Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #16
disneyfreak18
Earning My Ears

The first time I walked into the Magic Kingdom was during the afternoon parade. My family went up the stairs of the train station to watch the parade but we were right on the end where when you looked straight out all you could see is candy shop. I remember walking by myself to the middle of the train station and my mom was questioning why I was walking over there. All I wanted was to see Cinderella's Castle, the thing I've always imagined seeing, so that was such a special moment for me.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #17
niallsprincess
"Lets never lose sight of one thing; It all started with a mouse." ~Walt Disney

I also have two first early memories.

1) Of course the first one is going to be the time when I first saw Cinderella's castle on my first trip, which I think is when I went for my seventh birthday. My whole family, consisting of my mom, my dad, and the two best brothers in the world were walking down main street, and being as short as I was, I could only see the top of the castle so when we got right up to it and I could see the whole thing, I was absolutely thrilled. I remember begging my dad to take a picture of my mom and I right in front of the castle. I felt like I had really accomplished something big when I got back to school after the trip and got to tell all my friends about seeing Cinderella's castle- and believe me, they thought I did too.

2) My second memory was really scary when it happened, but now that I'm looking back on it, it was really cool. I was getting on the Tower Of Terror with my dad and brothers- my mom was too afraid to ride it. So I sat down in my seat and the seat belt was messed up (I think it wouldn't pull or something), so my dad got the attention of the cast member on the ride. The cast member came over to see what our problem was and I said "My seat belt won't work." I was a really awkward child. Anyways, he responded in a creepy voice with "I guess you'll just have to go without it. You'll end up like the rest of them." At first I thought he meant it, so I was really scared . He fixed it for me, but that short moment of paralyzing fear will probably stick with me for the rest of my life.

"Think of all the joy you'll find when you leave the world behind, and bid your cares goodbye." ~Peter Pan
Dad Mom Brother Brother Me
Aspiring Artist.
I want you to want me this way, and I need you to need me to stay. If you say that you don't feel a thing, if you don't know, let me go...
And tomorrow's just a dream away...
niallsprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #18
PrincessTori96
Disney Princess

My first Disney memory is watching the Main Street Electrical Parade on the first night of my first trip when I was five. I remember looking at the Blue Fairy float and witnessing actual Disney magic, watching her sparkle and cast a blanket of magic over the parade route. I remember seeing Cinderella and Mickey and being brought into this wonderful world of dreams that started my life and inspired my dream to move down to Florida and work hard to get a job with Disney to help spread the magical moments like I've had to children who can appreciate them like I have.

How can you read this? It doesn't have any pictures!
I'm just a princess enjoying my adventures through Walt Disney World every weekend...
PrincessTori96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #19
dsnydale
Earning My Ears

these memories are wonderful i know everyone wishes they can relive them.
dsnydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
jessidoll
Second Star To The Right And Straight On 'Till Morning.

Location: Either at Hogwarts causing some mischief or in Neverland fighting some pirates.

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I remember this far back but I think I had just turned three years old and we went to WDW to kinda celebrate it. I remember sitting in my stroller that my dad was pushing with my sister in a stroller next to me pushed by my mom and it was our last day or next to last day I think. We were in Magic Kingdom and I think we had just gotten off the train but on our way down an older woman cast member walked over and saw my birthday pin that was on my shirt. I remember her smiling at me and giving my little sister and I a couple Mickey suckers that we were so happy about getting that we screamed 'Thank You' and went off towards the rides.

I don't know why but I always get happy when I remember that memory! Maybe it's because I used to think the cast member that gave us the candy was the fairy godmother in disguise haha!

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream.

jessidoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #21
lindsayx14
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post
2. On either my second or my third trip, my dad and I stayed for MK EMH, so it was late. My dad finally got me to go on Splash Mountain for the first time. I was so scared for the drop and closed my eyes most of the time, thinking it was around every corner. When we finally made it back, the CM's told us since their was no line, we could stay on again if we wanted. I shrieked no, that I wanted to get off, but my dad convinced me in the end to go again. This happened 6 times, me begging to get off between every time. Of course, by the end I was really having a blast.
One of my early Dis memories is a lot like this one! I was 8 on my first trip, my brother's 10 and 6 years. My parents dragged us on EVERYTHING (we were scared but not mortified) and I'm glad they did! But every single time we rode Splash Mountain I would duck my head as far down as possible because I was so frightened. Like, so low that you couldn't see me in the pictures we bought. It's really funny looking back at our old photos because with each Splash Pic, we know I was sitting next to my Dad, but you can't see me! It wasn't til I was 11 that I actually sat up on the drop!

My favorite memory is of The Haunted Mansion, because it was the first Disney attraction I ever rode. It's become a tradition in my family now that we always do Haunted Mansion first when we arrive in the park. (We usually arrive around noon on our first day)
Old 04-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #22
acm97
Earning My Ears

Wow I was like three, I remember sitting outside of tower of terror in my stroller with my grandma while waiting for my parents. I was eating Cheetos and drinking sprite!

My earliest, best, memory was riding the monorail to chef mickeys for dinner and meeting all the characters, it was so much fun
acm97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #23
Darkwing Duck
DIS Veteran

I barely remember the special parade they had at WDW in the Magic Kingdom in 1992. They had giant floats of Disney characters all dressed up like conga line people or whatever with the bright colors and fruit on their heads
Old 04-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #24
Brittasaur
Earning My Ears

My first Disney memory - I was probably around 4 or 5 years old, and 30 minutes after getting to the Magic Kingdom I begged my parents to take me home. I wasn't much of a Disney fan back then.

My best Disney memory - Driving up to the Contemporary resort and checking in for the first time. I was so excited because every single time we had went to Disneyworld I had wanted to stay there.

The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up

- Timothy Mouse
Brittasaur is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: