Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #2971
chimommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 338

Just booked WL woods view for 5 nights in dec. very excited... It our first time staying at a Disney property... Any suggestions for location room request? Hoping they will offer some discounts later... But not planning on it
chimommy is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #2972
kroy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13

Elderly Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
Bit down right now.
Had to take my 17year old cat to the vets for the last time, hurts.

Needed to come over here and look at the pretty pictures and all. Think happy thoughts.
We are contemplating a Disney World stay toward the end of the Food and Wine Festival this year, but our elderly cat (just turned 19!) is declining and we don't want to make reservations just yet. He has good days and bad days and is probably on life 13 by now! We spent a week at the VWL in a 2 BR in January with the grand kids, and our poor old cat did not do well being boarded during that time. We've had many cats over 46 years, and we've always felt that part of the commitment in owning a pet is that at the end of life you make sure he has a peaceful and comfortable exit. It's not easy or cheap, but it's the right thing to do!
kroy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #2973
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 3,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
Just booked WL woods view for 5 nights in dec. very excited... It our first time staying at a Disney property... Any suggestions for location room request? Hoping they will offer some discounts later... But not planning on it
We had a woods view booked for our stay last month. The only request I made was 5th floor or higher. We ended up on the 6th floor with a view of the castle with a partially obscured view of the fireworks. We liked being on that side of the resort because I liked being able to see the water, the boats, the Contemporary, and the castle. It was also close to the elevator that came out near Roaring Forks.

We have booked a woods view room for five nights in Dec, too. We had a dormer balcony last time. But I don't really want one this time, even though it means I might not be able to see the castle on a lower floor. But I am going to request the North wing again. I really liked being on that side of the resort.

There are a lot of pictures of the different resort rooms and their views on the first page of this thread. I spent a couple months researching what location I wanted. You'll find that there are a lot of favorites out there.
__________________
~ Sue


Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #2974
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer
 
RedfromNL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vianen, Netherlands
Posts: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroy View Post
We are contemplating a Disney World stay toward the end of the Food and Wine Festival this year, but our elderly cat (just turned 19!) is declining and we don't want to make reservations just yet. He has good days and bad days and is probably on life 13 by now! We spent a week at the VWL in a 2 BR in January with the grand kids, and our poor old cat did not do well being boarded during that time. We've had many cats over 46 years, and we've always felt that part of the commitment in owning a pet is that at the end of life you make sure he has a peaceful and comfortable exit. It's not easy or cheap, but it's the right thing to do!
Totally true.

And I understand about not booking just yet!
RedfromNL is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #2975
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator


The decision was made...we booked Wilderness Lodge instead of Contemporary or Animal Kingdom Lodge!

This thread and so many positive reviews convinced us to book for 09/08 - 09/13.

We booked a Standard View - where are all those standard view rooms?
I have only seen some pictures of rooms overlooking the driveway for deliveries and garbage etc.

Should I request something or are the views really only of this driveway?
It is not that important what view we have, but I think we should try to make the best of it.
Congratulations on booking your trip. We were there last September and had such a great time we booked for this year and will be there from 9/6 to 9/15.

As far as view, the map on the first page of the thread shows that there are relatively few areas that are classified as standard view. Booking standard view gets you standard view or better, so the opportunity exists to get any view. We have only booked standard view but have stayed in nice Woods and Courtyard view rooms. Especially when crowds are low, there is always a chance for a prettier view, and it is a nice bit of pixie dust if you get it.

For requests, we happen to enjoy a room that opens to the lobby, but some prefer a quieter location in one of the wings. The North wing has potential for a MK or Wishes view, and is closer to Roaring Forks for quick service food.

Enjoy your trip, it should be great!
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #2976
mikepdc
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Hmmm... All the VWL beds are supposed to be queens. Maybe you could ask a mousekeeper if you could take a peak into another Studio to see if it's the same size?

Hope you're having great vacation despite the bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

All studios have a queen and a double sleeper sofa (except for OKW which has two queen beds). And they are queen beds. I've measured them.
Thanks for the replies. I think the bed here (without a footboard) just looked smaller than my queen bed at home. We're having a great vacation and loving the Lodge!
mikepdc is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #2977
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,532

Does anyone know exactly what cardio machines are in Sturdy Branches? The only ones I can see from the photos are tredmill and cycle.

Thanks!
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...
CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #2978
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 3,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Does anyone know exactly what cardio machines are in Sturdy Branches? The only ones I can see from the photos are tredmill and cycle.

Thanks!
There is a lot of information about the health club at this web site:

Wilderness Lodge.com/sturdy branches health club
__________________
~ Sue


Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 04:26 AM   #2979
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Does anyone know exactly what cardio machines are in Sturdy Branches? The only ones I can see from the photos are tredmill and cycle.

Thanks!
Sturdy Branches has 3 Life Fitness bikes, 3 elliptical/cross trainers and 6 Life Fitness treadmills. I thought there was a Life Fitness recumbent bike, but I don't see it in my photos so I may be thinking of the Olympiad gym at CR that has a couple of recumbents. The photos on the site Wood Nymph posted show a recumbent, but those photos are pretty old.







WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #2980
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,532

^^ Thank you!!

BTW can I just cuz in just 4 months from today ....... We can be welcomed home!

__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...

Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 03-19-2013 at 08:35 AM.
CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #2981
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,561

So I am still on the Lodgers' Log for August

Kook grab your pencil...

DH and I will be at WL 4/3-4/5 in a Honeymoon room

For you fabulous Lodgers...this is the 2nd trip I was blessed with a discount (it was BB in 2012 and AP this Spring)
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #2982
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,067

Checking out of AKV now - this is the 1st I've had a chance to get online. Spent 1st nights at WL CL - amazing! Loved it! And YES THEY HAD OATMEAL!!! Got to meet Randy, what a nice guy. Turns out we had a gift basket in our room upon arrival - signed from an old high school friend that we haven't seen since the 80's. Turns out he's the room inventory manager at WL! We had booked standard & had 7055 which was bunks with a pool view. Sweet!

Weather was PERFECT all week- sunny but a cool breeze & not a drop of rain. No humidity either. Very chily at night but we like it that way. Parks were moderately full. We did the Easter Egg Hunt at Epcot yesterday, that was something we've never done before.

Time to get ME...so sad....I hear we have snow at home...
__________________




Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #2983
AngiTN
Mouseketeer
 
AngiTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Signal Mountain, TN
Posts: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I wonder how AngiTN has been enjoying her WL/CL stay with her DGD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
She had the room across from us and I only saw her to say hello when they were coming in late on Thursday evening. They had the cutest signs on their door for DGD's birthday!
We did see each other, every so briefly. Sort of neat to be right across from each other, in that big ole resort.

We did have a blast. So hard to be gone for 10 days (12 if you count our travel time) though. Both DH and I were hugely backed up at work. I am caught up, he is not. But that is why I haven't had time to get on here and post our updates.

It got so cold we ended up not being able to enjoy the pool as much as I had hoped to. But we enjoyed our time at the resort and had no complaints at all. The staff was wonderful. They did a great job decorating the room for us.

The Mousekeepers often posed Melody's stuffed toys so that they were all on the bed watching TV when we returned to the resort. That was a hoot

On our next to the last day someone (no idea if it was staff, mousekeeping, or someone else) left Melody a huge birthday balloon tied to our door. It was super sweet and stayed nice enough that we were able to take it home and use it in her birthday party at home.

There was a darling family of ducks that swam in the pool right with everyone. It was so cute.

I have pics and will try to get them uploaded soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
150 days!!!!!!

No questions today, but maybe we can all list specific WL sights, sounds, and smells that when we experience them someplace else, make us think (and miss!) the lodge.
For me, the smell of mesquite in a BBQ and hearing Appalachian Spring can transport me. A more vague connection is that sometimes the sounds in a large space echoing can make me think of the lobby.
How about you?
I can't think of Ketchup without hearing them announce that someone wants Ketchup down in WCC. There was one server that could hold those notes forever. Folks dining would start cheering. It was always fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Does anyone have any recent pics of the club level offerings?
I never took any pics but I think I can recall the main items

as of 3/8 (this is based on my memory and is not a complete list but close)
Breakfast
4 cold cereals
Oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins and craisins to add
Cut up fresh fruit, cantelope, honeydo, watermellon, grapes
Apples, bananas, oranges (this was out at all times)
Blueberry muffins, chocolate muffins, cinnamon rolls
Crossaints
2-3 kinds of bagels
butter, jam, peanut butter, cream cheese
Coffee, brewed and machine with latte, cocoa, etc
Variety of tea bags
Milk, white and chocolate, boxes and pourable
Juices, orange, cranberry, apple
Water, still and sparkling

Snacks
Goldfish
Snack mix with an Asian flare (wasabi peas, nuts, sesame sticks, etc)
Gummies
Chips (housemade sort) with dip
Sodas
Lemonade, mixed juice like a fruit punch (forget exactly what)
Waters again

Heartier snack time
Beers, Moosehead, YingLing, domestic Light beer (Bud maybe?) one more I'm forgetting
Wines, 2 Fingers Merlot, a Cab, a Chardonnay
Bread with 2 spreads, humus, baba ganosh (SP?), roasted pepper spread, etc
Cold salad, house made. Varied daily, always great
Soup, varied daily
Peanut Butter & Jelly shooters
1 hot item, some we had were (that I recall)
Pot stickers
BBQ (pulled pork)
Grilled Chicken on a stick
Crab ragoons
Fresh veggies with dip

Cordial/desert time
bar cookies
cobbler, varied daily
cookies
brownies
in addition to wine/beer
liqueurs like Kahlua, Grand Mariner, Irish Cream, etc
__________________
AngiTN is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #2984
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
^^ Thank you!!

BTW can I just cuz in just 4 months from today ....... We can be welcomed home!

You're welcome and here's a little something for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
So I am still on the Lodgers' Log for August

Kook grab your pencil...

DH and I will be at WL 4/3-4/5 in a Honeymoon room

For you fabulous Lodgers...this is the 2nd trip I was blessed with a discount (it was BB in 2012 and AP this Spring)
So you really want me to officially erase August? I shall use a huge Sharpie to place your Honeymoon Suite nights into the Log, my sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Checking out of AKV now - this is the 1st I've had a chance to get online. Spent 1st nights at WL CL - amazing! Loved it! And YES THEY HAD OATMEAL!!! Got to meet Randy, what a nice guy. Turns out we had a gift basket in our room upon arrival - signed from an old high school friend that we haven't seen since the 80's. Turns out he's the room inventory manager at WL! We had booked standard & had 7055 which was bunks with a pool view. Sweet!

Weather was PERFECT all week- sunny but a cool breeze & not a drop of rain. No humidity either. Very chily at night but we like it that way. Parks were moderately full. We did the Easter Egg Hunt at Epcot yesterday, that was something we've never done before.

Time to get ME...so sad....I hear we have snow at home...
No wonder you didn't reply to my PM. What a coincidence with the gift basket being from your young (never old) high school friend! How sweet and thoughtful!

Are you taking any oatmeal home with you as a memento? Can't wait to hear more about your trip when you get back home - stay warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
We did see each other, every so briefly. Sort of neat to be right across from each other, in that big ole resort.

We did have a blast. So hard to be gone for 10 days (12 if you count our travel time) though. Both DH and I were hugely backed up at work. I am caught up, he is not. But that is why I haven't had time to get on here and post our updates.

It got so cold we ended up not being able to enjoy the pool as much as I had hoped to. But we enjoyed our time at the resort and had no complaints at all. The staff was wonderful. They did a great job decorating the room for us.

The Mousekeepers often posed Melody's stuffed toys so that they were all on the bed watching TV when we returned to the resort. That was a hoot

On our next to the last day someone (no idea if it was staff, mousekeeping, or someone else) left Melody a huge birthday balloon tied to our door. It was super sweet and stayed nice enough that we were able to take it home and use it in her birthday party at home.

There was a darling family of ducks that swam in the pool right with everyone. It was so cute.

I have pics and will try to get them uploaded soon.



I can't think of Ketchup without hearing them announce that someone wants Ketchup down in WCC. There was one server that could hold those notes forever. Folks dining would start cheering. It was always fun.


I never took any pics but I think I can recall the main items

as of 3/8 (this is based on my memory and is not a complete list but close)
Breakfast
4 cold cereals
Oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins and craisins to add
Cut up fresh fruit, cantelope, honeydo, watermellon, grapes
Apples, bananas, oranges (this was out at all times)
Blueberry muffins, chocolate muffins, cinnamon rolls
Crossaints
2-3 kinds of bagels
butter, jam, peanut butter, cream cheese
Coffee, brewed and machine with latte, cocoa, etc
Variety of tea bags
Milk, white and chocolate, boxes and pourable
Juices, orange, cranberry, apple
Water, still and sparkling

Snacks
Goldfish
Snack mix with an Asian flare (wasabi peas, nuts, sesame sticks, etc)
Gummies
Chips (housemade sort) with dip
Sodas
Lemonade, mixed juice like a fruit punch (forget exactly what)
Waters again

Heartier snack time
Beers, Moosehead, YingLing, domestic Light beer (Bud maybe?) one more I'm forgetting
Wines, 2 Fingers Merlot, a Cab, a Chardonnay
Bread with 2 spreads, humus, baba ganosh (SP?), roasted pepper spread, etc
Cold salad, house made. Varied daily, always great
Soup, varied daily
Peanut Butter & Jelly shooters
1 hot item, some we had were (that I recall)
Pot stickers
BBQ (pulled pork)
Grilled Chicken on a stick
Crab ragoons
Fresh veggies with dip

Cordial/desert time
bar cookies
cobbler, varied daily
cookies
brownies
in addition to wine/beer
liqueurs like Kahlua, Grand Mariner, Irish Cream, etc
Looking forward to seeing your photos and thanks for checking in with us! What was your DGD's favorite thing at WL?
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #2985
AngiTN
Mouseketeer
 
AngiTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Signal Mountain, TN
Posts: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Looking forward to seeing your photos and thanks for checking in with us! What was your DGD's favorite thing at WL?
That is a good question. She really loved so much about it. Matter of fact, early in to our trip she informed us that anytime we have to stay in a hotel she wants it to be this one. She loved the Lounge. She had to look in there every time we came back, even if it was closed. She got a kick out of running from the elevator to our room (we got room 7045 so not a long walk and had nice views overlooking the courtyard).

She really liked the foods in the Lounge too. Drank lots of Apple Juice, which was a surprise since she'd never really had it before. Loved the Peanut Butter and Jelly shooters. Another surprise since in the past she only liked Peanut butter, no jelly.

The pool was a hit, what little we got to use it.
__________________
AngiTN is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: