Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #31
FireflyTrance
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I will get one of those. I was asking my cousin who has a baby and many Hotels (not just Disney) provide pack and plays, so it would be a good investment for this and future trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressMerryweather View Post
We always bring our own. If we didn't, I'd definitely invest in one of these.
I'm not sure why Disney doesn't provide them anyway and clean them with the sheets.

I found that the Values were very baby friendly. We stayed at AOA, last trip with our 1.5yo and it was great because of the "water pad" with sprinkles and the zero entry pool was great for her. She loved the bright colors and loved to touch and point at everything.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #32
FireflyTrance
Mouseketeer

Thank you for taking the time to write all this out! Personally I want to stay at AKL, I just have concerns with DD needing to nap and being far away from the resort. Possibly we will do a split stay though, since it seems like there is a lot to do at AKL without even leaving the resort. A friend stayed there with younger children and they LOVED the water area. AK is also my favorite park, but I think MK will have the most to interest DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeid View Post
Hello!!

We stayed at AKL last Sept when DD was 1 and 1/2. We loved the resort and the theming and stayed club level so the free snacks throughout the day were great. The only downside was the room size. We had a basic 2 queen bed room. There was very little room for DD to play and she mostly played on the balcony where we were in constant fear of her tossing a toy to the animals We had a rental car so transportation wasn't an issue. The splash park at Kidani (the vacation club side of the resort which is open to all Animal Kingdom Lodge guests) was a huge hit and we spent all day there. She loved it since at that age splashing and running is more fun than swimming/wading.

The second part of our stay was at the Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs and wow the space difference was amazing. My parents were also there and it was so nice to have a separate living area to hang out in while she slept. But again the resort is far from everything except Downtown Disney but with a rental car it was fine.

We're renting points and getting a 2 bedroom at Wilderness this September. The price savings is amazing (about half off the standard rate) but there are a few downsides (prepayment in full, cancellation/reschedule not guaranteed) but for us the savings outweighed the risks. We paid $9/pt. some sites charge as much as $13/pt so do your research. Lots of threads over in the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) section of the forums.

And like most we assumed DD would have no lasting memories of the trip. 6 months later and she still talks about it. She says '"Dumbo, push button, up!!" So while she may not remember it when she's 20, I think the trip itself provided so many new experiences and interactions that have honestly helped to shape who she is becoming. She started talking up a storm during and immediately after the trip and hasn't stopped since.

We spent the majority of our time at MK which is why we chose Wilderness. Her favorite things were Small World, the Dreams Come True show in front of the castle, the parades, first haircut at barber shop (ok that was more for me but at $18 and free mouse ears it's such a bargain!), Pirates and of course the Kidani splash park. Epcot was fun for adults but not a ton of stuff for DD. She enjoyed the safari at Animal Kingdom (we did the sunrise savannah which is for AKL guest only, can't remember if club level was required) and she liked some of the shows at Hollywood Studios. This time we're planning 3 MK days, 1 AK and 1 Epcot. Not sure if we'll do Hollywood Studios. Although Doc McStuffins is there so we might have to. If only Dora was Disney...

If you have any questions just let me know. You are going to have so much fun and DD will be just fine whatever resort you choose. Oh and I recommend getting Photo Pass so you can get tons of family pictures. We pre ordered and it was $119 for a DVD with an unlimited amount of your photo pass pictures. Worth every penny for the pictures we got.
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: