Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #31
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Thank you all for the responses. I love Beauty & The Beast and wanted to check it out for that reason, but didn't want to dislike my meal or waste a TS credit ordering just a soup and salad or something. I feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
No. It's a themed restaurant that sprung forth from "Beauty and the Beast", specifically the "Be Our Guest" song that features gourmet food. Do you really think that burgers and food court pasta would complete that theme? I'm sure you can find what you want at Cosmic Ray's. There is no rule that says that every new restaurant, no matter how popular, should cater to the fast food, cafeteria style eating.
I'm thinking you need to re-read my first post before posting a response. I did not once in my OP suggest that they should have burgers and "food court pasta", nor did I suggest every restaurant should cater to fast food. And why should I have to go to Cosmic Rays? All I said is thats what we like and if thats how we eat, what could we get at BOG that we might like there too. Please don't accuse others of things that aren't true.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #32
DJBass
Mouseketeer

We are also considering BOG for lunch - it will depend on what the line up is like that day.

I read some food blogs and disney blogs to get a sense of the menu and imo this is not gourmet food at all. But refreshing compared to being stuck with burgers and chicken nuggets if on a QS plan like we were 4 years ago. We are not getting the DP this time around as really it works cheaper for us to not get it and more flexibility in that kids don't have to order from the kid menu etc.

What attracts me to BOG is the fact that it has food closer to what we eat at home. I was sure i read about quinoa salad, which i eat almost everyday at home (quinoa in some form whether in place of rice, on my salad or as hot cereal). Has anyone had it? When looking at the menu it seemed though like they simply had fancy French names for things that are not gourmet LOL (like croque monsieur ). i was impressed that they used ground turkey for the kids meatloaf....my kids will totally eat that.
DJBass is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #33
DJBass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
A lot of the hesitance seems to be that the menu LOOKS gourmet. But it's fish, roast chicken, steak, a pork chop and a veggie dish.

Pomme frites are french fries. Au gratin macaroni is macaroni and cheese. Leek fondue is big green onions cooked in butter and pureed.
EXACTLY!! :lol: this was my observation especially when i looked at the pictures. nothing too fancy about it, more standard food you would eat at home as opposed to fast food. so it's a nice change, but definitely not gourmet. not sure i want to eat french onion soup on a hot day though
DJBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #34
kanderson89
Mouseketeer

This place is NOT gourmet. But some words are in French which makes some people think it's going to be food that is "strange." It's not.

To the original poster - you'll be fine. The roast chicken and potatoes is good and plain. The pork chop is very good! It's worth getting just for the mac and cheese! Yum. And, while we didn't have the steak, it looked great. And, the person who posted right after your note either didn't grasp your question or was just feeling snarky. We are adventuresome diners and prefer great food, but we don't judge others' tastes and can appreciate a really good burger just as much as braised short ribs. This food isn't great but it's good and simple, and the setting is fun. Go for it!

WL - 2015
WL - 2014
WL - 2013
AKL - 2012
WL - 2011
WL - 2010
Ft Wilderness - as a kid in the 1970s
kanderson89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: