Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
armomof3lvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
armomof3lvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,105

So Happy, If at first you don't succeed...

So happy and relieved this morning. POR rooms with the Spring Discount had been not available for our dates, so I booked POP. Hoping that something would open up, so I check the WDW Spring Discount seacrch everyday. This morning a garden view room was available. So I called reservations and thankfully it was still there and long story short if at first you don't succeed try, try again!!! So HAPPY, POR we're coming home!!
__________________

May 2013 POR
February 2011 ASMU
March 2007, 2006, & 2003 POR
May 1997 Offsite
May 1983 Offsite
armomof3lvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by armomof3lvsdisney View Post
So happy and relieved this morning. POR rooms with the Spring Discount had been not available for our dates, so I booked POP. Hoping that something would open up, so I check the WDW Spring Discount seacrch everyday. This morning a garden view room was available. So I called reservations and thankfully it was still there and long story short if at first you don't succeed try, try again!!! So HAPPY, POR we're coming home!!
Congrats on getting POR . It is always my advice to keep trying if what you really want isn't available at first because things do change and you never know when something different might become available. Glad you were able to get what you wanted .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by armomof3lvsdisney View Post
So happy and relieved this morning. POR rooms with the Spring Discount had been not available for our dates, so I booked POP. Hoping that something would open up, so I check the WDW Spring Discount seacrch everyday. This morning a garden view room was available. So I called reservations and thankfully it was still there and long story short if at first you don't succeed try, try again!!! So HAPPY, POR we're coming home!!
We stay at lots of different resorts but my dh likes BLT for Thanksgiving. After 2 times in a 1bdrm villa I found availability in July for a 2bdrm. Like you I checked every day then on 7/23/12 I finally found a 2bdrm for our dates in November.

I didn't tell him though. I waited and waited, then in October he finally said " I wish we could have gotten the 2bdrm" and I said " we do have a 2 bdrm". The look on his face was priceless.

love giving magic! We really enjoyed it too!
trishadono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,249

Congrats!!! I always keep trying when I can't get a resort reservation or ADR that we really want and things do open up. Glad you can stay where you want to with that discount!
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
armomof3lvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
armomof3lvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,105

Thanks everyone, I have been all smiles all day!!
__________________

May 2013 POR
February 2011 ASMU
March 2007, 2006, & 2003 POR
May 1997 Offsite
May 1983 Offsite
armomof3lvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
cheer25mom
DIS Veteran
 
cheer25mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 834

I did the same thing yesterday. I was booked with the AP discount but it only covered the first 2 days of our trip. Finally got the garden view room on the spring discount yesterday.
cheer25mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #7
veraletta
DIS Veteran
 
veraletta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: proctorville
Posts: 1,392

I did the same thing today too!
My daughter and I was going to stay at All Star's Sport with her 2 children,
For $1300.
Then her friend decide he wanted to come along. He wanted to stay in the same room with us. but there was no room available at Port Orlean riverside, so we had to wait until one came open.
It took a day, but we were finally was able to book Port Orlean riverside with trundle. Only downside was that we had to pay rack rate because the rates we had used for sports had expired.

This morning I saw that Port Orleans had standard room with AP rate at a saving of $200,
So I called travel agent to rebook room but she wasn't able to book it because it was gone before she was able to get it.

But only an hour later, I was able to call her again to let her know that another AP rate room opened up for a saving of $130. I was so happy that she was able to book that room.

So we went from rack rate to at least a saving of $150.
I know it's not much. But any saving is better then none...
I know we should have been happy with at least being able to book a room at Port Orlean with only 4 days before we leave..

Congrats to all that were able to get a great rate or the room of their choice.
veraletta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #8
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraletta View Post
I did the same thing today too!
My daughter and I was going to stay at All Star's Sport with her 2 children,
For $1300.
Then her friend decide he wanted to come along. He wanted to stay in the same room with us. but there was no room available at Port Orlean riverside, so we had to wait until one came open.
It took a day, but we were finally was able to book Port Orlean riverside with trundle. Only downside was that we had to pay rack rate because the rates we had used for sports had expired.

This morning I saw that Port Orleans had standard room with AP rate at a saving of $200,
So I called travel agent to rebook room but she wasn't able to book it because it was gone before she was able to get it.



But only an hour later, I was able to call her again to let her know that another AP rate room opened up for a saving of $130. I was so happy that she was able to book that room.

So we went from rack rate to at least a saving of $150.
I know it's not much. But any saving is better then none...
I know we should have been happy with at least being able to book a room at Port Orlean with only 4 days before we leave..

Congrats to all that were able to get a great rate or the room of their choice.
love it! I don't think our families have a clue the hoops we jump through to make all their wishes come true. I renamed my self FHP ( family happiness planner)
trishadono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #9
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran
 
disneybliss2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,139

Yea! Glad some pixie dust came your way OP! As you said, it never hurts to keep checking. I do this with ADR when I keep changing my mind.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #10
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran
 
disneybliss2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
love it! I don't think our families have a clue the hoops we jump through to make all their wishes come true. I renamed my self FHP ( family happiness planner)

So funny (and true)! Totally made me laugh!
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #11
veraletta
DIS Veteran
 
veraletta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: proctorville
Posts: 1,392

You may think I'm losing it, but I looked again today online and my room price went from $2098 to $2016 so I called my TA and had her change it.
So I'm happy now, I do now know that I got the best price for our room, So now I can say that I will now stop looking online.
veraletta is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.