Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #616
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I'm excited about officially starting on Monday! :-) .... I have been under the weather all weekend. NOT a good way to start this week with my return to the classroom...DS is playing in the bathtub.
Hope it was a great first day!!! And hope you are feeling better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ticker check!!! One more month until 11 glorious days at the YC!!!! Yahoo on 30 day countdown! ... Our friends are so excited about the trip, I cannot wait! Next weekend we are all making tie dye tee shirts to wear one day of our trip ~ all 9 of us!!! That will be a sight.
Yahoo on 30 day countdown Oh boy, 9 of those tie-dyes surely will be a sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I agree you should consider coming on the Diva trip ... where else can you see 70+ ladies doing a pub crawl in orange shirts?
When you put it THAT way it sounds like an episode of next season's American Horror Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I will get myself ready first and won't wake the kids up until like 6:20. They'll be fine, and if they aren't then tough because they're in Disney and they'll like it!

Quote:
I drank too many beers at dinner and didn't get to buy a bra at the mall!
Oh, that's funny. I hope you requested express delivery for the online shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
It was great to meet my fellow Dis sistas They are such lovely, kind and FUN people! I agree -- we need to do a ladies trip! Can't wait to meet more of you!
I'd love to do the Divas trip someday to California. I'd sure try to get over to WDW for a meet, too. ... Continued well wishes for your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml3679 View Post
We originally booked POFQ for 11 nights this coming December and then to surprise my DH - switched to Wilderness Lodge. He found out and was happy. Now we have talked ourselves into changing to POR to save around $2700. We wanted to take our whole family (2 daughters, 2 son-in-laws and 2 grandchildren) to Disney in 2015 for our 30th anniversary and would rather put the extra money towards that. It looks quiet. We also added a night.
A big anniversary trip with the family sure is a great reason to change. You will appreciate the extra day this time at POR. It is such a great Resort.

Quote:
Do you watch American Horror Story too? ... He IS going to be in it!!! And they announced that the third season is going to be The Coven.
disneydreamin247, lulu'smom, and wookie: Oh yes! Jessican Lange and Evan Peters are wonderful. And that wacky Ryan Murphy is quite the yarn-spinner. Nip/Tuck was so good, too. Thanks for the juicy tidbit about next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
When I read this last night, I read it as "DH is playing in the bathtub" and I was like "awww, that's so cute he still likes to act like a kid and play in the bathtub."
Me too! Warped minds from too much Ryan Murphy...

Quote:
I didn't know that the writer also writes for Glee. That explains the episode with Name Game episode.
Lana Lana bo banna...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
We spent a nice weekend at the ranch ... So grateful that I feel well enough to clean and go to the store to restock, plus plan a WDW trip! ... So grateful that I feel well enough to clean and go to the store to restock, plus plan a WDW trip!
That's so true, it's all about perspective. Glad you are feeling well. Getting up and away for us is so stressful and the workload is so much, but we are so blessed to be able to go as often as we do and wouldn't have it any other way. ... Where is your ranch???? I love to hear about RCer getaway spots. ... Funny about the COOKING for Easter. Yup... that's way too much to do the day before. How long will you be at WDW??? I may be there at the same time.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #617
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Mornin Peeps!!

Miss, hope our Miss M is feeling better And I would (and did) sleep in my kids rooms when they were sick...I was always checking on them anyway, might as well be close...

Dani, love the new ticker! And who needs bras anyway?? I'll take beer over getting a new one anyday!!

Koh, good luck at work today!

Wookie, hope you are feeling better today .. and I was happy to read that you will be receving your tax return this Wednesday! (hey, first day of spring!)... let's hope this is not another "the check is in the mail" thing ....

Piglets Mommy, happy that the art show rocked for Martina! We always enjoy going to North Penn's, there are amazingly talented kids out there... p.s. Let me know about this weekend!

Candace, Congrats on passing your test!! It's great that the test is behind you so your focus can be on the trip. Love the tie-dye shirt idea for all of you... that will make a great pix.... And like your plans for 2014/15... 2 weeks would be amazing in Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
JANET: you should join the DIVA trip it would be AWESOME to see both you AND Linda -- remember that girls Trip we were all talking about last year? And we got amazing rate for the GRAND too! doesn't get better than that
Quote:
I agree you should consider coming on the Diva trip ... where else can you see 70+ ladies doing a pub crawl in orange shirts?
Thanks Marie and Linda! I would love to join up with you....Linda you kind of grabbed me at pub crawl... It would be fabulous to meet you Marie and of course see Linda again and hang with you both! will have to think and talk to DH about my trips... will let you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
JanetB, thanks for the good juju for my uncle. And as for POLY, this is another wrong that must be righted... ... and I am just the gal to help YOU, too. Just say the word...
Magic, when I need the enabling you will be the first one I'll call... (sorry that the news on your uncle isn't good )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Happy Saturday... Hope you all have a great weekend. Well, 1 performance of Carousel down 5 to go. They all did an outstanding job. It truly amazing me year after year how it all comes together. Some years you think this is going to be a disaster and then opening night comes and it is brilliant- although this year the French horns in the pit really are bad. (that has a back story)
Congrats!! We really enjoy seeing the school plays.... the kids are amazing, the teachers and parents do a tremendous job making sure that everything goes well.

Quote:
Guess I needed more coffee, we spent a nice weekend at the ranch. DS went back to college last night, end of spring break and we're so happy and looking forward to this upcoming trip.
DS brought several friends with him so I have quite a bit to do today. At least they stripped all the beds and piled all the dirty linens, etc in the laundry room.
And let me tell you about my two empty fridges and freezers .....

So grateful that I feel well enough to clean and go to the store to restock, plus plan a WDW trip!

Oh, yeah, you might appreciate this story.
Told DH last night, since we are leaving the day after Easter, I am NOT cooking Easter SUNDAY. The. End. We are going out. I am making reservations at the country club or somewhere, sweetie, your choice, but I repeat, I.am. NOT.COOKING.EASTER.DINNER.
Sounds like it was a great weekend all around and kudos to you ....I'm liking that female empowerment!!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 03-18-2013 at 10:03 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #618
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Wookie, hope you are feeling better today .. and I was happy to read that you will be receving your tax return this Wednesday! (hey, first day of spring!)... let's hope this is not another "the check is in the mail" thing ....
Thank you, I feel so much better today.

The first thing I am going to do on Wednesday is to check our checking account to see if it's in there. If it's not, they said to not contact the IRS until the 25th.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #619
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Guess I needed more coffee, we spent a nice weekend at the ranch. DS went back to college last night, end of spring break and we're so happy and looking forward to this upcoming trip.
DS brought several friends with him so I have quite a bit to do today. At least they stripped all the beds and piled all the dirty linens, etc in the laundry room.
And let me tell you about my two empty fridges and freezers .....

So grateful that I feel well enough to clean and go to the store to restock, plus plan a WDW trip!

Oh, yeah, you might appreciate this story.
Told DH last night, since we are leaving the day after Easter, I am NOT cooking Easter SUNDAY. The. End. We are going out. I am making reservations at the country club or somewhere, sweetie, your choice, but I repeat, I.am. NOT.COOKING.EASTER.DINNER.
Another AHS fan! We can start a club!

So happy you had an enjoyable weekend. And good for you not cooking Easter dinner!!! It is very silly to put that huge meal together just to leave the next day. It doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Oh, that's funny. I hope you requested express delivery for the online shopping!

disneydreamin247, lulu'smom, and wookie: Oh yes! Jessican Lange and Evan Peters are wonderful. And that wacky Ryan Murphy is quite the yarn-spinner. Nip/Tuck was so good, too. Thanks for the juicy tidbit about next season.

Me too! Warped minds from too much Ryan Murphy...

Lana Lana bo banna...
Evan Peters doesn't know this yet, but we are betrothed.

Saturday I had to turn the bottom of my bra out to prevent myself from getting stabbed! Not a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Mornin Peeps!!

Dani, love the new ticker! And who needs bras anyway?? I'll take beer over getting a new one anyday!!
Oh Daniel said if I ever tried to go out without a bra he would call the cops! Thanks a lot, kid!

I couldn't think of what to put on my ticker. Everything I typed sounded so snooty. I still don't care for it honestly.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #620
aml3679
Kita's Mom

Booked POFQ...Changed to WL...Changed to POR...Paid Vacation Off Today!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #621
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Diva Pub Crawl info .... someone figured out that there are 16 different places to have a drink ... all within walking distance .... wonder who could still walk after that????
Old 03-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #622
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh Daniel said if I ever tried to go out without a bra he would call the cops! Thanks a lot, kid!

Quote:
I couldn't think of what to put on my ticker. Everything I typed sounded so snooty. I still don't care for it honestly.
Dani, you will have a great time at the Poly no matter what...

Quote:
congrats on being PIF!!

Quote:
Diva Pub Crawl info .... someone figured out that there are 16 different places to have a drink ... all within walking distance .... wonder who could still walk after that????
Linda...um... that's why it is called a pub "crawl"

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #623
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
and WOO HOO for having the trip paid off. Hopefully, ours will be paid off on Wednesday.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #624
letthewookiewin

I was wondering if one of you beautiful ladies, who are staying at either the BC/CL or YC/CL could ask the CL CMs a question for me. I tried finding an email address for the BC, but couldn't find one. Since we're not staying CL, I can't ask them. I asked on the BC/YC thread and no one knew for sure the answer. Even though they thought it was no, but their reasoning didn't make sense to me. Here is my question. I know you can't bring floats from home, but you can bring noodles. Have y'all seen the pool noodle chairs? It's basically just a pool noodle, you've twisted into a "u" shape that is being held in that shape by a mesh seat you can sit in. This is what they look like...

Basically, the noodle would still go under one arm, around your back, and under the other arm. The only difference is the mesh seat supporting your rear end. They suggested asking a lifeguard, but I don't want to waste the money buying them if they aren't allowed. Right now, the only time I can see us using them is on our WDW trip, which is even more reason to not buy unless I know it's ok.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #625
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Another AHS fan! We can start a club!

So happy you had an enjoyable weekend. And good for you not cooking Easter dinner!!! It is very silly to put that huge meal together just to leave the next day. It doesn't make sense.

Evan Peters doesn't know this yet, but we are betrothed.

Saturday I had to turn the bottom of my bra out to prevent myself from getting stabbed! Not a good time!

I'm famous for going without bra. my dad actually gets so irritated about it!

How about xxx days until we experience the CL Reboot?? For your ticker.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 03-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #626
letthewookiewin

Quote:

I'm famous for going without bra. my dad actually gets so irritated about it!

How about xxx days until we experience the CL Reboot?? For your ticker.
Me too. I don't wear it unless I am getting out of the car. I have even gone to the Alsup's gas station down the street in the winter with my DH's big 6XL fleece jacket.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #627
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Me too. I don't wear it unless I am getting out of the car. I have even gone to the Alsup's gas station down the street in the winter with my DH's big 6XL fleece jacket.
Oh yeah. If I have my huge Patriots sweatshirt on, I'll even go into Target like that.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 03-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #628
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Oh yeah. If I have my huge Patriots sweatshirt on, I'll even go into Target like that.
Well, I used to go to Wal Mart like that late at night, but then I found out about the website "People of Wal Mart" and it stopped.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #629
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I used to go to Wal Mart like that late at night, but then I found out about the website "People of Wal Mart" and it stopped.
omg I can't stop laughing!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #630
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was wondering if one of you beautiful ladies, who are staying at either the BC/CL or YC/CL could ask the CL CMs a question for me. I tried finding an email address for the BC, but couldn't find one. Since we're not staying CL, I can't ask them. I asked on the BC/YC thread and no one knew for sure the answer. Even though they thought it was no, but their reasoning didn't make sense to me. Here is my question. I know you can't bring floats from home, but you can bring noodles. Have y'all seen the pool noodle chairs? It's basically just a pool noodle, you've twisted into a "u" shape that is being held in that shape by a mesh seat you can sit in. This is what they look like...

Basically, the noodle would still go under one arm, around your back, and under the other arm. The only difference is the mesh seat supporting your rear end. They suggested asking a lifeguard, but I don't want to waste the money buying them if they aren't allowed. Right now, the only time I can see us using them is on our WDW trip, which is even more reason to not buy unless I know it's ok.
That looks really cool, but the reason people don't think it would be allowed is that it might obstruct vision of the pool more? The lifeguards need a clear view of the pool bottom.

If anyone finds out for sure, I'm interested too!! Although I've never seen one of those. i do bring a noodle though Love floating around SAB with one of those big fat noodles!!

Yeah, you don't want to be in one of those People of Walmart photos
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: