Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #31
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

No flames please. We are staying at BWV next month, but the bus service to the AK, MK and DTD is horrible. ( depending on time of year and day, you may share between 5 Epcot resorts)
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #32
housetomouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinCodyMom View Post
It's not that it's a make or break kinda thing. I'm sorry if it appeared that way. Previous trips, we had a ressie for TS every morning somewhere and the stress of getting there and perhaps missing rope drop, etc. made me wonder about not doing the morning TS thing and opting for a bounty platter or something. I'm checking out the menus and such and I can say emphatically that although it isn't what I was expecting, it's definitely not going to be the reason I don't stay at BC. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will be our pick. Everything else appeals to us. Each resort has some sort of drawback, right?. I'd love to stay at the Poly, but the no hot tub thing is a deal breaker for sure lol. Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. It will be fine and I appreciate all of the thoughts. They have helped tremendously!
That's cool You are right that every resort has its drawbacks and there are reasons why we like one over another, they all have their special somethings too. I hope you guys have a great trip! I really liked the YC.
housetomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #33
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom View Post
No flames please. We are staying at BWV next month, but the bus service to the AK, MK and DTD is horrible. ( depending on time of year and day, you may share between 5 Epcot resorts)
No, the transportation isn't horrible. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, but seriously?? I stay at BWV a lot...at least once, maybe twice, a year. Is the bus to MK direct? No. It stops at the Swan and then the Dolphin. It seldom stops at the YC or BC in the morning. Same with the bus to AK. The very early, prior to 8am buses, may make more stops but the regular buses don't share the entire route.

The buses at SSR share with no other resorts, but honestly?? If you get on at the first stop, you are on that bus for close to 20 mins before you are out of the resort itself.

For those wanting a good breakfast in the Epcot resorts area..you can eat at Spoodles, Captains Grill, Picabu, Fresh, or even CapeMay..but CM is pricey since it's a character meal. No, there is no food court type area. I wish there was. It's the one failing at the Epcot resorts. It looks like the Bakery is going to try to fix that, but it isn't going to be the same as the food courts at other deluxes.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #34
nemajovc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post

It is an issue if you need a big, hot breakfast, and you need it early, before you get to a park. We don't want to waste precious rope-drop time in the park hunting down breakfast, that needs to be taken care of before we get there.

So if you need a real meal (NOT pastries or snacks) at 7am, the choices seem to be: walk over to S/D (not on DDP though), order room service (only on DDP if you are willing to fork over 2 credits- ouch!), or get an egg sandwich from the Marketplace (maybe okay for a day or two, but I think that's going to get old quick). BB seems to have roughly the same egg sandwich, with a much longer walk.

Not trying to be a negative Nelly, I AM looking forward to staying there next month, I just wish there were either more options at the Marketplace, or that Captains Grille or Cape May opened earlier. All of the resorts we've stayed at in the past had much better early morning options. Since meals are rather important in our family, I hope we can make this work somehow.
It's not the best but I have a suggestion. I've always been one for unconventional breakfasts from pizza to spaghetti etc and find that sometimes a good breakfast keeps me going and keeps me from eating more later (more bad stuff). As you want to be efficient make rope FTP etc could you see if there is a microwave in your area and heat up leftovers (or bring cooked food that keeps in fridge) for breakfast?
Of course if your DH is like mine he may not go for an unconventional microwaved option.
nemajovc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #35
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

What's on the bounty platter at a food court? To me the only thing missing from the marketplace menu is a waffles/pancakes platter. You can get your eggs, potato, bacon and biscuit platter at BC CS.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #36
housetomouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
For those wanting a good breakfast in the Epcot resorts area..you can eat at Spoodles, Captains Grill, Picabu, Fresh, or even CapeMay..but CM is pricey since it's a character meal. No, there is no food court type area. I wish there was. It's the one failing at the Epcot resorts. It looks like the Bakery is going to try to fix that, but it isn't going to be the same as the food courts at other deluxes.
Unless Disney is having trouble filling the Epcot resorts, I don't think they have any reason to put in a food court. That would take business away from their existing table service restaurants.
housetomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #37
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom View Post
This was our experience during our BC stay. We were there during a pretty busy time of year and the buses were shared among all 5 resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
No, the transportation isn't horrible. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, but seriously??

For those wanting a good breakfast in the Epcot resorts area..you can eat at Spoodles, Captains Grill, Picabu, Fresh, or even CapeMay..
In my opinion, the transportation at the Epcot resorts are hit or miss. Some people have great experiences with buses only going to 2 maybe 3 resorts, but there are others (like myself) that have experienced crowded buses with standing room only and long rides due to all 5 resorts being on the routes. So in my experience, the transportation was horrible.

As far as dining options go, I agree with you that there are a lot of TS options at the Epcot resorts, but for those wanting a quick, hot breakfast right at the resort, the options are very limited, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
I'll wade in and respectfully say that the notion of "limited food" is a false construct. There are multiple places to eat at these resorts and at the 2 nearby parks + the Swolphin. The many options have already been named.

Perhaps what you are saying is that you want a particular type of restaurant. Disney constructed many resorts, you have many options.
It's not that there aren't plenty of dining choices, but rather the type of dining to choose from. TS options are plentiful, CS not so much (depending on what you are looking for).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #38
karly05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
What's on the bounty platter at a food court? To me the only thing missing from the marketplace menu is a waffles/pancakes platter. You can get your eggs, potato, bacon and biscuit platter at BC CS.
At POFQ in Feb of this year, the Bounty Platter was scrambled eggs, potatoes, 2 pcs of bacon, a sausage link, a biscuit and a Mickey waffle (the small one).

They also had a variety of meals involving waffle (large Mickey), pancakes, or (I think) French Toast with fruit and choice of bacon/sausage, the egg/bacon/cheese croissant, omelets, beignets, yogurt, oatmeal, the usual cold/grab & go/bakery items, etc etc.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: