Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
kerryc6
Earning My Ears

Another Mom with a Question

Trip in August from NC with our two boys (13 and 11)

Have done Magic Kingdom every few years with no Disney parks.

We have one day we can go to WDW.. I'd like to take them to Epcot, but fear they will be bored... I think MK might be worth another trip (last trip August 2011).

Thanks for your opinions!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Orreed
Olivia

Is park hopper an option? If you hit EPOCT in the morning, you could get the headliners done (Dash to Soarin', and single rider Test Track. You would have time to do some other rides too, and come back at night for a World Showcase dinner and Illuminations fireworks.) and take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. If this is not an option, I'm sure they wouldn't mind going to a new park. EPOCT has a lot of cool things. It's my least favorite park, but many Teens love it. I'd show them some of the attractions, and see how much interests them. EPOCT is really cool, and has a nice vibe. Teenagers love to eat, and the EPOCT food is the best! If they are adventurous, Tangerine Cafe has really good Moroccan food. Really it comes down to what they like. EPOCT is not so much about rides as much as discovery. Have a great trip!
Orreed is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

I personally love Epcot. It's my favorite park. Walking around the World Showcase is really cool, you can ride Maelstrom and the Gran Fiesta Tour. You could also do Agent P's World Showcase Adventure. Plus there's tons of good food places, China and Mexico both have delicious food.
There's tons of stuff to do in Future World too; Soarin', Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space, the Seas with Nemo and Friends, etc.

It just depends on what your sons like. My brothers are 15 and 14 and they like Epcot because of Test Track, Soarin', and the food.

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
niallsprincess
"Lets never lose sight of one thing; It all started with a mouse." ~Walt Disney

I don't think EPCOT would be boring for them. I was in LOVE with EPCOT when I was that age, because I thought all the different countries in World Showcase was the coolest thing ever and my little brain was always trying to figure out how they made the countries look so perfect. There's lots and lots of rides too, so I don't think you could make EPCOT a boring place even if you try. Even if your kids aren't all that into the whole World Showcase thing, there's still lots of rides outside of that. And, there's no way you can see all of EPCOT in one day, so I just don't think there's any way for it to be boring.

"Think of all the joy you'll find when you leave the world behind, and bid your cares goodbye." ~Peter Pan
Dad Mom Brother Brother Me
Aspiring Artist.
I want you to want me this way, and I need you to need me to stay. If you say that you don't feel a thing, if you don't know, let me go...
And tomorrow's just a dream away...
niallsprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
RaniNTink
Earning My Ears

The Disney park hopper is a great option. You can take them to one park for the morning and then another park for the afternoon. Don't forget fastpasses to help with the fast rides
Oct 2010 Boardwalk Inn
Jan 2010 AKV
May 2009 Saratoga Springs
Jan 2008 All Star Movies / Boardwalk Villas
Jan 2007 All Star Movies / Boardwalk Villas
Jan 2006 Beach club Villas
Jan 2005 Beach club Villas
Jan 2004 Grand Floridian
RaniNTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
StarTunnel
Does not compute.

I agree with the park-hopper idea. Go to Epcot early morning and then MK later in the afternoon.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
barefootMom
Mouseketeer

IYou should show your boys the attractions and let them pick... You can't go wrong! Park hopper is also a great idea...
barefootMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
kerryc6
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the input everyone!

I will have to check our tickets - we have 1 day left on some multi-day tickets from a couple of years ago (yes, with a no expiration option :-) but not sure about park hopper. I think we will do MK - the boys and DH seem pretty set after looking at the attractions - and DH wasn't able to come last time in 2008.

thanks again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: