3 nights standard at BWI Doesn't stop me from looking though

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Mynamewastaken, is there a support group for people like us?

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Old 03-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Im awful too! Started out with my heart set on AKL. Then decided POR would be good to save some money. Hmm.....but wait...POFQ looks nice! So POFQ it is. Then, I think, oh wow....WL looks good and its all in one building! So WL it will be. (I think.)

So no, its not just you! lol

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #9
policycobb
DIS Veteran

I can't even decide where to stay! I wanted to book today. It's driving me insane. We are only staying three days after our Dream cruise in October. My DD wants to stay in a LM room at AoA but then changed her mind and wants to go to Sea World because she saw an ad, my other half could care less, I am just undecided. I am afraid I will make the wrong decision. We have stayed at WL (can't afford), POR, POFQ, CS, and CBR. What to do?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: