Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #2026
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyGal7 View Post

Awesome, thanks for the info on mears! I think we'll be using their service when we go. How far in advance did you have to call to schedule a pick up time?

I was hesitant on whether or not it was worth it to sacrifice a day from disney to go to "the dark side". But once my husband saw the hulk roller coaster, Spider-Man ride, and the rip rock it coaster, he was sold. So, looks like we're going! Haha...
How much was the transfer to AOA?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

Old 03-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #2027
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Just checked out today from building 6 at POP. No towel animals this trip but the mousekeeping was done very well. The food court never seemed overcrowded like when I walked over to AoA last night for dinner. The pool wasn't even really crowded either! I just wish they had an option to pay for a King Room like in the Moderates and Deluxe categories..maybe some day!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #2028
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I just wish they had an option to pay for a King Room like in the Moderates and Deluxe categories..maybe some day!!!
You can't book king at deluxes unless you book a 1BR villa that has a king. Only moderates have regular rooms that you can book king.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #2029
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjperry View Post
How much was the transfer to AOA?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
If you need tickets and transportation to IOA/US, I recommend buying the two together from the board sponsors, DreamsUnlimited. You can check out the offers and prices here: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com...al/tickets.htm

We purchased the two day tickets so did two days at IOA/US during our spring break last year. The transportation worked great from Pop.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #2030
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
You can't book king at deluxes unless you book a 1BR villa that has a king. Only moderates have regular rooms that you can book king.
Haha sorry that's what I meant!!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #2031
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Not sure I should say this or suggest this, but DH needs an accessible room for bathroom grabs and room for ECV when we are at WDW and when I click that we need an accessible room we have the option of booking king rooms with different bathroom types at all values. At mods and deluxes kings cost more but they are the same price at values. Just thought I would share.

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #2032
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Awesome, thanks for the info on mears! I think we'll be using their service when we go. How far in advance did you have to call to schedule a pick up time?

I was hesitant on whether or not it was worth it to sacrifice a day from disney to go to "the dark side". But once my husband saw the hulk roller coaster, Spider-Man ride, and the rip rock it coaster, he was sold. So, looks like we're going! Haha...
MEARS was AWESOME! Such a great service. You just have to call the day before (24 hours in advance) to schedule a pickup. They were always right on time, and always pleasant taking us back in the afternoon as well. Such a great service, I'm so glad I read about it on here. I wouldn't EVER pay for a cab when you can just do this!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
Old 03-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #2033
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So, for those couples only...if you don't get a king, what do y'all do? Please don't say sleep separately, because that'd be very sad. is there a good chance of getting a king if we're going in September, and we have no other requests?
My guy and I stayed at CSR on our last trip and didn't want to pay an extra $40 or whatever it is per night for a king bed. We just cuddled in the double bed and it was fine! And it was kinda nice during the afternoons when we went back to the room, I could take a nap in one bed and he could play on his laptop or whatever in the other one

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
Old 03-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #2034
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Just checked out today from building 6 at POP. No towel animals this trip but the mousekeeping was done very well. The food court never seemed overcrowded like when I walked over to AoA last night for dinner. The pool wasn't even really crowded either! I just wish they had an option to pay for a King Room like in the Moderates and Deluxe categories..maybe some day!!!
Welcome back! Happy you enjoyed your stay at POP! Sometimes we get a towel animal, last year, our mousekeeper was kind enough to indulge my DD and my niece with a little towel making 101 Its good to read that the service itself was great.

And even though some guests want the ability to book a king room... can you imagine adding another booking category to POP?? making it 5 categories?? and then how does one differieniate between the king rooms in certain areas i.e. standard vs pool view?? yikes! Too much, we are still getting used to the extra 2 categories this year..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
If you need tickets and transportation to IOA/US, I recommend buying the two together from the board sponsors, DreamsUnlimited. You can check out the offers and prices here: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com...al/tickets.htm

We purchased the two day tickets so did two days at IOA/US during our spring break last year. The transportation worked great from Pop.
Sandi, you are amazing as usual...thanks for posting and reminding us of this link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
Not sure I should say this or suggest this, but DH needs an accessible room for bathroom grabs and room for ECV when we are at WDW and when I click that we need an accessible room we have the option of booking king rooms with different bathroom types at all values. At mods and deluxes kings cost more but they are the same price at values. Just thought I would share.
Handicap rooms and room options available are intended for guests like yourself that require the accomodations. Its good that it is in a different category and maintained just for this purpose.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #2035
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Checked into POP today...was talking to one of the check in desk supervisors and surprisingly enough while some of the other hotels are booked solid, or close to it...POP is not! Yay For us!! This is supposed to be a busy week here!

My DD works at Saratoga Springs and it was a Mad House over there!!
stitchlovestink...Have a great time at Disney with your DD (when she's not working ) Good to hear it's not full - enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
Ahh gee thanks. I know once I digest it, it'll be ok.
It's just hard when you've had this plan in your head.. Preferred View, and request was 50's section. We wanted to spend time in the Bowling Pin pool, and yet be close enough to transportation.

Last time I did a standard room at the All Star Sports.. we were in the BACK and the longest walk. At night with 2 young little kids walking to your room is the WORST feeling ever. Didn't want to have to do that again this time, y'know?

Can I hope I end up with some at check-in? lol
You never know when you might get "dusted" Will say that we usually book standard and request lakeview...and we have not been disappointed... bldg 3 (tramp) building is in the 50s and offers a great location for Classic Hall - Busing. Perhaps you want to consider requesting close to transporation on your reservation.

TY Kook!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #2036
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbugeye22 View Post
I am here right now sitting at the pool, I have to say based on some of the reviews I was actually regretting booking here. I have a standard room In building 4 and I was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. My last stay was at Coronado springs and I prefer this place. Right by the pool, clean rooms. I have heard that the rooms are tiny and I have to disagree. As first timers here we are very happy that I did not switch hotels.
We really like the 60s (our last stay was in Bldg 4). Like you, we have stayed at moderate level, and agree that the difference in room size from a value to mod is very slight, and it not a concern for us. Enjoy your stay!!

TY Kook!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #2037
JoshP
Earning My Ears

So exited for our first trip to POP May 3-10! Only stayed at moderate, but honestly, we only shower and sleep in there, so why waste your money?! Any creative tips (Besides the tie dye cheesecake!) for a first timer here?
Thanks!
Josh
Old 03-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #2038
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Heading to WDW tomorrow morning. Will be at Beach Club until Monday, then switching over to Pop for two nights. If anyone thinks of any picture requests, let me know.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #2039
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshP View Post
So exited for our first trip to POP May 3-10! Only stayed at moderate, but honestly, we only shower and sleep in there, so why waste your money?! Any creative tips (Besides the tie dye cheesecake!) for a first timer here?
Thanks!
Josh
I'm not sure that this is a creative tip, but it is interesting to me. Check out the shadow boxes in the lobby of the hotel for all the memorabilia they've featured. It's really quite a collection and, depending on how old you are, will bring back some memories. Also, I like taking a stroll (or run) along "memory lane" which is the walkway near the lake. They've put up informational signs about significant events during the various decades. Also, now that AoA is complete, that walkway goes all around the lake and it is fun to check out AoA's landscaping, etc.

All that takes time away from the parks, etc., but I enjoy it. (I don't like the tie-dyed cheesecake, so ymmv )

Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #2040
JoshP
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I'm not sure that this is a creative tip, but it is interesting to me. Check out the shadow boxes in the lobby of the hotel for all the memorabilia they've featured. It's really quite a collection and, depending on how old you are, will bring back some memories. Also, I like taking a stroll (or run) along "memory lane" which is the walkway near the lake. They've put up informational signs about significant events during the various decades. Also, now that AoA is complete, that walkway goes all around the lake and it is fun to check out AoA's landscaping, etc.

All that takes time away from the parks, etc., but I enjoy it. (I don't like the tie-dyed cheesecake, so ymmv )
Thanks! Excited to see AoA as well. We'll try the cheesecake, and let you know!
Josh
P.S. GO GREEN! (Right next to you! Frandor area. Good to see another EL person on here!)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: