Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #16
goodferry
DIS Veteran

It hasn't been an issue for us ever, but we don't eat many counter service meals. For breakfast we would usually eat in the concierge lounge, but we have also eaten in the Captain's Grill, Boardwalk Bakery, Kouzzina etc.
As far as Club Level, we have stayed 7 times at the Beach Club and have never had any of the issues mentioned by the previous poster. We usually go in June or October for Food and Wine and love it there. The staff is wonderful and the breakfast was always more than plentiful (incidentally, there will only be light snacks, ie cookies and gummy fish out after breakfast is over until evening appetizers)
Old 03-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
As far as Club Level, we have stayed 7 times at the Beach Club and have never had any of the issues mentioned by the previous poster... The staff is wonderful and the breakfast was always more than plentiful (incidentally, there will only be light snacks, ie cookies and gummy fish out after breakfast is over until evening appetizers)
This has been our experience too ... We are always up early and the crowds are not an issue for us.
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #18
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinCodyMom View Post
Hi all! My family of 4(2 adults and 2 kiddos, 12 and 15) are currently booked at AKL for June. I love this resort and have stayed a couple times before. We have also stayed at CR, BLT, WL, Pop and OKW. I have to say we have enjoyed every stay we've had. I have been contemplating a moderate stay because of the savings (were looking pretty closely at CSR) but I keep being swayed back to the deluxes. I kinda want a change just to see another resort. I've been looking at BC, YC, or BW but all seem to have horrible food options for the morning or quick service. For those with kids who don't enjoy cold cereal, how do you manage with the options at these resorts? Or maybe I should count them out for that reason. There seemed to be a kiosk at boardwalk but I'm not sure where that is in relation to BC. Of course, I love SAB so I'd prefer BC or YC. Every time I get close to a decision, something sways my mind again. It seems that's pretty common on these boards . For anyone with advice who would advocate one resort over another, I'd appreciate the feedback. Thanks!
Limited CS options is the reason we haven't stayed at another Epcot resort since our BC stay in 2003. We loved the BC, but prior to our stay we weren't aware of the no CS issue (didn't know about the Dis back then and the year before we stayed at CBR with a full food court). My DH and DSs need a hot breakfast every morning and although we do book a couple of TS breakfasts during our trips, we don't like to do them every morning; so needless to say, we found ourselves in a tough spot once we arrived. The BC had nothing as far as CS for breakfast as there wasn't even the Marketplace at that time, so we found ourselves eating at Spoodles on the boardwalk 4 or 5 of our mornings. Spoodles became a favorite of ours that trip (we also did a couple of dinners there), but it did get old doing a sit down so many mornings. Sometimes we wanted to grab a quick hot breakfast and go without having to head to a park and grab something there, but that wasn't an option. With all of that said, the BC is a beautiful resort and you can't beat being within walking distance to 2 parks. I would love to try the YC or BWI, but my DSs want nothing to do with staying in that area again with no CS. Even though they were young during that BC trip (8 & 10), the first thing they always remember when I bring up the Epcot resorts is no CS. If limited CS won't be an issue, I'd give an Epcot resort a try. But if a food court or a CS with variety like those at the other deluxe resorts is important, the Epcot area might be challenging (IMO). Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #19
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

As a previous poster mentioned, CL!!! We LOVE CL at BWI and the breakfast is perfect. But we may be a little different - we don't like the heavy breakfast options at most CS locations and prefer to avoid CS generally, so the CL breakfast is absolutely perfect for us.

At BC, we've stayed both CL and non-CL. Either one works at BC. With CL, breakfast is easy. Non-CL, we just grab breakfast at BC Marketplace, which is now my favorite resort CS location.

At YC, CL solves the breakfast issue.

For CL, we're always up early and haven't encountered crowds at BWI or at BC during value or peak seasons.

But there are other options for those who want more breakfast. Picabu at the Dolphin is less than a 10-minute walk from YC, open 24 hours and has an extensive CS breakfast menu. The Boardwalk Bakery serves breakfast, too. And if you have hoppers, you can hop over to the Les Halles in France at 9am for breakfast, too.

Part of the reason we love the Epcot area is the dining options. But that's because we prefer a quick breakfast in the club lounge or from the Marketplace (if staying non-CL) and then we have ADRs for lunch and dinner. We actually like the fact that there are no food courts in the area - that's a plus for us! The TS options in Epcot and the Epcot resort area can't be beat, and there's nothing more relaxing than just strolling back to your room at the end of the evening!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #20
mistysue
DIS Veteran

We actually found the selection to be great if you didn't have to deal with complicated allergies.
At BC/YC for breakfast each has a TS, BC has a permanent CS and the bar in the YC lobby has continental breakfast type offerings. For lunch and dinner you can then add in hurricane hanna's, beaches and cream, the crew's cup and doesn't BC have martha's vinyard or something like that? I though they had some food. At dinner there is then also a signature TS. You have 7 choices of places to go for dinner plus in-room dining, without even having to leave the little area of the double resort... Most resorts don't have 7 options. Plus you can walk to Epcot if you have park hoppers and the boardwalk is really close with a list of places to go. You mention staying at POP, walking to the boardwalk is sort of like walking across that resort.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #21
Disneyhenry
DIS Veteran

Why not just eat in a park or go to another resort? Thats what we usually do

DH DSME

Disneyland 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008,2007, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1994
WDW Split stay AKV-Kinadi and POP 2011
DCL - DREAM 2011, Wonder to Hawaii 2012
Dec 2013 Family Reunion at WL!
Disneyhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #22
ariane37
Mouseketeer

I agree with some previous posters about it not really being an issue. Even before the Boardwalk Bakery closed for renovations, they had a decent selection for my family of 4. That includes my DH, who eats very light in the A.M., and myself, and I like a big breakfast! In addition to the bakery, Kouzzina is awesome. Of the EPCOT resorts we've only stayed at BW so I can't speak for the other 2, but it's also very easy to get a quick breakfast at Sunshine Seasons on an EPCOT day or Starring Rolls on a HS day
ariane37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #23
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariane37
I agree with some previous posters about it not really being an issue.
It is an issue if you need a big, hot breakfast, and you need it early, before you get to a park. We don't want to waste precious rope-drop time in the park hunting down breakfast, that needs to be taken care of before we get there.

So if you need a real meal (NOT pastries or snacks) at 7am, the choices seem to be: walk over to S/D (not on DDP though), order room service (only on DDP if you are willing to fork over 2 credits- ouch!), or get an egg sandwich from the Marketplace (maybe okay for a day or two, but I think that's going to get old quick). BB seems to have roughly the same egg sandwich, with a much longer walk.

Not trying to be a negative Nelly, I AM looking forward to staying there next month, I just wish there were either more options at the Marketplace, or that Captains Grille or Cape May opened earlier. All of the resorts we've stayed at in the past had much better early morning options. Since meals are rather important in our family, I hope we can make this work somehow.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly, Hilton GVC | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA
Upcoming Trips: Oct 2014: POR | Dec 2014 - WL | July 2015 - ASMusic | Nov 2015 - FW Campground
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #24
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
It is an issue if you need a big, hot breakfast, and you need it early, before you get to a park.
I agree. A lot of people stay CL as that satisfies their breakfasts needs (which is great if it works for you), but for those who need/want a quick hot breakfast, what the Epcot area offers isn't enough. I love CL and while I can eat breakfast there every morning, my DH and DSs wouldn't last on muffins, bagels, cold cereal, etc. Going to a park or another resort as a pp suggested is a good idea, but it kind of defeats the purpose of a "quick" breakfast before the parks, IMO. If we are going to travel to another resort or wait until we get to the park, we might as well eat TS at the resort before heading out. I do agree that the BC/YC offers great sit down options (Cape May is one of our favorites), but eating that big of a breakfast every morning would get old for us.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #25
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariane37
I agree with some previous posters about it not really being an issue.)
I'll wade in and respectfully say that the notion of "limited food" is a false construct. There are multiple places to eat at these resorts and at the 2 nearby parks + the Swolphin. The many options have already been named.

Perhaps what you are saying is that you want a particular type of restaurant. Disney constructed many resorts, you have many options.
CoolPool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #26
ColinCodyMom
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Op here. Thanks so much for the suggestions! It's crazy to me the lack of choices at this group of deluxes. Very strange. I'm hoping that everything else at bc is worth it for the price. I would love to stay CL although my guys wouldn't be satisfied with those offerings either since they appear to be the grab and go type of things we can get in the market. Is the bw kiosk anywhere near the bc? The lunch and dinner choices seem okay. Any other drawbacks to this resort? That issue is pretty big for us and the main reason we have previously left it out of our choices. Thanks again!!!

2014 Trip: June 25-July 2 AKL
2013 Trip: June 18-22 AKL and June 22-25 AoA
2011 Trip: July 20-23 CR TPV and July 23-26 BLT
2010 Trips: May 1-6 AKL and May 6-9 POP
2009 Trips: May 6-13 AKL Sep.30-Oct.2 WL
2008 Trip: May Caribe Royale
2007 Trip: August Caribe Royale
2001 Trip: OKW
1998 Trip: OKW

Last edited by ColinCodyMom; 03-19-2013 at 08:16 AM. Reason: correcting myself
ColinCodyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #27
housetomouse
DIS Veteran

Granola bars tide us over until lunch. We make lunch and dinner our more substantial meals. One year we did Club Level, but that didn't work on mornings when the parks opened at 7am and we were going to rope drop because the CL lounge wasn't open when we left in the morning (although with some planning, we probably could have gotten something from the CL CM the night before to take along the next morning).
housetomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #28
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

We never found it an issue.We are content with a breakfast sandwich or fruit and yogurt from the Marketplace.I guess if you like a big hot food court breakfast it could be an issue, but to us the resort is well worth it and not an issue.There are options, just not a food court like some of the other resorts
Old 03-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #29
housetomouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinCodyMom View Post
Hi everyone! Op here. Thanks so much for the suggestions! It's crazy to me the lack of choices at this group of deluxes. Very strange. I'm hoping that everything else at bc is worth it for the price. I would love to stay CL although my guys wouldn't be satisfied with those offerings either. Maybe someday. Is the bw kiosk anywhere near the bc? And even though there's such a lack of morning food for those not wanting TS, the lunch and dinner choices seem okay. Any other drawbacks to this resort? That issue is a big one and the main reason we have previously left it out of our choices. Thanks again!!!
From what you have written here, I don't think your family is going to like BC/YC/BWI. There are many breakfast options at these resorts and in the area, but what you want for a morning meal is just not there.
housetomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #30
ColinCodyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by housetomouse View Post
From what you have written here, I don't think your family is going to like BC/YC/BWI. There are many breakfast options at these resorts and in the area, but what you want for a morning meal is just not there.
It's not that it's a make or break kinda thing. I'm sorry if it appeared that way. Previous trips, we had a ressie for TS every morning somewhere and the stress of getting there and perhaps missing rope drop, etc. made me wonder about not doing the morning TS thing and opting for a bounty platter or something. I'm checking out the menus and such and I can say emphatically that although it isn't what I was expecting, it's definitely not going to be the reason I don't stay at BC. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will be our pick. Everything else appeals to us. Each resort has some sort of drawback, right?. I'd love to stay at the Poly, but the no hot tub thing is a deal breaker for sure lol. Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. It will be fine and I appreciate all of the thoughts. They have helped tremendously!

2014 Trip: June 25-July 2 AKL
2013 Trip: June 18-22 AKL and June 22-25 AoA
2011 Trip: July 20-23 CR TPV and July 23-26 BLT
2010 Trips: May 1-6 AKL and May 6-9 POP
2009 Trips: May 6-13 AKL Sep.30-Oct.2 WL
2008 Trip: May Caribe Royale
2007 Trip: August Caribe Royale
2001 Trip: OKW
1998 Trip: OKW
ColinCodyMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: