Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer

Ohana breakfast vs. Chef Mickey's

My husband didn't convey how important it was for him to have breakfast with Mickey (he swears its for the kids, riiiiight) on our upcoming May trip until this week. I managed to snag an 11:30am Chef Mickey's which is where we went a few years ago on our last trip. The food was meh but the character interaction was great. Today I realized that Mickey is also at Ohana's (I thought it was just Lilo and Stitch) and got an 8:30 ADR for the only day we could fit it in (the same day we had the 11:25 CM ADR).

Honestly I'm happy to dump the CM reservation because I'm worried about the food being even worse due to it being at the end of breakfast and maybe the character might be tired.

How is the character interaction at Ohana's? We also have a dinner reservation there the same day at 8:20pm but I figured the experience will be different enough that we won't really mind being back. Will I regret dropping the CM's reservation?
Chavaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

That late, I would probably imagine that it's lunch as they do sometimes have lunch. I would pick 'Ohana because it's less stressful. However, I would also suggest Garden Grill for dinner at Epcot. It's got Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale and they are so much fun!!!!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer

We have other character meals planned (Tusker House lunch for instance) but for some reason the husband really wants breakfast with Mickey. Dunno if CM's was lunch, that's another reason why I just wasn't thrilled about it.... I put 'breakfast' into the reservation site but who knows.
Chavaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
We have other character meals planned (Tusker House lunch for instance) but for some reason the husband really wants breakfast with Mickey. Dunno if CM's was lunch, that's another reason why I just wasn't thrilled about it.... I put 'breakfast' into the reservation site but who knows.
If it has to be breakfast, then do 'Ohana. It's served family style and it's not as crazy as Chef Mickey's can be. However, if you need lots of options for your family ("I don't like eggs", etc), then maybe you want to keep it.

Also, before canceling, I would call WDW Dining and ask if breakfast will still be served at 11:30 for your CM ressie.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
RevFrHeinz
Earning My Ears

We have done both, but actually prefer Ohana. We had breakfast there. The characters went around the room at a reasonable pace. Stitch spent a nice amount of time with us, as did Mickey.

It is more relaxed, much less noisy, and far less crowded than CM.

My .02
Devoted Husband & Father of one

July 1997 -- Honeymoon at Grand Floridian
Feb. 2000 -- Contemporary
Sep. 2002 -- 3 night cruise: Disney Wonder
Oct. 2004 -- All Star Music
Oct. 2007 -- (Animal Kingdom Lodge one night)
Land & Sea (3 night/4 night)
Polynesian & Disney Wonder
Dec. 2008 -- Pop Century
RevFrHeinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
GeneralTso
DIS Veteran

We loved breakfast at Ohana! Food was good, atmosphere just fantastic. Do it!!!
GeneralTso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #7
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

We did CM and 'Ohana for breakfast on our last trip. The character interaction at 'Ohana was much better. The characters basically ignored DS at CM where as the ones at 'Ohana loved playing with him and trying to get him to smile. I found the food is much better at 'Ohana as well.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #8
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

We love 'Ohana, it is our favourite character meal and a must do every trip! We always get excellent character interaction, and the juice is yummy. Chef Mickeys is okay, but a lot more chaotic.

Your 11:30 ADR should still be breakfast. I have had 11:30 breakfast ressies before. Chef Mickeys usually only adds lunch during very busy times like holidays and free dining. Since you are traveling in May, I doubt they are doing lunch service.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:02 AM   #9
mlamanna1701
Mouseketeer

I have never done Chef Mickeys, so I cannot comment on it. As for 'Ohana, I would only recommend it if you won't care whether the food is good. My wife and I didn't like the food at breakfast, but the character interaction was great. They go around to all the tables and practically do everything you ask. And they seem to stick around at your table until you're done with them. The kids seemed to enjoy the Conga line as well.
mlamanna1701 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: