Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #646
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

I have a new Tickler! Jet Blue has not released their November flights yet but we found a deal for Jersey Week that we could not pass up.

Jeanette we missed you, like the change to WL

Snow and ice will winter ever end?

Have a good day and be safe.

I came home from shopping yesterday and could not get to my house all roads were blocked, fire trucks and emergency vehicles everywhere. There was a gas explosion and fire on the next street over was so bad the tore it down last night. Luckily no one hurt the people got out safely.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #647
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.
 
Piglets Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania....way too far north of the Mouse!
Posts: 7,372

Hi ladies! I finally caught up again! Martina's art show was great...she had so much fun showing us all of her artwork. She went to a birthday party on Sat at a place called "Painting with a Twist" where she did a beautiful rendition of the Eiffel tower and a poodle. Her BFF kept saying that Martina made a Minnie Mouse poodle. It took me a while, but then I noticed that she used the technique they taught us in the drawing class we did on the Dream for Minnie's bow to make her poodle's bow. She slept over and of course had a blast.

We saw Oz on Sunday in 3D and loved it. The 3D effects were great! It was a good family movie...enough action for the boys, but not so much that Martina was scared.

Have a great day, everyone!!!
__________________
DH Me DS ,13 DD,10
Piglets Mommy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #648
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I have a new Tickler! Jet Blue has not released their November flights yet but we found a deal for Jersey Week that we could not pass up.

Jeanette we missed you, like the change to WL

Snow and ice will winter ever end?

Have a good day and be safe.

I came home from shopping yesterday and could not get to my house all roads were blocked, fire trucks and emergency vehicles everywhere. There was a gas explosion and fire on the next street over was so bad the tore it down last night. Luckily no one hurt the people got out safely.
What type of deal .... room, flight, etc???? What are your dates? Maybe we'll be there at the same time???? I'd really like that!!!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #649
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,741

Miss: HUgs to you, it is not easy. I would've emailed the teacher too! Hope she had a good day today.

Janet: No worries, I miss a lot of things here too! When I saw how cheap airfare was for all five of us to fly down it made me think we should take the kiddos. Also, we were going to leave them with my parents, and at that time my mom was having her heart issues, and my dad has nosebleed issues. They are fine now, but at the time I thought if something ever happened to either of of them while they were looking after the kids, it would be terrible.

Although I know we will have an amazing time, part of me is a little sad as i know DH and I do desperately need some time alone together. I will find a way to get us a weekend at Disney together. Now that we have AP's, it should be easier right???
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #650
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I have a new Tickler! Jet Blue has not released their November flights yet but we found a deal for Jersey Week that we could not pass up.

Jeanette we missed you, like the change to WL

Snow and ice will winter ever end?

Have a good day and be safe.

I came home from shopping yesterday and could not get to my house all roads were blocked, fire trucks and emergency vehicles everywhere. There was a gas explosion and fire on the next street over was so bad the tore it down last night. Luckily no one hurt the people got out safely.
Sheila: Scary about the explosion!! Thank goodness it was not near your house, and also that the people got out ok. Yay for booking flights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Hi ladies! I finally caught up again! Martina's art show was great...she had so much fun showing us all of her artwork. She went to a birthday party on Sat at a place called "Painting with a Twist" where she did a beautiful rendition of the Eiffel tower and a poodle. Her BFF kept saying that Martina made a Minnie Mouse poodle. It took me a while, but then I noticed that she used the technique they taught us in the drawing class we did on the Dream for Minnie's bow to make her poodle's bow. She slept over and of course had a blast.

We saw Oz on Sunday in 3D and loved it. The 3D effects were great! It was a good family movie...enough action for the boys, but not so much that Martina was scared.

Have a great day, everyone!!!
Pigletsmommy: We saw Oz too! I really liked it...I love Wizard of Oz, and I loved how they explained a lot of things! We only saw it in regular screen, but i was saying to DH I bet it would've been amazing in 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
What type of deal .... room, flight, etc???? What are your dates? Maybe we'll be there at the same time???? I'd really like that!!!
I am curious too!!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #651
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,939

Sheila, congrats on booking the POLY!! Did I count right... are you checking in on 11/3?? (and that was scary about the gas exposion, very lucky no one was hurt.)

Piglets Mommy, congrats again to Martina on the art show. Sure her drawing looked great!

Jen, of yes, now I remember Jen! (when you put it down like that ) Think you will really enjoy having the kids along for the May trip.. How about planning on a F&G long weekend next year? Perhaps early March (when prices are lower?)

Miss we have all been in your shoes....did get a reply from the teacher?... Hopefully Miss M is getting back in the swing of school ...and yes, the weekend can't come too soon. After being gone last weekend, there is much to do at home to get caught up on.... Limping along until Friday happy hour ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Janet--I hope this change sticks. I figure Kook is going to think I've lost (what's left...) of my mind. At least I'm going from one Kooktastic resort to the other. Maybe I'll get extra credit.
Your snowday ideas sound like fun!
Well since the WL is Kook's first love...you should score some bonus points...
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #652
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
What type of deal .... room, flight, etc???? What are your dates? Maybe we'll be there at the same time???? I'd really like that!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Sheila, congrats on booking the POLY!! Did I count right... are you checking in on 11/3?? (and that was scary about the gas exposion, very lucky no one was hurt.)

Piglets Mommy, congrats again to Martina on the art show. Sure her drawing looked great!

Jen, of yes, now I remember Jen! (when you put it down like that ) Think you will really enjoy having the kids along for the May trip.. How about planning on a F&G long weekend next year? Perhaps early March (when prices are lower?)

Miss we have all been in your shoes....did get a reply from the teacher?... Hopefully Miss M is getting back in the swing of school ...and yes, the weekend can't come too soon. After being gone last weekend, there is much to do at home to get caught up on.... Limping along until Friday happy hour ....



Well since the WL is Kook's first love...you should score some bonus points...
Yes Janet You counted right checking in on Nov 3! We will be at the Poly from 11/3 to 11/8! I am so excited! Booked through a TA Shocked myself who was running a "Jersey Week" Special. All in all a savings of just shy of $600 on the room and tix. Disney does not usually offer anything that week so I had to grab this deal since we prefer going in November. Bob likes the idea of renting a Cabana for half a day! Anyone know if I can do tht or do I have to have the TA reserve the Cabana for me?

Is there a list of upcoming trips?

If I can get photobucket to cooperate will post a pic of the house it was close from my backyard I was scared windows blew out and my poor bella all alone at home but no damage other than burnt debis in the yard. Poor baby was so stressed she slept from 2 yesterday afternoon until 11pm last night.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #653
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Miss: HUgs to you, it is not easy. I would've emailed the teacher too! Hope she had a good day today.

Janet: No worries, I miss a lot of things here too! When I saw how cheap airfare was for all five of us to fly down it made me think we should take the kiddos. Also, we were going to leave them with my parents, and at that time my mom was having her heart issues, and my dad has nosebleed issues. They are fine now, but at the time I thought if something ever happened to either of of them while they were looking after the kids, it would be terrible.

Although I know we will have an amazing time, part of me is a little sad as i know DH and I do desperately need some time alone together. I will find a way to get us a weekend at Disney together. Now that we have AP's, it should be easier right???
How old are the kids? Could you drop them at an activity center and at least have an evening just the two of you?
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #654
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,801

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Hi my lovelies!!!

Miss everyone~

I have been lurking via cell at work. Between work, school and little sleep No good

But I am popping in with a change...SHOCKING!!!

I switched both nights to a Honeymoon room at WL

Apparantly DH saw the email from WL...he didn't open but he figured it out..then he replied he hates changing rooms, but he was excited for WL...so I called and switched the 1st night That he will not find out until we get on the ME bus

Note to all my lovely RCers~the Honeymoon room was included in last years BB and this year's AP discount
Grats on the move. I just love the WL!! I could sit in that lobby all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Lately DH has been grumbling that May was supposed to be just for us...., I may have to swing a little weekend trip in for just us too.
Hopefully y'all can get away just the two of you. I would love to do that with the DH, but I think I'll save it for our 20th anniversary and do something big, like Hawaii or England/Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I am happy, touring plans has our dates up on their site for free right now and so far we are going to all of the recommended parks! That makes me a happy girl! I am under 60 days now, but cannot do online check in as we Canadians are still not getting My Disney Experience on the website. Boo.

Hi to all! Have a great day!

jen
Well if they weren't up, I have a subscription and would have gotten the info for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
On another subject, I donít know if they were having a bad week, but I had the hardest time getting a couple of pretty basic questions answered by CR IPO. They didnít seem very friendly at all, either in email or on the phone. I dunno, but it left me feeling like staying there might not be a good fit for us. Sunday I was kind of unhappy about this, and decided Iíd rather change. I called, and went with 2 nights at the Wilderness Lodge.
Monday morning, 7:15am, guess what popped in my email? A very nice, warm welcome from WL IPO! I didnít have to do anything, they initiated contact on their own. It was a good decision.

Hope everyone has a nice Tuesday!
WOO HOO!! I love the WL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I'm popping in for a quick hello and to my RC pals.

Miss all of you. Thanks for the support with not letting me think I'm too insane with my germy kiddo. I appreciate it more than you know! (Walk to school this morning was not pleasant in the slightest; I felt so bad I just sent the teacher an email to ask if Miss M was doing okay. I'm already ready for the weekend.)
I hope she had a good day at school today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I came home from shopping yesterday and could not get to my house all roads were blocked, fire trucks and emergency vehicles everywhere. There was a gas explosion and fire on the next street over was so bad the tore it down last night. Luckily no one hurt the people got out safely.
That is scary!! I'm glad no one was hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Hi ladies! I finally caught up again! Martina's art show was great...she had so much fun showing us all of her artwork. She went to a birthday party on Sat at a place called "Painting with a Twist" where she did a beautiful rendition of the Eiffel tower and a poodle. Her BFF kept saying that Martina made a Minnie Mouse poodle. It took me a while, but then I noticed that she used the technique they taught us in the drawing class we did on the Dream for Minnie's bow to make her poodle's bow. She slept over and of course had a blast.

We saw Oz on Sunday in 3D and loved it. The 3D effects were great! It was a good family movie...enough action for the boys, but not so much that Martina was scared.

Have a great day, everyone!!!
It sounds like a great place to have a party.

We all liked Oz as well. I loved the little porcelain girl.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Although I know we will have an amazing time, part of me is a little sad as i know DH and I do desperately need some time alone together. I will find a way to get us a weekend at Disney together. Now that we have AP's, it should be easier right???



Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
If I can get photobucket to cooperate will post a pic of the house it was close from my backyard I was scared windows blew out and my poor bella all alone at home but no damage other than burnt debis in the yard. Poor baby was so stressed she slept from 2 yesterday afternoon until 11pm last night.
Poor Bella. Does she get scared in thunderstorms as well? My mom's furbabies climb in bed with her during thunderstorms and shake uncontrollably.

Well tomorrow is the day ladies. I should have our tax return. Then when the DH gets home from work, we'll get on Priceline and try and get a hotel on the Riverwalk. In just a little over a week, I'll be walking the Riverwalk with my three men. I am going to have the biggest margarita they have on the menu.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #655
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Grats on the move. I just love the WL!! I could sit in that lobby all day



Poor Bella. Does she get scared in thunderstorms as well? My mom's furbabies climb in bed with her during thunderstorms and shake uncontrollably.

Well tomorrow is the day ladies. I should have our tax return. Then when the DH gets home from work, we'll get on Priceline and try and get a hotel on the Riverwalk. In just a little over a week, I'll be walking the Riverwalk with my three men. I am going to have the biggest margarita they have on the menu.
Wookie Bella totally freaks out during storms and even when she hears the emergency broadcast noise on the tv lately and she does climb up with me
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #656
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran
 
LuvLuvLuv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Davenport, FL
Posts: 4,020

Hello All

So I quit my job last Friday. Just quit. There's only so much a person can take, and I think everyone knows how unhappy I was. DH said it was okay, and I've been applying and interviewing, just waiting for the right offer.

I haven't said anything on Facebook because there's no need for my MIL to find out that I'm not working. I've been busy though. Organizing, steam cleaned the carpets, lots of projects, laundry... all things I've put off too long!

My friend is coming the 2nd week in April and staying at the WL. I'm excited to see the new rooms for myself!! I also have BCV booked for 4 nights in September. If a job comes thru quick, I'll have my birthday at YC, but for now.... I'm holding off.

I'm glad I'll have more time to spend with my RC'ers now I miss you guys like crazy!!!
__________________
Deena
LuvLuvLuv is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #657
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Hello All

So I quit my job last Friday. Just quit. There's only so much a person can take, and I think everyone knows how unhappy I was. DH said it was okay, and I've been applying and interviewing, just waiting for the right offer.

I haven't said anything on Facebook because there's no need for my MIL to find out that I'm not working. I've been busy though. Organizing, steam cleaned the carpets, lots of projects, laundry... all things I've put off too long!

My friend is coming the 2nd week in April and staying at the WL. I'm excited to see the new rooms for myself!! I also have BCV booked for 4 nights in September. If a job comes thru quick, I'll have my birthday at YC, but for now.... I'm holding off.

I'm glad I'll have more time to spend with my RC'ers now I miss you guys like crazy!!!
You came to the right place to post about your epic change. That place didn't deserve you and you did the right thing. Does this mean you're going to apply at Central Casting? Something bigger and better is just around the corner for you
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #658
basketlacey
DIS Veteran
 
basketlacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,373

Hi friends! I have lots of catching up to do! I just read a couple of pages so far!


I wanted to check onMarie - any update from her today?
__________________
me dh dd15 ds12 dd9

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #659
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well that and this one time I went at like 2 AM to a Wal Mart I don't usually go to. I had on sweat pants, David's big jacket, no bra. I could wear a 1XL (or maybe 2XL), but I had the DH's old sweatpants on and they were a 3 XL, so they were baggy on me. These teenage punks would moo at me, and laugh between each other as they were walking away. This happened several times and I got sick of it. When they did it again, I followed them down the next isle they turned on and they picked stuff up to pretend they were looking at it. As I walked past, I said something like, "wow, that's really great of you to be moo'ing at someone who is 5 months pregnant with twins." As I was turning down the next isle I heard one tell the other one, as he slapped him on the arm, "you just said she was fat. You made me make fun of a pregnant lady." Of course I wasn't pregnant, but the point was to make them feel as bad and I let them make me feel for just a moment.

Joey is still having trouble with that punk. Today Joey was walking to the stairs to go to class and he had his earbuds in listening to his iPod (which they let them do between classes). This punk pushes Joey. Then in last period, as the punk was going to the bathroom, he walked by Joey and slapped him in the head as he walked past. My DH thinks I should let Joey have a few days to set him straight, but my mil thinks I need to call and talk to Joey's last period teacher. I'm not sure what to do. I know what I want to do, but I don't want to go to jail for smacking some kid and I don't want Joey to get the reputation for having his mommy fight his battles, which is also part of the reason I don't want to jump on the phone to the teacher.

I really dislike teenagers. I didn't like them when I was one, and I like them even less now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Hi my lovelies!!!

Miss everyone~

I have been lurking via cell at work. Between work, school and little sleep No good

But I am popping in with a change...SHOCKING!!!

I switched both nights to a Honeymoon room at WL

Apparantly DH saw the email from WL...he didn't open but he figured it out..then he replied he hates changing rooms, but he was excited for WL...so I called and switched the 1st night That he will not find out until we get on the ME bus

Note to all my lovely RCers~the Honeymoon room was included in last years BB and this year's AP discount
Hurray!! I love the change sis. You guys deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Marie-Thank you for posting the photo of our RC meet in Oct! I had such fun visiting with everyone! Please know your dh continues to be in my prayers.

Jen
-AwwwÖThanks for your sweet thoughts!

Pas
- Love the change!!

And in the whatís new departmentó
It is snowing, blowing snow, winds 25 mph, it looks like January out there. Iím in for the day.

On another subject, I donít know if they were having a bad week, but I had the hardest time getting a couple of pretty basic questions answered by CR IPO. They didnít seem very friendly at all, either in email or on the phone. I dunno, but it left me feeling like staying there might not be a good fit for us. Sunday I was kind of unhappy about this, and decided Iíd rather change. I called, and went with 2 nights at the Wilderness Lodge.
Monday morning, 7:15am, guess what popped in my email? A very nice, warm welcome from WL IPO! I didnít have to do anything, they initiated contact on their own. It was a good decision.

Hope everyone has a nice Tuesday!
Fantastic change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I have a new Tickler! Jet Blue has not released their November flights yet but we found a deal for Jersey Week that we could not pass up.

Jeanette we missed you, like the change to WL

Snow and ice will winter ever end?

Have a good day and be safe.

I came home from shopping yesterday and could not get to my house all roads were blocked, fire trucks and emergency vehicles everywhere. There was a gas explosion and fire on the next street over was so bad the tore it down last night. Luckily no one hurt the people got out safely.
Love the new ticker!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Yes Janet You counted right checking in on Nov 3! We will be at the Poly from 11/3 to 11/8! I am so excited! Booked through a TA Shocked myself who was running a "Jersey Week" Special. All in all a savings of just shy of $600 on the room and tix. Disney does not usually offer anything that week so I had to grab this deal since we prefer going in November. Bob likes the idea of renting a Cabana for half a day! Anyone know if I can do tht or do I have to have the TA reserve the Cabana for me?

Is there a list of upcoming trips?

If I can get photobucket to cooperate will post a pic of the house it was close from my backyard I was scared windows blew out and my poor bella all alone at home but no damage other than burnt debis in the yard. Poor baby was so stressed she slept from 2 yesterday afternoon until 11pm last night.
You can book the cabana yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Hello All

So I quit my job last Friday. Just quit. There's only so much a person can take, and I think everyone knows how unhappy I was. DH said it was okay, and I've been applying and interviewing, just waiting for the right offer.

I haven't said anything on Facebook because there's no need for my MIL to find out that I'm not working. I've been busy though. Organizing, steam cleaned the carpets, lots of projects, laundry... all things I've put off too long!

My friend is coming the 2nd week in April and staying at the WL. I'm excited to see the new rooms for myself!! I also have BCV booked for 4 nights in September. If a job comes thru quick, I'll have my birthday at YC, but for now.... I'm holding off.

I'm glad I'll have more time to spend with my RC'ers now I miss you guys like crazy!!!
I am happy for you Deena. You need a pleasant work environment. Too much stress is no good for your health. I am looking forward to meeting up in June!!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today has been the longest day ever. Worked till 5, then went straight to parent teacher night at Danimal's school. We are having trouble with another kid bothering him, and when he tells on the kid no one does anything so Danimal retaliates on his own. I do not approve of Danimal hitting the other kid but the school needs to step it. If someone was bothering me and getting away with it I know I would hit a breaking point. And we are talking about a class of special Ed kids classified as emotionally disturbed. It's been a long and exhausting night. Everyone points the finger. Every teacher said it wasn't in their class of course. So very frustrating. Tomorrow we go back to his developmental pediatrician. I have some videos to show her and hopefully this will get her to do something new for him. There's so much going on with him that it's hard to reign everything in and get him on track. Sorry to vent. Thanks for listening!
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #660
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,741

Dani: I hope you get some answers at the Dr., and at that school. I wish I could help you, but we are going through things too with other kids and struggling with the best approach too. But with it being special education that makes it even tougher. Big hugs....hang in there.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: