Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #31
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy~**

You just made me feel great about the 1 SoCal and 2 Anaheim reservations I have! Although I am still on the fence about our SoCal hotel (Los Feliz...see above). I think it is adorable and mostly in our price range but I kinda hate that the girls will be on an air mattress in the living room. I can hear them fighting about it already. Gosh maybe I need to add another. (will ultimately be staying in 2 different hotels for the 10 day trip). Have you started a PTR??
Glad I could make you feel better. No PTR yet since I really want to finish my TWO trip reports first. I am so far behind though. I can see your point about the Los Feliz hotel. I am determined to avoid a rollaway bed at any hotel so that narrows my choices. Now I have added ANOTHER hotel for our first three nights...in Laguna Beach. I love the atmosphere there around that hotel more than Dana Point....more BEACHY. Also more expensive though.

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
kittylady1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #32
stacy~**
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Glad I could make you feel better. No PTR yet since I really want to finish my TWO trip reports first. I am so far behind though. I can see your point about the Los Feliz hotel. I am determined to avoid a rollaway bed at any hotel so that narrows my choices. Now I have added ANOTHER hotel for our first three nights...in Laguna Beach. I love the atmosphere there around that hotel more than Dana Point....more BEACHY. Also more expensive though.
I will have to swing over and check out your reports. If only I could read TR's all day long!

So far I haven't added any more hotels. I am trying to just stick with it although I have changed our schedule! I would love to see what beach hotels you end up choosing. Just in case....

POP/Beach Club May 2014
Saratoga Springs March 2014
DISNEYLAND-Paradise Pier July 2013*BWI June 2012
ASMo March 2012-one day only*WL July 2010
POFQ Jan 2009*DISNEYLAND-Hojo Aug 2007
POFQ March 2007*CSR Aug 2006

3 days in LA, 6 days in Disneyland and 1 Amazing Cast Member Photo bomb

I am on twitter: http://twitter.com/stacyleigh9
stacy~** is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #33
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy~** View Post
I will have to swing over and check out your reports. If only I could read TR's all day long!

So far I haven't added any more hotels. I am trying to just stick with it although I have changed our schedule! I would love to see what beach hotels you end up choosing. Just in case....

Yeah I am still behind in my trip reports but just uploaded a whole "boatload" of photos from our Disney Dream Cruise in November so I can move that TR along soon hopefully!

Ok so as for my beach hotels in California I currently have THREE of them. I have the Best Western Plus Marina Shores in Dana Point booked. I also have the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites San Clemente North booked in San Clemente. And lastly I have the Holiday Inn Laguna Beach in Laguna Beach booked.

I am so undecided.

I really want to be close to the beach, at least within walking distance and I think the closest hotel I have booked to the beach is Laguna Beach. However it is also the most expensive one.

I think Dana Point would be nice and near a nice pier where my son could do some fishing which he would love. I'm just not sure if the atmosphere there is "beachy" enough but I read that there were still some good surfing areas in the Dana Point beach area so maybe we could still walk there?

San Clemente seems nice and maybe more beachy...also has a pier...but further south than the other two. It will make our drive when we leave to go to Long Beach for our day trip to Catalina Island longer and it will make our drive out to Valencia also longer when we move hotels.

So I'm just torn and I don't know what to do there.

I'm sure I'll be fine with ANY of them.

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
Old 05-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #34
stacy~**
Mouseketeer

So with 60-ish days until this trip…I am back and it is time for some REAL planning!
In my absence I have made some changes to the itinerary…and I am sure there are more to come but I do feel like things are starting to take shape!

So recap/revised plans:
Friday~Arrival and check in at Los Feliz Lodge. Grab groceries (Trader Joes?) and dinner.
Saturday~WB tour in am, Hollywood Blvd stuff in afternoon (including El Capitan/Soda Fountain, Madame Tussauds, Walk of Fame).
Sunday~Beverly Hills stuff (including trolley tour, Greystone Mansion, Rodeo Drive) and Tar Pits
Monday~Santa Monica/Venice Beach
Tuesday~Getty Center, Griffith Observatory and FM/Grove (especially if “Extra” is filming). Then check into………

Paradise Pier!!

Yes…I have gone back and forth 200 times as to whether we should spend the extra money and even though the Hojo worked well for our family in 2007 we are so much more used to being immersed in the Disney magic now that I am nervous the Hojo would be a letdown. SO PP it is!! Yay!!!!

For our DLR portion I am going to be as laid back as I can in planning and since we will have hoppers I am sure we will just go back and forth but our limited planning includes:

Wednesday~Disneyland's birthday!! Dinner at Carnation Café?
Thursday~DCA! Hoping for this to be our EE Carsland morning
Friday~Walk in Walts Foot Steps tour (hopefully)
Saturday~Unlimited Disneyland Magic (ie no plans)
Sunday~Our 12th Wedding Anniversary-Blue Bayou lunch
Monday~Check out and leave.

Note about changes
*Catalina Island has been removed for this trip. The cost to travel there for the day just didn’t make sense. The plan for our next trip would be to include this with a few nights stay on the island.
*Dodger’s game/stadium tour-While this has been removed from my itinerary for now it will be on the back up list of things to do
*Universal/Knotts~Once I added the 5th Disney day (original plan was only 4) I knew these didn’t have much of a chance. If we do have time some free time in an evening I think it would be fun to go to City Walk for dinner
*Museum of Tolerance~I think this sounds amazing but uncertain if it will be too upsetting/mature for my 9 y/o so we will likely skip it this trip.
*TV show tapings~I would really LOVE to do this and did secure “priority seating” for Let’s Make a Deal for our first Saturday in LA. BUT my 9 y/o can’t attend and I hate to do it without her (and my husband). SO this is still very much up in the air. IF we do attend then our WB tour time will need to be changed and then a whole trickle down of changes will occur!
*Disney outlets?? Are there any worth hunting down??

So that is it for now!
Things to do~
Cancel the many “other” hotel reservations I have made
Secure car rental and cancel the several others that I have but aren't happy with
Book WB Tour and Walk in Walts Foot Steps tour
Join AAA of PP discount
Order Photo Pass Plus

I hope to do a better job updating this weekly....therefore (if anyone is still reading this....) you won't get stuck with such long updates!!

POP/Beach Club May 2014

Old 05-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #35
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I'm glad you updated - I had wondered what was happening with your trip plans!

Don't worry about posting long updates. This update you just posted was hardly long at all. My whole TR thread has a lot of long updates and it has the most views out of any TR thread in this entire DLR trip report forum! That should tell you something! People like to get involved, get to know you and follow along. They like to feel as though they are walking side by side, involved in the plans, traveling along on your trip too.

Well, needless to say, I'm sorry to see that Catalina was taken off the agenda because it really is a great day trip and it really is best to start off by doing a day trip to see if you like it, rather than committing to a multi-day stay when you might not like it! But, on the other hand, going for one day makes it difficult to squeeze in certain activities.

At the same time, I totally, completely, 100% understand the money issues involved. It is a lot to spend to go for one day, even if you found discounts online. You can see why the Catalina Express Free Birthday Boat ride is such a great deal and value! I can't believe they're offering it for a third year in a row, but I am taking advantage of it again. Otherwise, I'm not sure I'd be going back this year, even though I love Catalina. I couldn't afford it if not for that free boat ride! (I'll post photos and updates on that July trip in my Catalina TR that you're already subscribed to.)

I've been staying at the Paradise Pier since December of 2000. I really like it there. I've gotten free upgrades to DCA view rooms on my last 3 trips (Dec. 2012, Dec. 2011 and Dec, 2010) -- I think largely because I checked in very, very, very early in the morning (hint hint hint). I hope you like it too!

I don't think it makes much sense to do the Griffith Observatory and the Getty on the same day. They are nowhere near each other, really, and you will want time to explore both (The Getty has gorgeous gardens). You should do the Getty on the day when you do Santa Monica and Venice -- it makes more geographical sense.

The Grove/Farmers Market should be on the same day as the Tar Pits (and don't forget to check out the sculpture garden, the giant rock and the crazy street lights at LACMA next door to the Tar Pits). They are too close together to not do them on the same day.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #36
stacy~**
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I'm glad you updated - I had wondered what was happening with your trip plans!

Don't worry about posting long updates. This update you just posted was hardly long at all. My whole TR thread has a lot of long updates and it has the most views out of any TR thread in this entire DLR trip report forum! That should tell you something! People like to get involved, get to know you and follow along. They like to feel as though they are walking side by side, involved in the plans, traveling along on your trip too.

Well, needless to say, I'm sorry to see that Catalina was taken off the agenda because it really is a great day trip and it really is best to start off by doing a day trip to see if you like it, rather than committing to a multi-day stay when you might not like it! But, on the other hand, going for one day makes it difficult to squeeze in certain activities.

At the same time, I totally, completely, 100% understand the money issues involved. It is a lot to spend to go for one day, even if you found discounts online. You can see why the Catalina Express Free Birthday Boat ride is such a great deal and value! I can't believe they're offering it for a third year in a row, but I am taking advantage of it again. Otherwise, I'm not sure I'd be going back this year, even though I love Catalina. I couldn't afford it if not for that free boat ride! (I'll post photos and updates on that July trip in my Catalina TR that you're already subscribed to.)

I've been staying at the Paradise Pier since December of 2000. I really like it there. I've gotten free upgrades to DCA view rooms on my last 3 trips (Dec. 2012, Dec. 2011 and Dec, 2010) -- I think largely because I checked in very, very, very early in the morning (hint hint hint). I hope you like it too!

I don't think it makes much sense to do the Griffith Observatory and the Getty on the same day. They are nowhere near each other, really, and you will want time to explore both (The Getty has gorgeous gardens). You should do the Getty on the day when you do Santa Monica and Venice -- it makes more geographical sense.

The Grove/Farmers Market should be on the same day as the Tar Pits (and don't forget to check out the sculpture garden, the giant rock and the crazy street lights at LACMA next door to the Tar Pits). They are too close together to not do them on the same day.
Sherry~Thanks for chiming in!! I thought of you when we decided to cut Catalina. In all honesty I didn't ever really have DH sold on it to begin with and then when you add in the cost and the drive to Long Beach it just didn't survive.

Great hint about the early check in. Unforntunately that probably won't happen since we are still touring in LA that day but one can always cross their fingers!! Unless we stay in LA Tuesday night and head to Anaheim Wednesday morning. Hmmm...

Thank you for the touring advice so if I change Sunday to BH/FM/Grove/City Walk??, Monday to Getty/SM/VB and Tuesday to Tar Pits/LACMA/Griffith/Grove (if Extra Filming only since we will do on Sunday). Are those days too busy now?? Is that enough stuff on Sunday?

I really appreciate your distance prospective, Sherry! (or anyone else that has recent travel experience). On our last trip we spent too much time in the car and I am REALLY trying to do the best I can to keep it under control.

POP/Beach Club May 2014

Old 05-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #37
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Sherry~Thanks for chiming in!! I thought of you when we decided to cut Catalina. In all honesty I didn't ever really have DH sold on it to begin with and then when you add in the cost and the drive to Long Beach it just didn't survive.

Great hint about the early check in. Unforntunately that probably won't happen since we are still touring in LA that day but one can always cross their fingers!! Unless we stay in LA Tuesday night and head to Anaheim Wednesday morning. Hmmm...

Thank you for the touring advice so if I change Sunday to BH/FM/Grove/City Walk??, Monday to Getty/SM/VB and Tuesday to Tar Pits/LACMA/Griffith/Grove (if Extra Filming only since we will do on Sunday). Are those days too busy now?? Is that enough stuff on Sunday?

I really appreciate your distance prospective, Sherry! (or anyone else that has recent travel experience). On our last trip we spent too much time in the car and I am REALLY trying to do the best I can to keep it under control.

You're welcome!

Driving to Long Beach isn't bad, since you'll be driving everywhere else around town. But I think that if you couldn't sell DH on a day trip to Catalina, I'm not sure an even more expensive multi-day trip to the Island would go over well either! It's really best to start out with the day trip. Maybe next time.

Let's see - your Monday plan is good and should stay as is. Santa Monica, Venice and the Getty are all on the "Westside" of town (though in different spots around the Westside), so that's why I thought it would make more sense to do those in one day. Start off at the Getty, and then make your way to the other places.

Beverly Hills/FM/Grove make sense in the same day, I guess, if you don't want to do the Tar Pits/LACMA in the same day as FM/The Grove. I don't know if Extra films at the same time every day (I saw Maria Menounos meeting fans in the late morning/early afternoon mid-week in March last year), but they are at The Grove more often than other places -- unless there is some special story that brings them to another location.

Does your husband like cars? There is a car museum here (the Petersen Automotive Museum), very close to the Tar Pits and LACMA, that's kind of cool.

Sometimes in the summer there might be little concerts at The Grove too. I don't know if those happen as often as they used to, but I once saw Alanis Morissette perform there a long time ago.

Even though they're not exactly next door neighbors, I think I would do the Griffith Observatory and CityWalk in the same day -- Griffith in the daytime and CityWalk in the early evening.

Or, if you roam around Hollywood I would say that you could tack on CityWalk at the end of your Hollywood day. (Again, I am kind of grouping things together based on where they are located in and around L.A.)

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 05-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #38
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Sounds like a great trip. Very jealous of your stay at PP. With 10 nights I just can't justify that cost....right now. I think it would mean my 4 nights in Anaheim would cost as much as my 6 other nights elsewhere!

Can't wait to read more about your trip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Old 05-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #39
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Hi to the op and all. Just wondering about your purchase of Disneyland tix...did you go that yet? We are going to dl 8/20 to 8/24 and staying at pp. Haven't done much planning. Going to go back and read your ptr now!

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC, CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR,Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL. The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #40
stacy~**
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
You're welcome!

Driving to Long Beach isn't bad, since you'll be driving everywhere else around town. But I think that if you couldn't sell DH on a day trip to Catalina, I'm not sure an even more expensive multi-day trip to the Island would go over well either! It's really best to start out with the day trip. Maybe next time.

Let's see - your Monday plan is good and should stay as is. Santa Monica, Venice and the Getty are all on the "Westside" of town (though in different spots around the Westside), so that's why I thought it would make more sense to do those in one day. Start off at the Getty, and then make your way to the other places.

Beverly Hills/FM/Grove make sense in the same day, I guess, if you don't want to do the Tar Pits/LACMA in the same day as FM/The Grove. I don't know if Extra films at the same time every day (I saw Maria Menounos meeting fans in the late morning/early afternoon mid-week in March last year), but they are at The Grove more often than other places -- unless there is some special story that brings them to another location.

Does your husband like cars? There is a car museum here (the Petersen Automotive Museum), very close to the Tar Pits and LACMA, that's kind of cool.

Sometimes in the summer there might be little concerts at The Grove too. I don't know if those happen as often as they used to, but I once saw Alanis Morissette perform there a long time ago.

Even though they're not exactly next door neighbors, I think I would do the Griffith Observatory and CityWalk in the same day -- Griffith in the daytime and CityWalk in the early evening.

Or, if you roam around Hollywood I would say that you could tack on CityWalk at the end of your Hollywood day. (Again, I am kind of grouping things together based on where they are located in and around L.A.)
Once again...great advice. My trip planning notebook is getting a workout. LOVE the helpful insights. I think I am *close* to figuring it all out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Sounds like a great trip. Very jealous of your stay at PP. With 10 nights I just can't justify that cost....right now. I think it would mean my 4 nights in Anaheim would cost as much as my 6 other nights elsewhere!

Can't wait to read more about your trip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
Thank you! I am starting to get really excited!! I don't normally book a trip this far in advance so there was a period there where I thought it would never get here so the excitement wanned a bit. Now things are kicking back up!!

The PP nightly rate is killing me. Really it is but I just want to be "on property" so badly. If you decide to look into it I did get a small AAA discount and I didn't even need to book through AAA to get it. I also didn't need a number to hold it (although I do plan to join before we go!).

I really tried to find a more affordable place for our first 4 LA nights but while it is cheaper than PP it won't bring my nightly average down too much. Oh well....fortunately we can afford the splurge (although personally I always am looking for the best deal regardless!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by teentoddlermom View Post
Hi to the op and all. Just wondering about your purchase of Disneyland tix...did you go that yet? We are going to dl 8/20 to 8/24 and staying at pp. Haven't done much planning. Going to go back and read your ptr now!
Hiya, Teentoddlermom! Thanks for reading. No I haven't purchased tickets yet and am undecided what to do about them. I might just end up *gasp* purchasing them from Disney. I know there are several ways to get slightly discounted tickets (Orbitz, etc.) but not sure if I want to deal with all that. I guess I do need to make a decision soon. Does anyone know if local California AAA offices carry discounted tickets? Since I am from Ohio our offices only have WDW tickets.

POP/Beach Club May 2014

Old 05-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #41
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Hi we are staying at pp too! I only got a teeny discounted aaa rate too. But I really want to stay on property and I think pp seems pretty convenient to both parks!

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC, CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR,Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL. The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #42
stacy~**
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teentoddlermom View Post
Hi we are staying at pp too! I only got a teeny discounted aaa rate too. But I really want to stay on property and I think pp seems pretty convenient to both parks!
Can't wait to stay there too. When we stayed at the Hojo in 2007 it was pretty convenient so I am expecting this to be amazing. Plus I love the idea of walking in and out through DTD.....especially now that there is an Earl of Sandwich. I imagine many a late night dinners there.

POP/Beach Club May 2014

Old 05-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #43
stacy~**
Mouseketeer

Getting Stuff Done and Watching Movies

Yes...I just randomly gave this post a title. Not sure why? But I kinda like it.

So as far as getting stuff done~

Photopass plus is ordered
AAA membership has been purchased
Car rental (for 10 days @ $255) with AAA discount has been made

Some progress...right??

As far as movies....well back in December I decided that to make a countdown until our trip would be depressing since it would be like a million days so instead we chose 20 movies that we wanted to watch before the trip. It was set to be about 1 movie every 10 days. Wellllll....we haven't done all that well and are really going to need to get watching. We have now watched 5 (the 5th one being last night). So here is our list...a few are pretty random but that is just how it goes.

Pinocchio
Adventures of Icabod and Mr. Toad
Alice in Wonderland
Lady and the Tramp-Watched!!
Brave
Oliver and Co
Brother Bear
Pocahontas-Watched (last night!)!
Sword and the Stone
Wall-E-Watched
Cars
A Bugs Life
James and the Giant Peach
Fantasia
Meet the Robinsons
Secret world of Arietty
Hercules-Watched
Up
Tower of Terror-Watched!
Frankenweenie

So....I see alot of pizza, popcorn and movies in the next 60ish days!!

POP/Beach Club May 2014

Old 05-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #44
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Can't wait to stay there too. When we stayed at the Hojo in 2007 it was pretty convenient so I am expecting this to be amazing. Plus I love the idea of walking in and out through DTD.....especially now that there is an Earl of Sandwich. I imagine many a late night dinners there.
Some suggestions -

1. Go out the front entrance of PPH to Disneyland Drive, cross the street and take the "short cut" from the PPH through the Grand Californian Hotel lobby to get to wherever you are going. (I don't know if the grandfather clock is back in the GCH lobby - it was missing when I was there in December -- but if it is, look for the hidden Mickey on the clock.) It's a nice way to start and end the day -- enjoying a bit of that elegant GCH atmosphere.

From the GCH you can either follow the signs to the entrance to DCA and go into DCA that way, or follow the signs to DTD and head to the parks that way. Earl of Sandwich is at the opposite end of DTD from where the parks are -- it is close to the Disneyland Hotel, ESPN Zone, Rainforest Cafe and all of those places.

2. Look for the not-so-hidden white-on-white Mickey icons in the bedding on the PPH beds. Actually, there are Mickey icons in several places in the rooms, but those can sometimes be overlooked unless one is really examining the bedding up close.

3. Make sure to check your order before you leave Earl of Sandwich! The DTD Earl of Sandwich is a great value and the sandwiches are good. However, they make a lot of mistakes, from minor things (like leaving certain ingredients on the sandwich that the customers asked to be left OFF of the sandwiches), to major mistakes (like giving a customer the completely wrong sandwich).

I have since read other accounts of mistakes made at EoS, so it seems to be something that happens fairly often.

Because my sandwich was so snugly wrapped and packaged up in the convenient take-out bag, I just took it back to the PPH to eat in my room and I didn't discover the mistake until then. I should have checked the order before I left the restaurant.

On a different night, my friend noticed she had the completely wrong sandwich as she was eating it, but she ended up liking the sandwich and the front counter was busy with customers so she didn't complain.

Mistakes and all, I still ended up getting food from Earl of Sandwich 3 nights in a row in December, so they did a good job for the most part!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #45
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Hi Stacy!

I just started following along on your TR! We will be in CA for 10 days in July too, the 19th-29th. We are staying at the Candy Cane Inn the last 5 days and doing DL/CA. It will be our first trip! I saw you were still waiting on getting tickets, we just did the Orbitz deal buy 3 days get the 4th free, and I think they had the same deal for buy 4 get the 5th free. It's worth checking out. I still need to order PhotoPass+ also, I can't believe we are right about the 2 month mark already! I am looking forward to following along on more of your planning!!!

~Beth

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: