Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #1516
asherls
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden

Love that you are on the boards WHILE in line

I imagine I will be doing the same thing in 48 days !!!
Gives me something to do after taking pics. Lol
Old 03-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #1517
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherls View Post
Currently in line for lunch at BOG. The wait isn't unreasonable.. love the decor.
Could you get me a Leek and Potato soup please? Thanks.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #1518
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyarcouette View Post
When can I do online check-in? I'm 43 days away from going (YIPEE!!!) and I don't seem to be able to access the option of online check-in in the reservations part?
Should be available up to 60 days out, from within the My Disney Experience pages (not the old WDW site as far as I know).

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #1519
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Should be available up to 60 days out, from within the My Disney Experience pages (not the old WDW site as far as I know).

Andre
I got it thanks...now what are the timings to contact disney by phone to make changes to my flight schedule?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #1520
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
I got it thanks...now what are the timings to contact disney by phone to make changes to my flight schedule?
If you need the Magical Express Direct Number let me know. I have it right here.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #1521
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
If you need the Magical Express Direct Number let me know. I have it right here.
well I need to change flight information because apparently United airlines merged or something so now my flights have changed, and because I requested ground floor but I don't want that anymore and my flight home is at 4:30pm but check out is at 11am, so does that mean we have to leave at 11?
Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #1522
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
well I need to change flight information because apparently United airlines merged or something so now my flights have changed, and because I requested ground floor but I don't want that anymore and my flight home is at 4:30pm but check out is at 11am, so does that mean we have to leave at 11?
1. You can apply for a later checkout say 12 noon or 1pm then be up front at ME waiting area shortly after because they usually pick up 3hrs before a flight.

2. United merged with Continental yeah, so I would say put a call into ME and see if that changes anything with them, their number is: 1-866-599-0951

3. If you feel you need to contact the resort directly please PM me for that one.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #1523
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If your flight has changed to one that doesn't work for you, don't accept it online. Check out the other flights they have that day, see if one works for you, and call United. If there are seats they will generally help, when they change the flight times. But you cannot accept it online before doing this.

United and Continental did merge, but it was about a year ago, so I'm not sure that that is what caused the flight changes.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #1524
loganjared
Mouseketeer

How busy is the food court at breakfast mid-late May?

6/1994 Honeymoon CBR; 6/2004 DS's first trip/10 yr anniversary CBR; 6/2005 ASMo; 2/2007 ASSp; 6/2009 15 yr anniversary ASMo; 6/2010 POFQ; 6/2011 POFQ

Old 03-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #1525
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Downtown disney charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
When they come into use if you want to opt out of carrying the cards around in a wallet and then with the hands full be asked to open the room door, or charge the food to it, etc. The same little chip will be on a circuit board that can be placed into the wristband which can be taken off and put back on as well as customize more and swap the chip out to another band. You can charge anything you want just like the KTTW cards originally could be set up to do. They are waterproof so they can be taken to the water-parks or splashed at any other park and just like the original KTTW cards if your band is lost or stolen they require a pin for purchases over a certain amount plus you can call and within minutes have a band deactivated and get a new one at Guest Relations or back at the Hotel. Also your Fast Passes are now stored on there so and your My experience keeps track of your Fast passes also so if you have a mobile phone you will be able to check back and see when you need to be back.

Lastly no POR doesn't have them yet. They will supposedly by the end of spring. That is a big if!

As for alternate ways to sport these RFID gadgets; there are necklaces maybe in the works, and still you may get the currently used KTTW with the RFID chip in them.
Can you use the KTTW cards/bracelets at downtown disney also or do you have to use your "real" credit card there?
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 03-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #1526
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganjared View Post
How busy is the food court at breakfast mid-late May?
There will be 12 people waiting at the pancake counter, 7 in line for the bakery and 8 and the make-your-own-omelet station....

OK, start again...

It rather depends on what time you arrive. Before about 7:30am it is usually fairly quiet, then building up to a peak around 8:30am-10am, then getting quieter again. The exact dates will make a difference too, the last week in May being probably a bit busier than the middle.

Andre

Old 03-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #1527
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
If your flight has changed to one that doesn't work for you, don't accept it online. Check out the other flights they have that day, see if one works for you, and call United. If there are seats they will generally help, when they change the flight times. But you cannot accept it online before doing this.

United and Continental did merge, but it was about a year ago, so I'm not sure that that is what caused the flight changes.
yes it is what caused the flight changes because we booked our flights via our bank's visa card points system and apparently they weren't aware!!! We 're ok about the changes, but I figured I needed to advise ME since I had to give flight numbers and those have changed.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #1528
loganjared
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
There will be 12 people waiting at the pancake counter, 7 in line for the bakery and 8 and the make-your-own-omelet station....

OK, start again...

It rather depends on what time you arrive. Before about 7:30am it is usually fairly quiet, then building up to a peak around 8:30am-10am, then getting quieter again. The exact dates will make a difference too, the last week in May being probably a bit busier than the middle.

Andre
Point taken
We will be there May 18-29th. With 2 teenage boys I would guess we will be at breakfast around 8:00.
We have stayed at value resorts in early June and breakfast was crazy! but our past few trips were at POFQ in early June and there was maybe 2 people in line in front of you.
Just trying to figure out what to expect on our first trip to POR

6/1994 Honeymoon CBR; 6/2004 DS's first trip/10 yr anniversary CBR; 6/2005 ASMo; 2/2007 ASSp; 6/2009 15 yr anniversary ASMo; 6/2010 POFQ; 6/2011 POFQ

Old 03-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #1529
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganjared View Post
We will be there May 18-29th ... We have stayed at value resorts in early June and breakfast was crazy! but our past few trips were at POFQ in early June and there was maybe 2 people in line in front of you.
The first week will most likely be fairly quiet, but the Memorial Day weekend will be a lot busier. I think at 8am you shouldn't find it too crowded though - maybe not 2 people, but not manic either. Closer to your experience at POFQ than the Values, anyway.

Andre

Old 03-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #1530
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
my flight home is at 4:30pm but check out is at 11am, so does that mean we have to leave at 11?
You don't have to leave the resort, no. DME will pick you up about 1:30, so you could hang around the resort until then. Or you could check out first thing in the morning and maybe get a few hours at a park or DTD. I would make sure you're back at POR no later then 1:00 though.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: