Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
TimeforMe
Remember who you are
It was great taking a nap everyday, wasn't it?
I for one enjoy getting dressed up on occasion

Question about APs

I did try to find some answers before posting but when I did a search everything seemed so outdated so please bear with me if these questions have already been asked....

If one member of your family buys an AP and everyone else has regular tickets, can we still get a discount on on-site hotels? When would those rates be available for July/August?

Is it worth it to by an AP for the discount?

Are regular tickets offered at a discount with AP?

Anything else I should know?
TimeforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Yes Yes and Yes

You only need 1 AP to enjoy the benefits of free parking, hotel discounts, food discounts (which I always forget) and ticket discounts

I have an AP for myself and then use it for rooms, etc when we go each year.

Also, check the AP site for other fun discounts that you never know about. I don't know if they still do but the Nascar Cafe offered free tokens at one time and that was a great thing for the kids and then they got more money from me which is what they wanted

The food discounts are good at the Citywalk restaurants as well which is really nice, on those you need 1 AP for I think every 6 ppl.

On Rooms - I don't know when they will release the AP rate I am still waiting for the June ones

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeforMe View Post
Are regular tickets offered at a discount with AP?
Passholders can purchase up to six additional tickets at a discount for family/friends. The discount is either 10% for single day tickets or 15% for multiple day tickets.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

To check for AP rates, I go here obsessively, no no, "often", and use the APH code in the code box. If an AP rate is available on that date for those dates it will show up. If not, they will give the next publicly available lowest rates. Check often, you just never know.

If an AP rate shows up, then buy an AP. Well, unless the food/merchandise discount will be of enough use to you to make the difference worth it, or you think you might come back inside 365 days of purchase.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
TimeforMe
Remember who you are
It was great taking a nap everyday, wasn't it?
I for one enjoy getting dressed up on occasion

Wow--you guys are great. Thanks for all the very helpful information. So I guess I will keep checking back, right? Do they release them a few months ahead usually?
TimeforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
braddillman
Mouseketeer

Is there a way to determine blackout dates for the premier annual pass?

I'm thinking of booking a couple of nights onsite 2 Jan 2014-to-4 Jan 2014. A 30% savings would more than pay for the difference between the preferred AP (I'm already getting preferred to save parking while staying onsite for 11 days before that, rest are getting flexpass+).
Nov 1999 - Wyndham on I-drive - MK... Oct 2001 - The Fountains - USF/IoA... Sep 2005 - The Fountains - USF/IoA... Apr 2008 - The Fountains - WDW... Feb 2011 - The Fountains - USF/IoA/SW/Aquatica... Dec 2013 - The Fountains - USF/IoA/EPCoT (1st drive)
me DW DD15 DD12 DS 11
braddillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

premier and preferred do not have black out dates.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #8
braddillman
Mouseketeer

Thx macraven but I think I didn't ask the correct question.

When I look at the 30% discount for onsite hotels under the premier AP benefits (pop-up from their web page), it says blackout dates apply - I assume they mean blackout dates for the use of the 30% discount specifically.
Nov 1999 - Wyndham on I-drive - MK... Oct 2001 - The Fountains - USF/IoA... Sep 2005 - The Fountains - USF/IoA... Apr 2008 - The Fountains - WDW... Feb 2011 - The Fountains - USF/IoA/SW/Aquatica... Dec 2013 - The Fountains - USF/IoA/EPCoT (1st drive)
me DW DD15 DD12 DS 11
Old 03-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddillman View Post
When I look at the 30% discount for onsite hotels under the premier AP benefits (pop-up from their web page), it says blackout dates apply - I assume they mean blackout dates for the use of the 30% discount specifically.
The blackout dates are for the hotel discount...not actual AP usage.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #10
braddillman
Mouseketeer

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." - Ralph Wiggum

I wonder if the blackout dates for the hotel discount would prevent me from booking an onsite hotel for 2 Jan 2014-to-4 Jan 2014. I'll phone them mid-April 2013 before I purchase the preferred or premier AP so I'll know if extra for premier is worth it to give me the discount.
me DW DD15 DD12 DS 11
Old 03-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
braddillman
Mouseketeer

Also, the web site chart shows both preferred and premier APs get discounts on onsite hotel booking. It say 30% for premier, but it doesn't say the amount for preferred.
me DW DD15 DD12 DS 11
Old 03-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #12
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

The power has block out dates, but is not valid for hotel discounts.

Don't think the preferred or premiere have block out dates.

Since there is only one ap discount code to put in when booking the hotel, I think the preferred and premiere offer the same hotel discount rate. I was going to check the chart to verify what you said because it's my understanding the ap discount varies with the hotel seasons, but I'm getting a routine maintenance error on the website.
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
fizbobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:55 AM   #13
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I wonder if the blackout dates for the hotel discount would prevent me from booking an onsite hotel for 2 Jan 2014-to-4 Jan 2014. I'll phone them mid-April 2013 before I purchase the preferred or premier AP so I'll know if extra for premier is worth it to give me the discount.
There's a thread around here somewhere that shows self-reported dates and rates through the year. you could find this year's and see if anyone reported getting an AP rate on those dates this year.

I'm not sure that I, personally, would expect to find a big discount on those dates.

It's not that you just get an across the board discount on certain dates throughout the year...they offer it at certain times for certain dates, and sometimes it seems like they re-offer them. During the run-up to our feb trip this year, the hotel was showing as all booked, then rooms would come back, then different rooms would go away, etc. The site is HIGHLY sensitive to people canceling and booking. And before our trip I did see AP rates come *back* when rooms showed back up again. So you just never know. But just given that it's right after New Years, like I said, I personally wouldn't expect an AP rate.

But the site I linked to in my previous post will show you the lowest publicly available rate, whether it's seasonal or "stay more save more"... If you have AAA you have to call, unfortunately, to see what the rate is with that. (and like I mentioned earlier, use APH in the code box on that site to check for AP rates)

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #14
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:

i priced out those dates for an upcoming trip, didn't realize that the weekend after NY would be so pricey (and promptly pushed trip ahead a week)! They don't need to discount the hotel when it's expected to be at max occupancy.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: