Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 03:31 AM   #91
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Sorry you didn't get much sleep. Those historic hotels are great and all that; but sometimes, they aren't the most comfortable places to rest.

Your drive looks l-o-n-g. I do love the Grand Circle; and I suspect you're driving just north of that area?
Yeah, I don't know if we'll be staying at a historic hotel again any time soon. At least it was fun except when we were trying to sleep...

Drive was definitely long, especially on day 2. I think we went through what's considered the Grand Circle, but we were still north of the Grand Canyon and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbugs View Post
I am anxiously awaiting the California arrival!
It's coming up now, finally! Hope it's worth all the anticipation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Yay all caught up now!

Wow that hayride sounds amazing! I can't believe how hilariously lame it was! That actually made me spit out my tea!

That snow looks so beautiful!

Awhh leaving Stupey

That is so awesome that Tracy is in that commercial!! Haha now I want to know that story too

Roadtripping photos are the absolute best!! That scenery is just so stunning!

That is a VERY traumatic go karting story!!

Really enjoying your trip so far!
Glad you got all caught up! The hayride was certainly something else. I'm just glad we had fun and didn't pay much money for it.

The snow was definitely nice to get a little bit of, but I'm glad we haven't had a winter full of it. Leaving Stupey was definitely hard. We miss her terribly!

Oh, the commercial. It's a fun story, which I'll definitely weave into this TR somehow soon.

Good scenery was definitely one of the biggest pluses on the road trip. Of course, there were also looooong stretches of barren desert, which weren't so nice to look at.

And yes, the go karting experience was one of my lower moments. I eventually did get back in a go kart but it took a couple years, and I would never do it again in those fast ones.

Glad you're enjoying reading about the road trip! Hopefully you'll like hearing about the experiences once we arrive
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:38 AM   #92
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 16
Time Change Blues

Click here to read more.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-07-2014 at 06:45 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 03:55 AM   #93
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Another big drive. Nice pictures of the scenery.

Looks like you might have some fun in Vegas and I'm guessing that what happens in Vegas gets shared on the Dis!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:01 AM   #94
Luisa
Mouseketeer

I'm finding myself getting more excited the closer you get to Disneyland! What a long drive though, I suspect I'd have cabin fever within about 2 hours of starting out! Must have been a relief getting that first glimpse of Vegas and knowing you were nearly at the end of that leg.
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - and another Disneyland visit for me!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #95
Casey's Mommie
Nothing makes a Mommy happier than hearing her baby laugh!

Thanks so much for sharing your adventures! I'm enjoying them and looking forward to your California arrival!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #96
CourtFool
A Mouse in Llama Clothing

You are a wonderful narrator. Thanks for sharing!
Disneyland November 1988
CourtFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #97
Mrs. Gumdrop
DIS Veteran

Hi Again! I previously read and commented on your WDW trip report and just recently read through your DLR trip and now your Real Life updates. Thanks for sharing your adventures and I am excited to read how it is all turning out.

I am planning my first trip to DLR for this coming November and I was amazed how much you two got done during your 2011 visit. So excited!

Take care!
Old 03-23-2013, 02:58 AM   #98
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

I had to laugh with the Welcome to AZ photo. I was expecting the NV photo to soon follow. When I lived in Vegas I did that drive a few times (through that corner of the state, not driving from CO.) It always seems so strange to pass through a tiny area of a state for some reason.

Sorry you had trouble finding Treasure Island. The parking garages for those strip resorts are often not easy to find. I think they are trying to get everyone to use the Valet service.

Enjoying your report, can't wait to read about your new life in LA.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #99
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

just dropping by to say how much I am enjoing your posts
what an awesome adventure
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #100
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Joining in, it looks like you have been having fun.

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #101
burly
DIS Veteran

Wow just read the whole thing....so far.
Looking forward to hearing about more of your adventures.
I Pray Your health improves....

KIM
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:28 AM   #102
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Another big drive. Nice pictures of the scenery.

Looks like you might have some fun in Vegas and I'm guessing that what happens in Vegas gets shared on the Dis!
Yeah, the drive that day was definitely long. And for every nice bit of scenery, there were plenty of long stretches of flat ground as far as the eye could see.

We definitely had fun in Vegas! One night definitely isn't enough to qualify as a real "Vegas vacation," but we saw a lot and did a bit of gambling. Of course you'll hear all about it soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
I'm finding myself getting more excited the closer you get to Disneyland! What a long drive though, I suspect I'd have cabin fever within about 2 hours of starting out! Must have been a relief getting that first glimpse of Vegas and knowing you were nearly at the end of that leg.
It was definitely a long drive! We made it through the first several hours all right, but by the end of that second day, we were SO ready to arrive. Smoggy Vegas looked like paradise because our arrival meant we could take our stiff legs for a walk. Hope you'll enjoy our arrival in CA and all that followed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey's Mommie View Post
Thanks so much for sharing your adventures! I'm enjoying them and looking forward to your California arrival!
Thank you for reading!! I'm having so much fun sharing our story, and looking forward to describing everything that happened once we got to CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtFool View Post
You are a wonderful narrator. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much I'm glad you're enjoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Gumdrop View Post
Hi Again! I previously read and commented on your WDW trip report and just recently read through your DLR trip and now your Real Life updates. Thanks for sharing your adventures and I am excited to read how it is all turning out.

I am planning my first trip to DLR for this coming November and I was amazed how much you two got done during your 2011 visit. So excited!

Take care!
Thanks for joining me over on this side of the boards/country. I'm glad that you're enjoying reading about all of our escapades.

That's so exciting that you're coming out in November! I'm sure you'll have a blast. It's definitely easier to pack your days full out here, simply because you don't have to worry about wasting time each day with transportation, etc. We really got a lot done on our 2011 trip, though we're still finding new things to do all the time. Hopefully we can say hi in the parks at some point when you're out here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
I had to laugh with the Welcome to AZ photo. I was expecting the NV photo to soon follow. When I lived in Vegas I did that drive a few times (through that corner of the state, not driving from CO.) It always seems so strange to pass through a tiny area of a state for some reason.

Sorry you had trouble finding Treasure Island. The parking garages for those strip resorts are often not easy to find. I think they are trying to get everyone to use the Valet service.

Enjoying your report, can't wait to read about your new life in LA.
Yeah, the Arizona drive was just funny. If only we could have made our way through Utah that quickly! Of course, Arizona would have been somewhere I would have been a little excited to spend more time driving through, especially since we were so close to the Grand Canyon. Maybe someday...

I'm sure that the main reason they make the parking such trouble is that they know they can get lots of people to shell out the money for valet, but we're just far too frugal for that. We really lucked out when I accidentally saw the sign pointing toward the TI garage right as we were about to pass it.

I'm glad that you're enjoying reading along. I'm looking forward to sharing all of our CA shenanigans soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
just dropping by to say how much I am enjoing your posts
what an awesome adventure
Thank you for reading and for saying hello! It's definitely been a crazy ride so far, and I love sharing it with all of you on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey30 View Post
Joining in, it looks like you have been having fun.
Yay, welcome! We definitely always have fun, and I'm glad that you're enjoying reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Wow just read the whole thing....so far.
Looking forward to hearing about more of your adventures.
I Pray Your health improves....

KIM
So glad you're enjoying I'm looking forward to sharing our CA adventures soon! And thanks for your positive thoughts about my health. It's a pain, but we figure out a way to work through it when it's bad, and hopefully it'll get better sometime soon!

Old 03-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #103
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 17
Viva Las Vegas

Click here to read more.

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-08-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #105
Mrs. Gumdrop
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the upgrade! The Bellagio fountain just looks amazing. I am glad that calzone won't be your last. As someone who can choke on nothing at all, I commiserate.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: