Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #16
married2mm
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at por and loved it.
Staying at pofq this summer.

What is the foodcourt like at carribean beach,as the choice at por was great.

married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #17
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
We've stayed at por and loved it.
Staying at pofq this summer.

What is the foodcourt like at carribean beach,as the choice at por was great.

We were at CBR in December, and while I don't think I am that fussy, I had a hard time finding anything I liked at the food court. As did my 20something nephew. At POR they have this pick your own pasta station that is so good! You pick your pasta, and many different things you can add to it--chicken or shrimp, cheese, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, peas, all sorts of good things.

Honestly, the value resorts have the best food courts out there! But the one at POR is pretty darned good too.
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #18
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at both and I think I prefer Caribbean Beach in general.

With Port Orleans, you'll have more recently refurbished rooms and queen-sized beds instead of doubles. You'll also have less internal bus stops, which is really nice compared to CBR.

I think CBR is prettier, though the rooms need to be refurbished and I don't care for the current Nemo decor and green walls. I like the atmosphere at CBR more, and the food court a little bit more. The main theme pool is a little better than the one at POR.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #19
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmauch View Post
And yes, the queen beds are coming and not currently in place. But the fact that they are planned for within 2013 makes me excited they may be in place by our August vacation.
I hope for your sake you are right. According to the people on the CBR resort thread, Disney still has no firm plans in place to add queen sized beds to CBR.

I want to add that I know it may come off that I hated CBR. I didn't! It is a really pretty resort. However, it is my least favorite of all of the moderate resorts. Too big, not a great food court, and the rooms need to be refreshed a bit. If I got a great deal, I would stay there again. But it would have to be a great deal that wasn't offered at the other moderates.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #20
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmauch View Post
I guess I just don't expect Disney to re-do a resort every year or so. 2009 was only 3-4 years ago. Is that already outdated and in need of refurbishing? Highly unlikely. And of course POR/FQ was more recently refurbished, Tiana and her Prince just hit theaters a couple years ago. I get that it is more recent, but certainly not by much. And yes, the queen beds are coming and not currently in place. But the fact that they are planned for within 2013 makes me excited they may be in place by our August vacation.
Actually, yes. IMO, the rooms are in fairly rough shape considering the other mods have had queen beds for over a year now (longer for CSR), CBR is behind on the times.

3-4 years ago doesn't sound long but in hotel terms, its a long time. The majority of the rooms are being lived in 365 days a year, with new and different amounts of people in them every few days. Many people are harder on rooms than others. I'm not saying the decor needs to be re-done, but good deep cleanings and repairs are needed.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #21
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
We were at CBR in December, and while I don't think I am that fussy, I had a hard time finding anything I liked at the food court. As did my 20something nephew. At POR they have this pick your own pasta station that is so good! You pick your pasta, and many different things you can add to it--chicken or shrimp, cheese, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, peas, all sorts of good things.

Honestly, the value resorts have the best food courts out there! But the one at POR is pretty darned good too.
We loved the foodcourt at pop!

I must admit,me and ds are somewhat selective eaters,never had any problems at por,so that sounds like points for por over cbr.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #22
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

We stayed at both during the last two weeks. POR hands down.
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:50 AM   #23
bfamily5
Yes, I need another guide book...it's part of the process

We consider POR to be our "home" resort, with 3 kiddos, it's the least expensive option for us. Last year DH and I did an adults only trip and took advantage of that fact to try out another resort. We had friends staying at CBR so we did too. It was OK....I guess. Live and learn. We really missed Yeehaw Bob and that boat to DTD is a huge perk. The décor is alright, but we prefer POR. Foodcourt, same thing - it's alright, but POR is where we will be heading next trip!

POR - Mar 2014.. us and the whole state of LA
CBR - Sept 2012..Just the 2 of us
POR - Sept 2011..Honey, I'm Home!
POR - Nov, 2009..Disney Love at first Sight!
Me: DH, DD(20), DD(17), DS (14)..
bfamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #24
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

We are booked over at POR for the RR for DD but if I had my way I would try CBR. Luckily, my sister is staying there so I will get to check it out and compare

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: