Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #16
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMouse View Post
If we were visiting Disney primarily for the F&W Festival we would without a doubt select an Epcot Resort. If the rates between YC and WL are only $50 difference I would without hestitation select YC. WL and AKL are normally your lower rate Deluxes. Temperatures can be still high and humid in October, so an afternoon dip in SAB would be very easy and convenient on a hot day..just to change things up a little.
Actually with the discounts, YC is cheaper than the Wilderness, that's of course taking into account previous room discounts tend to be 30% YC, 20% WL.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #17
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
On one hand I really want to try something new (YC), but I have great memories at the WL. Outside of the 2 days I set aside for Epcot, most of my dining reservations will end up being on the Monorail line, and MK.
Then I would just stick with WL... YC is great for F and W, but if you stay there it's better if you chose to do more dining on that side than on the monorail...

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Then I would just stick with WL... YC is great for F and W, but if you stay there it's better if you chose to do more dining on that side than on the monorail...
Off the top of my head, I know that I'd make a day just going stand to stand at F&W.

But, other reservations that I'd be making would be, Cali Grill, Artist Pointe, Be Our Guest, Liberty Tree, Kona Cafe.

Though I'm tempted to try either La Hacienda, or The Yachtsman Steakhouse.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #19
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Off the top of my head, I know that I'd make a day just going stand to stand at F&W.

But, other reservations that I'd be making would be, Cali Grill, Artist Pointe, Be Our Guest, Liberty Tree, Kona Cafe.

Though I'm tempted to try either La Hacienda, or The Yachtsman Steakhouse.
We've stayed at the WL twice and have found the buses to be great during both stays (with the boat being awesome for going to the CR and MK ). I will say that Yachtsman Steakhouse is amazing (one of our favorites), but getting from the MK area to the YC for 1 dinner would be easier, IMO, than trying to get from the YC to the MK area for 5 meals. With that said, both resorts are great choices and you really can't go wrong with either one, it just depends how much traveling you want to do. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #20
browneyedgrl4282
Mouseketeer

Both are great options.

YC - the walking to F&W is awesome and use of Stormalong Bay

WL - closeness to MK
2010 - OKW & POFQ
2011 - CBR & POP
2012 - SSR, FW, AKL, OKW, BLT, & BWV
2013 - BLT,BWV,WL,BCV, CSR, POR, AoA, SSR, & AKL
2014 - BCV, Yacht, Poly, & GFV

browneyedgrl4282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #21
MissionMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually with the discounts, YC is cheaper than the Wilderness, that's of course taking into account previous room discounts tend to be 30% YC, 20% WL.
I understand this when I first responded. To us YC is superior to WL. We have stayed at most of the deluxes and WL and AKL are two deluxes that are at the bottom of our resorts of interest.

Disney World - Magic Kingdom Entrance - Walk Around The World Brick Owner
Boardwalk Inn Photos
Typhoon Lagoon Photos
Wishes-Fireworks from PR & MK Photo Album - 30 Photos
Sea World and Marriott Rennaissance SW - Photo Album - 40+ Photos
Disney World Park and Deluxe Resort Photographs
MissionMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #22
herb102211
DIS Veteran

I'd go with the Yacht Club, especially since it you will probably be at the food and wine festival a lot. Can't beat the location!

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club
Me (28) DH (28)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: