Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #3151
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Question: How do you all keep your designs organized? I have all my designs on a thumb drive, and in folders on the drive, but when I want something specific, I have no idea which folder it is in. Do you categorize your designs and put all of say "Mickey" designs in one folder? I made the mistake of buying a cd of designs with over 3000 Disney designs on it. Yes, I said 3,000! So I have no idea what I have. DH put everything on a thumb drive for me and I guess there's a folder where I can view what's on there, but it doesn't work on my MacBook, so I haven't looked at it yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA!
Mine are organized by Designer and then subject. I do have the iconizer from Embird which pops a picture up when browsing so that helps.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #3152
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Mine are organized by Designer and then subject. I do have the iconizer from Embird which pops a picture up when browsing so that helps.
I think the iconizer is probably the BEST money I ever spent that I didn't really need... I have a problem never being able to remember either who made the design or what the name of the design is...LOL/...

While I didn't really NEED it, it has sure made my life easier. Of course, it only works if you actually unzip the file!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #3153
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Have you tried running some vinegar through it? It might help. Anyway, I do that to the coffee maker occasionally to clean it.
Good idea -- I have not tried that. The iron is really old -- maybe about 10 years old and the light that tells me it's on doesn't work ever since I dropped the iron a few months ago. I does a decent job of pressing though, but not perfect.

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #3154
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

I got photobucket to work now!!! Well ,I didn't really get it to work, it decided to be cooperative this time.

Here are the jeans I made to match the dog shirt -- all appliques are Heather's. I planned on putting some small paw prints scattered about too, but dd wanted to wear them right away so in the essence of time, no paw prints.

And the wolf shirt and skirt -- I love these designs from AZ Embroidery Barn because they stitch out so fast! I also wasn't keen on the fabric for the under layer of the skirt, but wanted to use from my stash. Once finished though I think it looks really nice together.

Thanks for looking and now you all know I didn't crawl in a hole and quit sewing. And I'm excited to sew and embroider again so I plan on doing more this week.

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #3155
Lauren326
Earning My Ears

Take orders?

So I was introduced to your amazing talents through a MAW child I was a wish granter for. I was wondering if any of you have your own businesses where you sell custom shirts/items? I do not sew nor own a sewing machine. We are going back to Disney in May with my 10yr old, 9 month old (will be her 1st time) & would love to get some shirts made. Thanks!
Lauren326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #3156
thomtas
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren326 View Post
So I was introduced to your amazing talents through a MAW child I was a wish granter for. I was wondering if any of you have your own businesses where you sell custom shirts/items? I do not sew nor own a sewing machine. We are going back to Disney in May with my 10yr old, 9 month old (will be her 1st time) & would love to get some shirts made. Thanks!
It is against the rules to sell/promote selling on the board. If you look at the signature lines at the bottom of posts you can see some of the ladies Etsy or Ebay names. I do not sell but I have used the names and searched and many of these ladies have awesome stuff!!!!

*Forgot to add~You can also send a message to a specific person whose work you like and find out if they make items for others.

Last edited by thomtas; 03-18-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Added Info
thomtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #3157
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question: How do you all keep your designs organized? I have all my designs on a thumb drive, and in folders on the drive, but when I want something specific, I have no idea which folder it is in. Do you categorize your designs and put all of say "Mickey" designs in one folder? I made the mistake of buying a cd of designs with over 3000 Disney designs on it. Yes, I said 3,000! So I have no idea what I have. DH put everything on a thumb drive for me and I guess there's a folder where I can view what's on there, but it doesn't work on my MacBook, so I haven't looked at it yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA!
Needleworks is free and lets you open/view PES files on your mac. It also installs so they are viewable in the finder, but you have to unzip them. I beleive the embrilliance thumbnailer sees into the ZIPs, I know Embrilliance Essentials does. I have all my files organized by categories then sub folders inside. Like I have holidays then inside christmas, easter, st. Patricks day, valentines, etc. And same with Disney. I don't keep them by designer, but I keep all my emails in my gmail account so I can search for the name of the file in gmail.com and find the email from whomever I purchased it from.

Needleworks is free.

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #3158
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

I can't believe I haven't logged in here in almost a month. I really haven't done much sewing either And dare I say it but I think we are going to wear some of the same shirts from last year

WTMTQ.... but everything posted is adorable

Flora So sorry about your Aunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Embroidery people, where are your fave sites to get Disney Appliquees?

I have frou frou, lynnie pinnie, kenziemac sites bookmarked, but I'm looking for more Disney sites.

Thanks
DivasDoodles and SweetPeas place are some that I didn't see mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
QUESTION

Does anyone have an over the door ironing board? I would really like one to save space in my sewing/laundry/kitty bath room but I am worried that they might all be too flimsy for my needs. If you have one please let me know your thoughts.

And also, irons were discussed a while back -- does anyone remember how long ago? I'd like to go back and reread that section b/c tomorrow I will be able to afford a new iron.
!
I have the same thing as Diane. It is an over the door holder for your ironing board.

Quote:
I keep mine organized by type, but I rename the files too because I put who the designer is.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #3159
scrap_heaven
Planning our second family trip to the MOUSE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
On another note, i finished my under-the-sea baby quilt this morning, i love the way it turned out. It is not often that i am sad when i ship stuff off, but i will definitely miss this one.

now i have all these ideas to do other versions of this quilt with appliques. I am thinking mickey/minnie next. I know i have plenty of fabrics for that on hand even.
I love this quilt! Every bit of it. I would love to pick your brain about measurements. I am making a pirate themed quilt for my son.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #3160
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is anyone on FB and on the Disney Destash page? I'm trying to find it but coming up empty, if you could PM me a link I would so appreciate.
found it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post

I ended up buying the Applique Avenue set. It was a good deal and hopefully I will use some of the designs. I like the designs from Just Peachy and they do stitch out well. My issue is that 3 of the designs she sent me were empty files. They must have been corrupted somehow. I tried to download them twice and the same thing happened both times. I contacted her to ask her to email them to me instead of getting them from the website and I never heard back from her.

It looks like a great machine. I wish I could read the features but I'm sure it does everything! My high school French isn't good enough to read the description. LOL!
I bought the applique ave set too!
Here is the link to the features in English. http://www.elna.com/en-ca/model_sewi...rience-540.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post

Erin - Congrats on the new machine for you and your mom to share. It is nice that you and your mom have a shared hobby. I don't have the 770 so I'm not sure about the extra hoops. I know other like having the extra 5X7 hoop so they can hoop while something else is stitching out. I do have a 4x4 hoop for my machine and I use it for smaller items and small ITH projects so I don't have to use as much stabilizer.

or just pinning stuff on Pinterest that I want to make.
Ha ha ha,

Quote:
uh first question, where do I buy 3000 Disney designs???? lol
I keep them all in folders categorized by stuff like fall, Halloween, Christmas, girlie, animals, boy, etc... I also have a Disney Folder and in that folder I categorize all the Disney stuff in more folders, princess, Christmas, cruise, monsters inc, mouse heads etc... each design is subfoldered within those folders including a picture and separated by size.... confused lol Probably not the best way but so far it works and I don't have a ton of designs. I kinda wish I had kept designers separated and I may start doing that.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #3161
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea
I got photobucket to work now!!! Well ,I didn't really get it to work, it decided to be cooperative this time.

Here are the jeans I made to match the dog shirt -- all appliques are Heather's. I planned on putting some small paw prints scattered about too, but dd wanted to wear them right away so in the essence of time, no paw prints.

And the wolf shirt and skirt -- I love these designs from AZ Embroidery Barn because they stitch out so fast! I also wasn't keen on the fabric for the under layer of the skirt, but wanted to use from my stash. Once finished though I think it looks really nice together.

Thanks for looking and now you all know I didn't crawl in a hole and quit sewing. And I'm excited to sew and embroider again so I plan on doing more this week.
Very cute!!!! And I love the wolf design. I may need to look at that design site, thanks!
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #3162
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap_heaven View Post

I love this quilt! Every bit of it. I would love to pick your brain about measurements. I am making a pirate themed quilt for my son.
I am making 2 pirate quilts too! I bought fabric 18+ months ago for my boys' big boy room. Pm me and I'll send you the pattern/measurements I have. I'm going out of town this week so it might not be until after April 1. :/

And thanks. I loved how that quilt turned out too.

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #3163
scrap_heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I am making 2 pirate quilts too! I bought fabric 18+ months ago for my boys' big boy room. Pm me and I'll send you the pattern/measurements I have. I'm going out of town this week so it might not be until after April 1. :/

And thanks. I loved how that quilt turned out too.
Thank you so much! I sent you a pm
Old 03-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #3164
nannye
DIS Veteran

Mini Vent

So I was asked to make V's friend a dress for Disney. It has now turned into 2 dresses, 1 traditional Disney and 1 princess. My problem is that she wasn't very specific about what she wanted. She is Very wishy washy. I am doing a Simply Sweet. I suggested light purple and light pink alternating with princesses on each panel. I asked her to come over to measure her daughter. It was a 3 ring freaking circus with this 6 year old running all over my house/my parents, chasing my cat crawling on the floor, shaking my moms sewing table. ugh. I forgot to ask her to try on a sample so a couple days later I had her come again and try on the dress. SAME THING. The kid is running all over the house crawling all over the floor (in this sample dress) while I chat with her mother. It may be my house but it is not my place to tell her daughter how to behave. I can't imagine anyone allowing their kid to run all over someone elses house. If V ever did that ...... well you can bet she wouldn't because well she just wouldn't. She knows it is just not okay. my parents were telling this little girl to go upstairs and not to do stuff and she wouldn't even listen to them. This kid is a total mess and that is because her mother does not control her AT ALL!

Ok that aside. so mom is wishy washy I suggested a light pink and purple for the skirt with princesses on them, she said yes. I specificially said light fabrics so the princesses would stand out. Next thing they come to try on the sample dress just to see size and she is asking about white she now wants white in it. white, pink and purple panels alternating. Okay..... (well that isn't going to look great but whatever). Next thing I hear she wants a darker pink for the ruffle and straps. so I go get a fabric that coordinates with the light pink and purple but is a darker pink. I tell her I got a darker pink. Now she wants dark pink and white. OMG I'm going insane.

Last night I sent her a list of options, She texts me this morning and says she'll get back to me this afternoon. The full afternoon passes and I never hear from her.

I really wanted to get a start on this dress so I decided not to seek out supply work today. Well that turned into a waste of a day!

It becomes clear to me as I analyze her reaction looking at the fabrics, that she doesn't like the colors at all, but she didn't tell me that. I went out looking today and found a different fabric that I know she'll like better, as I know understand that she likes darker/brighter pink. I found a bright pink and purple tiara fabric that when used with alternating white for the skirt, I think it will look good. I also bought a coordinating fabric that goes with it for the ruffle. I text her tell her I found a fabric I think she'll like better and I'll email her a picture. She texts back awesome I'll email you back this evening.

I do not hear from her until 11:15 pm. Argh so irritating because now I replied with a question and who knows when that will get answered. What drives me nuts is this. She is a SAHM. Her daughter is in school full days. I DO NOT mean to imply that SAHM stay at home all day or anything not at all. what is frustrating is that she said she would get back to me and didn't until hours later. She knew I was at home waiting for an answer. I said please get back to me asap I'd like to start the dress today.

So 11:15 I hear back from her. She likes the fabrics I found today better and she thinks her daughter will as well, And I quote! "I'm really not a fan of light or pastel pink and purple." WTH If you had said that from the very beginning when I suggested light pink and purple, I would not have wasted money buying fabric. Sure it will get used eventually but not the point! If you didn't like light pink and purple, why agree to it in the first place.

Sigh..... So I email back asking what she wants for the ruffle and the sleeves and if she wants sparkly blue for the tiara applique on the bodice or a sparkly purple to match the other colors in the dress. so she emails back and asks for a white ruffle and sparkly purple for the tiara and for the sleeves too! (uhhh nope not an option that material is too expensive)

so wmailing back and forth tonight and most of it is decided. Talking about the second dress appliquees Same simply sweet design with panels and appliques and she wants me to do a mickey head, Minnie head and my first visit appliques and then repeat them on the back of the dress so each applique is used twice. Why would you do that, why not pick 6 different appliques.

sigh my head hurts. it is decided tho to have 6 different ones and she just said I trust your design so I'm going with my gut and doing the appliques that will look best.

This woman makes me nuts!! lol

okay done.... hmmm that wasn't really a mini vent. First prize to the one who actually read the whole thing.

I feel a lot better however!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #3165
scrap_heaven

Quote:
Mini Vent

I feel a lot better however!
OH man, that is a hot mess! I am sorry you are dealing with that type of customer.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: