Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #2311
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt View Post
I'm trying to search all 154 pages but I can't find what I need. Which buildings have preferred rooms? Or maybe which buildings are considered preferred? If I book a preferred room, do I need to request a building? Thanks!
Toys Story, Dalmatians and Fantasia are preferred
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #2312
MacDalt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad

From post #1: Fantasia, Toy Story and 101 Dalmatians are preferred.
Arg! I've been working backwards to get the most current info. Lol, that's what I get! I'll start at post # 1. Thanks!

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #2313
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt

Arg! I've been working backwards to get the most current info. Lol, that's what I get! I'll start at post # 1. Thanks!
You're welcome. Happy reading!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #2314
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Hi!
My Bf and I will be staying at ASMo Aug18-22nd! We have ADR at CRT for 9am. The CM who I spoke to on the phone told me to give ourselves 90 minutes to get from the resort to MK. Most of the posts I've seen on here suggest that the travel time is only 15 minutes. I obviously want to give us plenty of time to get there and be get some empty park pictures, but how much time do we really need to plan for to get there at that time in the morning?
Thanks!
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #2315
gillenkl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Hi!
My Bf and I will be staying at ASMo Aug18-22nd! We have ADR at CRT for 9am. The CM who I spoke to on the phone told me to give ourselves 90 minutes to get from the resort to MK. Most of the posts I've seen on here suggest that the travel time is only 15 minutes. I obviously want to give us plenty of time to get there and be get some empty park pictures, but how much time do we really need to plan for to get there at that time in the morning?
Thanks!
I would be at the ASMo bus stop by 7am.
I don't like rushing around and the possibility of being late.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #2316
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillenkl

I would be at the ASMo bus stop by 7am.
I don't like rushing around and the possibility of being late.
So in the mornings you definitely need to allot more time? Is there any kind of breakdown anywhere about time of day/how long it takes from resorts to parks? And is it just a bus ride to MK from ASMo?
Old 03-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #2317
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

It is just a bus ride, but the buses aren't always (or usually) at the stop when you get there. The buses run approximately every 20 minutes; if your bus is pulling away as you get to the stop, it could be another 20 minutes before another bus comes. Factor in the time to get from your room to the bus stop, wait for the bus, drive to the park, walk from the unload zone, get through bag check, through the turnstiles, etc. it doesn't usually take a full hour, but if the timing is just wrong, it can.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #2318
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues
It is just a bus ride, but the buses aren't always (or usually) at the stop when you get there. The buses run approximately every 20 minutes; if your bus is pulling away as you get to the stop, it could be another 20 minutes before another bus comes. Factor in the time to get from your room to the bus stop, wait for the bus, drive to the park, walk from the unload zone, get through bag check, through the turnstiles, etc. it doesn't usually take a full hour, but if the timing is just wrong, it can.
Ok, makes sense! Thanks!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:36 AM   #2319
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

Hi everyone! Just booked ASMo for October! It will be me and dd12's first trip as a mom-daughter only trip, we are going to do the haunted trail 5k, and hoping to do a MNSSHP. We have never stayed at ASMo before!
Caitsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #2320
MacDalt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama
Hi everyone! Just booked ASMo for October! It will be me and dd12's first trip as a mom-daughter only trip, we are going to do the haunted trail 5k, and hoping to do a MNSSHP. We have never stayed at ASMo before!
I'm planning a mom/ DD trip too. Celebrating her Sweet 16!

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #2321
Davey Jones II
Mouseketeer

I have a question. Does anyone know why All Star Sports always seems to be the least expensive of the value resorts? Thanks.
Davey Jones II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #2322
Davey Jones II
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
Have a great trip! As for MNSSHP, it's worth every penny, and easy to get tickets. Just book in advance when the tickets go on sale. The wait times for all rides during the party are minimal, special things happen at the Haunted Mansion, and don't miss the amazing parade -- it's worth waiting for.
Davey Jones II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #2323
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Jones II View Post
I have a question. Does anyone know why All Star Sports always seems to be the least expensive of the value resorts? Thanks.
It's not really less expensive. They all have the same rack rates. Sports just seems to be less popular so they might put it on sale more. I've actually find Music to be the cheapest when I'm looking but I rarely look at sports because I have 0 desire to stay there. From what I've read and seen all Value Resort rooms are identical in size, layout and furniture. The only difference between them all is the theme-ing and the sports theme is less popular than the other more "Disney" themes.

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #2324
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

Are there fridges in the proffered rooms at movies also when you get there can you pick between toystory ( we want that) . Are all rooms outside walk out rooms? It's our first time at Disney. And would you suggest bus or car to parks we are driving . Doing all parks mabie drive animal kingdom? Any good advice? Is there that best room to get?
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #2325
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheadmamma4 View Post
Are there fridges in the proffered rooms at movies
There are fridges in every room.

Quote:
also when you get there can you pick between toystory ( we want that) .
It is best to have any room/building requests added to your reservation. You can do this anytime from when you book up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival. Just call the central reservations line and have them add your requests to your reservation.

Quote:
Are all rooms outside walk out rooms? It's our first time at Disney.
Yep.

Quote:
And would you suggest bus or car to parks we are driving . Doing all parks mabie drive animal kingdom?
Personally, when I'm on vacation I really don't want to drive myself. We have never had any issues with the buses at any level resort at WDW. We view the bus rides as part of the experience, it's a great way to meet people from all over the world.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: