Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #961
sab53085
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay
I'm doing Online Check-in RIGHT NOW! I'm so excited!

I am such a dork!
Ooh! Tell us all about it!
1992 - Offsite ~ 1997 - Travelodge DTD ~ 1998 - Travelodge DTD ~ 2000 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2001 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2002 - Hilton DTD ~ 2009 - Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa ~ 2012 - POR Royal Room & WDW Dolphin ~ May 2013: POR Royal Room & Yacht Club ~ October 2013: Kidani Village & Coronado Springs ~ May 2014: Jambo House & Yacht Club ~ October 2014: POFQ, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Kidani Village
Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #962
sab53085
Mouseketeer

Was just browsing YouTube for room tours of the YC and saw this one from TouringPlans. What room category is this? Aside from the view, it looks amazing! Might have to try and get this on our upcoming trip.

http://youtu.be/h89VhQIZ90U
1992 - Offsite ~ 1997 - Travelodge DTD ~ 1998 - Travelodge DTD ~ 2000 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2001 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2002 - Hilton DTD ~ 2009 - Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa ~ 2012 - POR Royal Room & WDW Dolphin ~ May 2013: POR Royal Room & Yacht Club ~ October 2013: Kidani Village & Coronado Springs ~ May 2014: Jambo House & Yacht Club ~ October 2014: POFQ, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Kidani Village
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 04:06 AM   #963
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
Somehow, maybe we could make them into a smallish credit card size and then laminate it, thereby being able to slip it in with your KTTW card (until that is obsolete), or if you wear a lanyard you could slip it into the pouch that you can clip on to it. I was thinking a size that you could put onto your key ring, but most people aren't carrying their keys around when they are vacation. So, credit card size it is!! natebenma can you declare the Sunken Treasure as the "state" drink of the Beachclub Resort thread? Lobster and Shrimp Roll as the "state" food? The Famous Fish as our "state" fish? The Oreo Bon Bon as our "state" dessert? Can you tell I'm obsessing over this whole bit Helps me to keep thinking about Disney and Beachclub
Love this and the fact that Dee is already on it!!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #964
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Thanks for trying to help me with this. I was looking at the BC 1 BR Suite on the Disney website. The photo clearly shows a sofa but it isn't mentioned in the room description and when I called I was told there isn't a sofa in the room.
Here's the link to pictures from Room 1647 (BC 1BR Suite)

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...72&postcount=8

It looks like there is a couch/sofa in the bedroom, but I have no idea if it is a pullout or not.

There seems to be a separate, small room with a daybed.

Maybe not all of the 1BR rooms have a sofa in the bedroom. I don't even know how many of these rooms there are.

Did you call the Disney CRO or the BC/YC IPO for the info about the rooms?

Last edited by natebenma; 03-18-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:36 AM   #965
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab53085 View Post
Was just browsing YouTube for room tours of the YC and saw this one from TouringPlans. What room category is this? Aside from the view, it looks amazing! Might have to try and get this on our upcoming trip.

http://youtu.be/h89VhQIZ90U
My very uneducated guess is Accessible King Room.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #966
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Ticker check!!! One more month until 11 glorious days at the YC!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #967
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Whew! I went to Myrtle Beach this weekend for St. Patty's Day and I couldn't believe how much had been posted in two days!! I just got caught up!

OK, my dates are the same for July 2014 but I caved. I caved like a sinkhole in the Florida sand! The adult children (mostly led by my oldest son) that are coming on our trip convinced me that it was far more important for the twelve of us to have a gathering place than it was to go up and down an elevator. They also pointed out that although they really like the lounge at the YC, it really isn't that big and if 12 of us constantly gathered there then the other guests would start to dislike us, sssssssooooooo, I booked the ADMIRAL SUITE!! Now I'm really interested in reading emmysmommy's trip report.
I'll update your listing!

Sounds wonderful!

Old 03-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #968
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

It looks like there is a couch/sofa in the bedroom, but I have no idea if it is a pullout or not.

Maybe not all of the 1BR rooms have a sofa in the bedroom. I don't even know how many of these rooms there are.

Is that one of the Deluxe rooms? I read somewhere that they used to have the french door. I know BC Deluxe rooms can sleep 5, but the Yacht Club deluxe rooms sleep fewer.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #969
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Is that one of the Deluxe rooms? I read somewhere that they used to have the french door. I know BC Deluxe rooms can sleep 5, but the Yacht Club deluxe rooms sleep fewer.
According to my notes, it is a 1 Bedroom Suite at BC. Unless there is another bedroom I think this room only sleeps 3 (2 in bedroom, one on sofa bed)

As you indicated, the Deluxe BC rooms sleep 5.

I'm trying to gather as much info as possible about the suites and deluxe rooms, so if anyone has descriptions or pictures to share, I would appreciate it!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #970
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Not to rub it in, but...

Our check-in at BCV is in 5 days!!!

Anybody want me to check something out while we're there?
I did think of a couple of things!!!

Can you check at the BC Marketplace to see if they sell gallons of water, and how much they are? That would be a great solution for filling reusable water bottles to take to the park, rather than the individual plastic water bottles.

I still have not seen pictures of the solarium since the gym moved out.

Does anyone have photos?

If not, is it possible for you to take a couple so we can see how the space looks?

Thanks!!!

Dee
Old 03-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #971
rea59
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thank you natbenma,

These pictures are great! They look very similar to what is on the Disney website. I was originally staying at YC in a deluxe cl room but I changed to the BC 1 bedroom suite. I was just confused because when I called to change my reservation, I was told there isn't a sofa. I probably should call the IPO.

I appreciate your help!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #972
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did think of a couple of things!!!

Can you check at the BC Marketplace to see if they sell gallons of water, and how much they are? That would be a great solution for filling reusable water bottles to take to the park, rather than the individual plastic water bottles.

I still have not seen pictures of the solarium since the gym moved out.

Does anyone have photos?

If not, is it possible for you to take a couple so we can see how the space looks?

Thanks!!!

Dee
I'm on it!

But I'm a little ignorant about the gym/solarium relationship. I'm aware of a solarium near the Marketplace. That's the one pictured at the bottom of post #6 in this thread, right? So what are you looking for in relation to the gym?

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 03-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #973
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
I'm on it!

But I'm a little ignorant about the gym/solarium relationship. I'm aware of a solarium near the Marketplace. That's the one pictured at the bottom of post #6 in this thread, right? So what are you looking for in relation to the gym?
Yes, I am talking about the solarium that is in the post you referenced.

The health club at BC/YC was renovated this fall, and while it was closed, fitness equipment was moved into the Solarium. It became the make-shift gym for the resort.

Work was completed on the health club in November or December, and I presume that the solarium is put back the way it was, but I haven't actually seen any pictures.

So this is a long-winded explanation saying- I wouldn't mind seeing a few pictures of the Solarium.

I am all set on the health club. Someone provided pictures of that after it reopened.

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #974
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I am talking about the solarium that is in the post you referenced.

The health club at BC/YC was renovated this fall, and while it was closed, fitness equipment was moved into the Solarium. It became the make-shift gym for the resort.

Work was completed on the health club in November or December, and I presume that the solarium is put back the way it was, but I haven't actually seen any pictures.

So this is a long-winded explanation saying- I wouldn't mind seeing a few pictures of the Solarium.

I am all set on the health club. Someone provided pictures of that after it reopened.

Thanks!
Ah, now I get it. I missed that the gym was temporarily in that space. Thanks for clarifying. I'll get a few shots for you.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 03-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #975
forever11709
Mouseketeer

Katie4890 and I changed our dates! We will now be celebrating my moms birthday and be there October 19-26 at the YC, hoping to find something available at the BC.

Mommy Molly & Daddy (will I ever get him to go HOME with me?)

Molly's Trips -- July 2011 Beach Club October 2012 Beach Club October 2013 Yacht Club -- Will this child ever stay in a non-deluxe?!?!?!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: