Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #976
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Whew! I went to Myrtle Beach this weekend for St. Patty's Day and I couldn't believe how much had been posted in two days!! I just got caught up!

OK, my dates are the same for July 2014 but I caved. I caved like a sinkhole in the Florida sand! The adult children (mostly led by my oldest son) that are coming on our trip convinced me that it was far more important for the twelve of us to have a gathering place than it was to go up and down an elevator. They also pointed out that although they really like the lounge at the YC, it really isn't that big and if 12 of us constantly gathered there then the other guests would start to dislike us, sssssssooooooo, I booked the ADMIRAL SUITE!! Now I'm really interested in reading emmysmommy's trip report.
It's not caving............It's Falling with Style!!!!

and I LOVE your style.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 03-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #977
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

We will be heading off to BCV on Wednesday. (That was in doubt last week, but all systems are now GO!)

Anyways I wanted to try out posting a photo. This is our cast of characters from last year's trip. Kids are a little bigger now, but the adults look pretty much the same. It is me (Valerie -- standing with kids) and my DH, Jim, who is stand with his mother Jill, who is also coming. If you are cruising the World next week & see us, say hi!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #978
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Since I couldn't find an answer, I thought I would ask here. I know you can't bring outside floats for adults, but you can pool noodle. My question is, can you bring the pool noodle chairs? If you haven't seen one, they look like...

If you wrap a plain noodle around you, it would be in the same shape. The only difference is with the chair their is mess under your rear.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #979
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Here's a few from January (after the gym). Could not tell much difference.

bigAWL you can probably grab some better ones

Old 03-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #980
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever11709 View Post
Katie4890 and I changed our dates! We will now be celebrating my moms birthday and be there October 19-26 at the YC, hoping to find something available at the BC.
Got it! I'll make the change and keep my fingers crossed for you that something opens up at BC. If not, YC will still be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
We will be heading off to BCV on Wednesday. (That was in doubt last week, but all systems are now GO!)

Anyways I wanted to try out posting a photo. This is our cast of characters from last year's trip. Kids are a little bigger now, but the adults look pretty much the same. It is me (Valerie -- standing with kids) and my DH, Jim, who is stand with his mother Jill, who is also coming. If you are cruising the World next week & see us, say hi!
Thanks for posting the picture Valerie. It worked!

I'm so glad that your possible issues were resolved. Yikes!

We did get a picture of what we think is the "bridal bathroom"- but if you are able to snap a photo or two while you are there, just to confirm we have the right one (the one near Ariel's), that would be appreciated.

Have a fantastic time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Since I couldn't find an answer, I thought I would ask here. I know you can't bring outside floats for adults, but you can pool noodle. My question is, can you bring the pool noodle chairs? If you haven't seen one, they look like...

If you wrap a plain noodle around you, it would be in the same shape. The only difference is with the chair their is mess under your rear.
Don't know!

I think part of the issue is that the lifeguards need to have unobstructed views to the bottom of the pool, and they don't want anything that may block what they can see.

My guess is no, but without checking with a lifeguard, it is just a guess.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #981
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post

What a nice looking family! Have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
It's not caving............It's Falling with Style!!!!

and I LOVE your style.

I love this! Thank you! I'm going to remember this. It's a perfect Disney quote to use for our trip.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #982
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Mike!

It looks like the rug may be different. At least it appears brighter in your picture. But the furniture looks to be the same.

I have actually never been in the Solarium, except in "Flat Form" for the DISmeets. Hopefully I will remember to check it out in July.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #983
ocalla
DIS Veteran

All that is missing in the Solarium photo......................Me with coffee!!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 03-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #984
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Hello BC/YC fans!

Dee, I have gallons of water pictured at the BC Marketplace in both 2011 and 2012. I zoomed in and the gallon on the bottom shelf is labeled "Spring Water." It's been the same one for a couple years now. Here's the most recent photo:

Mike, great solarium photos!

YCFAN, exciting news about the suite - how fun! We're passing through NC at the end of this week! Hoping the chilly forecasts aren't accurate!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #985
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hello BC/YC fans!

Dee, I have gallons of water pictured at the BC Marketplace in both 2011 and 2012. I zoomed in and the gallon on the bottom shelf is labeled "Spring Water." It's been the same one for a couple years now. Here's the most recent photo:

Mike, great solarium photos!

YCFAN, exciting news about the suite - how fun! We're passing through NC at the end of this week! Hoping the chilly forecasts aren't accurate!
Thanks, pixarmom!

Have a great trip! Wishing you warmth & waves.

Who's guilty of not looking at the pictures in The Marketplace threads???

Still looking for a price check, though BigAWL!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #986
kmwek
Mouseketeer

Hi!
So excited I have upgraded for our upcoming trip this summer. I had originally booked POR but I took the plunge and booked the BC for June 16-22. We stayed at POFQ last time (1 under 3) and loved it but I think the kids will fall in love with stormalong bay. They will be 8, 9( turning 10 during the trip), and 14. The proximity to Epcot is also a plus. Can't wait now only 90 days to go.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #987
triciari
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmwek
Hi!
So excited I have upgraded for our upcoming trip this summer. I had originally booked POR but I took the plunge and booked the BC for June 16-22. We stayed at POFQ last time (1 under 3) and loved it but I think the kids will fall in love with stormalong bay. They will be 8, 9( turning 10 during the trip), and 14. The proximity to Epcot is also a plus. Can't wait now only 90 days to go.
I think you are right!! Enjoy!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #988
DisDad01
Earning My Ears

We are nearing our 30 day mark soon for BC GV. Can't wait!!!

Question on life vests, I see that Disney provides life vests at SAB free of charge. For all those photographers out there, does any one have a photo of the life vest? Curious if I want to bring my own for my DD6.

Thank you
Old 03-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #989
DisDad01
Earning My Ears

test post, working on my avatar and signature

3 Trips as a child: Two at Fort Wilderness and one at the Contemporary
Old 03-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #990
HARASW
DisneyWorld Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdisneyaholic View Post
How does everyone get all these pins? I haven't received one in years. Also, is there a place that would list any conference booked at the YC?
I haven't yet had a chance to go through the entire thread. Could someone let me know a bit more about the pins and Nanette?
11/86 -Honeymoon-Off Property, 7/97-GF RPC, 7/98, 7/99, 7/00, 7/01, 7/02, 7/03, 7/04, 1/05 -GF SLC, 7/06, 7/07, 7/08 -WL CL,12/08 -BWI CL, 8/09-GF RPC, 7/10 - POLY CL, 5/11-BWI CL, 12/11-BWI CL, 6/12-BWI CL 10/12-BWI CL, 1/13-BWI CL, 8/13-BWI CL, 12/13-BWI CL, 6/14-BWI CL

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: