Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #16
bsb
Earning My Ears

I did book with the spring room discount online but when I called I didn't even get as far as to mention a discount.

A cot would not really work for my family as we have a wheelchair and a stroller along with 5 peoples luggage. If that is what they offer would I have to take it??? A cot would make things practically impossible to move around in a regular sized room. Are the rooms that are meant to sleep 5 larger than a standard room? I know the extra bed is a murphy so that would allow us to keep it stored unless we are sleeping.
bsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #17
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb View Post
I did book with the spring room discount online but when I called I didn't even get as far as to mention a discount.

A cot would not really work for my family as we have a wheelchair and a stroller along with 5 peoples luggage. If that is what they offer would I have to take it??? A cot would make things practically impossible to move around in a regular sized room. Are the rooms that are meant to sleep 5 larger than a standard room? I know the extra bed is a murphy so that would allow us to keep it stored unless we are sleeping.
Rooms are the same size no matter what.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #18
Tink415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb View Post
I am trying to book a package for 5 at POR. I have talked to Disney several times on the phone and they said with my dated they have no rooms that accommodate 5 people available. Online it is letting me get as far as putting names in (with 5 slots) and asking for billing information. What would happen if I booked online and they really don't have any of these rooms available? Would they have to accommodate us by giving us two rooms or changing resorts? I am hesitant to book it online because I do not want them to say im screwed after the fact. I would think they would have to accommodate my entire party if it is allowing me to book it online. Does anyone have any insight into this?
Yes, I booked BW Inn room for 5 and when we arrived we were given a BW Villa studio that slept 4. The manager brought us an aerobed for our 5th person. I was told they were over sold, that was that, nothing else was available. Most likely you're room will work out ok. Don't assume if it doesn't 2 rooms or an upgrade would be offered.
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #19
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

The sleeping space for the 5th person in Alligator Bayou rooms is not a Murphy bed, it's a trundle bed.

It is a small, thin surface that slides under the bed; it is not a bed that pulls down from the wall.

We did stay in an Alligator Bayou room with the trundle bed. DS slept on it for one night but it was pretty uncomfortable.

We also stayed in a Casitas suite at CSR that had a Murphy bed. They put us there for one night when we checked in (had added a day on to the beginning of our trip on a separate reservation, IIR) but moved us the next day to a regular room in the area we'd requested. The suite was two rooms put together and felt really huge. It had a King bed in one room and the Murphy bed in another and I think a chair that folded out to a twin bed. (I could be wrong about that but I know for sure there was a King and a Murphy.)

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #20
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me
The sleeping space for the 5th person in Alligator Bayou rooms is not a Murphy bed, it's a trundle bed.

It is a small, thin surface that slides under the bed; it is not a bed that pulls down from the wall.

We did stay in an Alligator Bayou room with the trundle bed. DS slept on it for one night but it was pretty uncomfortable.

We also stayed in a Casitas suite at CSR that had a Murphy bed. They put us there for one night when we checked in (had added a day on to the beginning of our trip on a separate reservation, IIR) but moved us the next day to a regular room in the area we'd requested. The suite was two rooms put together and felt really huge. It had a King bed in one room and the Murphy bed in another and I think a chair that folded out to a twin bed. (I could be wrong about that but I know for sure there was a King and a Murphy.)
It used to be a trundle bed, but now they are Murphy beds. This was changed during the last refurbishment.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Tarheel girl 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #21
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
It used to be a trundle bed, but now they are Murphy beds. This was changed during the last refurbishment.
Oh, OK. Are they actually on the wall? Where?

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Old 03-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #22
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
Oh, OK. Are they actually on the wall? Where?
Under the tv in the cabinet. That isn't all storage space anymore.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #23
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
There are three large drawers under the seating area that supports the murphy bed.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #24
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

What dates are you trying to go? Is it during a very busy time?
visitingapril09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #25
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
There are three large drawers under the seating area that supports the murphy bed.
Interesting! I would be curious to see a picture of one if anyone has one. Are they relatively comfortable?

Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #26
Deb & Bill

Opened up:

Closed:

Old 03-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #27
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Opened up:

Closed:

Thank you. That looks a little more substantial than the trundle.

Does it block the pathway in the room when it's open?

Old 03-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #28
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
Thank you. That looks a little more substantial than the trundle.

Does it block the pathway in the room when it's open?
You couldn't get a stroller through the space, but you can walk past it like to go to the bathroom.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #29
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
You couldn't get a stroller through the space, but you can walk past it like to go to the bathroom.
Good to know. Thanks.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #30
bsb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hmmm... even when the bed is not open it looks like that bench sticks kinda far out. Now I am worried I won't be able to fit a wheel chair thru there to get to the bathroom. Does anyone know if that would be possible?

Also I will be going memorial day week so I guess it is considered a pretty busy time.
bsb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: