Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Doodle98
"42-42-564, whenever you want to, knock on Death's door."

What do you think of the new . . . .

I may be going to WDW this summer, and was wondering how you like the new stuff there. When I went, most of fantasyland was still under construction, so how do you like it? I wanna know!
How was the new:
Test Track?
Beast restaurant?
Ariel ride?
Any more of the new fantasyland that I didn't mention?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle98 View Post
I may be going to WDW this summer, and was wondering how you like the new stuff there. When I went, most of fantasyland was still under construction, so how do you like it? I wanna know!
How was the new:
Test Track?
Beast restaurant?
Ariel ride?
I went last December, so I got info!

Test Track: Test Track was quite fun. It has a more futuristic look I guess you could say, and it's really fun.

Be Our Guest Restaurant: I ate lunch there, so I can't tell you how dinner is, but the food is really good, and the restaurant is just beautiful. We ate in the ballroom, but you can also eat in the west wing and whatever the third room is called(it had a lot of pictures on the wall of scenes from the movie and stuff).

Ariels ride(forgot the name): This was pretty fun too. If you've been to Disneyland recently, it's exactly like the one there. The Audio Animatronics are neat, there's an interactive queue, and the area looks amazing.

Snow White's area is still under construction

The Storybook Circus area is pretty neat. Great Goofini was just as fun as Barnstormer. Saw the Dumbo play area, it looked fun. Both sides of Dumbo were there, but the elephant my bro and I were on would not go up and down, so we were at the same height pretty much the whole time, so I can't say it was fun.

Think that's about it.
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Coulson:"Because nothing bad ever happens when you work with something called the DarkForce."
Loki: "Well done, you just decapitated your grandfather."
Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"
Fairywings is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
TestTrackFan
Test Driver

Test track was pretty much my favorite ride at Disney World.

I love going fast like that.
TestTrackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Doodle98

I saw some of the storybook circus, and I got kinda sad they changed it, I liked how dumbo was in the middle and you could see everything. Other than that and the train, great goofini and stuff like that, everything was being built.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
RachelInWonderland
Earning My Ears

New FL is beautiful. Enchanted Tales With Belle is delightful and very fun. Going back there really feels like you're going back into a French cottage, plus the mirror effect was super cool. I wish we had a chance to eat at BoG, but I hear that it's also top notch disney quality. Under the Sea was very cute, a tiny step up from a typical dark ride. It felt longer than a usual dark ride and more high quality. Storybrook Circus was adorable and has Bigtop Souvenirs which had the most amazing and delicious treats as well as a nice variety of ear hats/disney merch. Didn't go on Dumbo or Goofini, but I suppose the rides are still basically the same as they were before, but the theming for them is super cute. I still would have kept toontown over it, but oh well. I liked new TT waaay more than I thought I would, but I still prefer the old one. It definitely feels smoother now, though. I like the new stuff, especially the expanded part of Fantasyland with the Belle and Ariel sections. I really wish we could have spent more time back there, because I could have easily spent half a day just walking around and looking at everything new. Although I am a really detail focused person when it comes to disney.

Third Trip to Walt Disney World - January 2007 at 9 Years Old Fourth Trip to Walt Disney World (aka the trip when my obsession came into full bloom!) - January 2009 at 11 Years Old

Fifth Trip to Walt Disne
y World (first trip I helped plan) - July 2011 at 13 Years Old Sixth and Most Recent Trip to Walt Disney World - January 2013 at 15 Years Old! (trip report forthcoming)
RachelInWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
Missdisney00
DIS Veteran

When we went to Disney we loved Casey jr splash n soak station it's a great place to cool down we also liked the great goofini
Missdisney00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
niallsprincess
"Lets never lose sight of one thing; It all started with a mouse." ~Walt Disney

The new Ariel ride is quite fun. The line to get in is really interactive, so that's always a good time. Beast's Castle restaurant is also quite nice. I didn't get to eat there, but I saw inside it and it looked really cool. I went in November, and the new Test Track wasn't open yet. That was a huge disappointment as it's one of my favorite rides but I'm sure it's better than it used to be, and considering how good it used to be, I'm sure it's definitely worth the time to ride.

"Think of all the joy you'll find when you leave the world behind, and bid your cares goodbye." ~Peter Pan
Dad Mom Brother Brother Me
Aspiring Artist.
I want you to want me this way, and I need you to need me to stay. If you say that you don't feel a thing, if you don't know, let me go...
And tomorrow's just a dream away...
niallsprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
trj010014
Earning My Ears

I ate for lunch in the Be our guest restaurant. Since its quick service for lunch, we had to wait about 45 minutes before we ordered. Once we ordered the food came fast. The restaurant is beautiful. If you want to do quick service get there as soon as it opens, we came back later and the line was an hour and a half.

John 3:16
trj010014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
expeditioneverestgrl
DIS Veteran

:)

So when I was there in August 2012, only a couple of things in the NFland were done: Goofy's Great Goofini, the Dumbo's (both of them) and the splash area for the little kids. It looked really neat from what was there, and now pretty much all parts of the New Fantasyland are there now (because I've watched the new 2013 DIsney Video.) You can order it on the Disney World web. Enjoy this SUmmer! DIsney is pretty much the life!

-Baylee Boudreau
Old 03-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #10
Orreed
Olivia

Hey Thor!
Test Track?: I was pleasantly surprised. It is a lot cooler than YouTube makes it look. I miss Bill and Cherry, but I think the changes was for the good. I really like the designing the car. You get points on how well you do in four categories. A good rule to to try to make them balanced.I beat my dads score by a lot of points Just a warning, Fastpass and Single Rider you do not get to design a car. I feel although just doing the design once in the trip is fine.
Beast restaurant? I did not get to eat here. The line was super long, even in off-season. It looked super pretty on the outside. I went in Belle's village. It was very charming and the shop was cute. It bored me a little, but mostly because I am not a huge Belle fan.
Ariel ride?: This was well done. The ending was very rushed. We got a fastpass my Mickey's Phillarmagic for this one. I did not get to go through the cool interactive line but the fastpass line was pretty. The cool thing was it broke down but we waited a few minutes and we got to go in. My dad and I were the second in line! I liked walking through a line with very few people are we are not rope drop guests. My favorite part is the bubbles part. I won't spoil it, but it's great
Any more of the new Fantasyland that I didn't mention? The problem with the forest section (Belle and Ariel) Is the Snow White ride is on the whole right side of the walkway. I will be excited when it is done to see the whole land super pretty. What is there right now is great. I also like on the Snow White Mine ride there is peek holes you can look into! The storybook Circus is suburb. It looks lovely. I miss Minnie and Mickey's house and wish they put it in Hollywood Studios.
Orreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
Doodle98

Yeah, they should have put the houses in hollywood studios. That sounds sooooo cool! I'm going on the last week of my summer vacay, and I'm so excited to see the changes!!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #12
DreamfindingJordan
I'm Lumiere!

Quote:
How was the new:
Test Track?
Beast restaurant?
Ariel ride?
The new Test Track is really cool!
The Be Our Guest restaurant is so beautiful! I was in happy tears!
The Ariel ride is so adorable! I LOVED IT!!!!
Anything else...? YES!
Maurice's cottage is so amazing! and the magic portal... I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN YOU JUST HAVE TO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF.
Storybook circus is really cute, and the new dumbo's play area is the best! I wish I could play on it
I hope I helped!

'03:ASMU/ASMO '06:Pop '08:POFQ '09:Pop (again) '11:Pop (for the third time) '12:POR/POFQ '13: Pop (four times the charm)
DreamfindingJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #13
PrincessTori96
Disney Princess

Quote:
How was the new:
Test Track?
Beast restaurant?
Ariel ride?
The new test track is pretty impressive. Although the new Tron look is a bit too much for me. All the neon lights and no test drive areas is a bit disappointing in my eyes. I miss the video too, but making your own car is pretty cool!

Be Our Guest is AMAZING! Seriously, I could live in there! The west wing was by far my favorite room... The rose and mirror were gorgeous, the detail put into the room was astonishing! I ate in the grand ballroom. The ceiling was beautiful, with the little angels looks exactly like the movie! It's even snowing outside the windows! He food is delicious, yet expensive. The deserts are delicious... I had the lemon cupcake and it was sublime! I also had the grey stuff, which is only given out for special celebrations ( birthdays, etc. my special celebration was my getting into national honor society!) All the waiters are amazingly nice and all service is clean and quick!

The Ariel ride is also astonishing! The technology is amazing! The way Ariel's hair moves like she's actually swimming underwater is amazing! And there are so many small details that make the ride amazing! Ursula's final scene and the wedding scene were a bit disappointing, seeing as Ursula is just a cut out flailing around, and random sea animals are attending Ariel's wedding instead of her sisters. But the idea of the ride is amazing and the area outside is gorgeous!

Enchanted Tales with Belle is basically Storytime with belle again, but she's in her gorgeous yellow dress. LeFou's brew is pretty good, but very sweet. Gaston can be found wandering around the village seeking admiration from the general public!

The new Tangled Bathrooms are amazing too! The lanterns are strung up and the flags of corona are everywhere! The tower is amazing, and if it's not turned into a meet and greet area I'll cry. There are small details to look out for, such as the satchel!

I hope you have fun this summer! :D

How can you read this? It doesn't have any pictures!
I'm just a princess enjoying my adventures through Walt Disney World every weekend...
PrincessTori96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: